It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tinker Airforce base Questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I was looking around the Tinker Airforce Base on Google Earth, and came across a rather weird looking stockpile of vehicles.

I was wondering if anyone knew what these were? They look like vans, but there is a LOT of them. And they seem to be lined up going into a building to be fitted/stripped for something.

Below, shows building

Anyone have any ideas? You can type in Tinker Airforce Base in google earth and it will take you right there, look around, tell me what you think.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Interesting. Maybe you could do those searches over a period of time and see if they look different coming out of the buildings?
Whenever there is a hoopla over base closings, TAFB always manages to avoid falling under the ax. We may be in for interesting times here in Oklahoma.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Okay, well I did some more research and feel kinda silly for asking about this now, It turns out that TAFB shares a property line with a GM manufacturing plant.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar I guess.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I thought GM closed? Surely they took their assets with them?

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Well, if you look at Google earth you will see the facility is still operating at the time that the picture was taken.(anyone know how often its updated?) And it looks to me like the facility is adjoined to the base. Which is why I thought it was part of the base to begin with. Only Mapquest showed that this was the GM plant. I'm from Tulsa, and not familiar with the OKC area.

new topics

top topics

join