It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question concerning Catholicism and marriage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I was just reading this article:

marriage annulments

An annulment in the Roman Catholic Church is an official ruling that a marriage was never valid, that it effectively never existed.

So I did some quick searches and also found this:

Fornication

The Catholic religion does not accept any sexual activity from an unmarried couple. Sex outside of marriage is known as fornication and is considered a serious sin.

Now let's say that I get married, have sex, then have the marriage annulled. Now the marriage never existed, therefore I have had sex outside of marriage.

Does the Catholic church automatically forgive my fornication or not?

Should it, or should it not?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow
I was just reading this article:

marriage annulments

An annulment in the Roman Catholic Church is an official ruling that a marriage was never valid, that it effectively never existed.

So I did some quick searches and also found this:

Fornication

The Catholic religion does not accept any sexual activity from an unmarried couple. Sex outside of marriage is known as fornication and is considered a serious sin.

Now let's say that I get married, have sex, then have the marriage annulled. Now the marriage never existed, therefore I have had sex outside of marriage.

Does the Catholic church automatically forgive my fornication or not?

Should it, or should it not?

In my humblest opinion, and with all due respect to the church's, it is only God who can forgive One of sin. He knows the heart of everyOne, and when there is true repentence or not. A church body may claim to forgive a member or not, but One must still ultimately answer to God. I think thats the long and short of it...

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
from what i learned in catholic highschool theology, in the catholic church sex within a marriage that is later annuled is annuled along with the marriage

though i may be wrong

new topics

join