It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drinking vinegar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Ok this is no joke, I was just wondering, is it is dangerous drinking vinegar, I mean zips, as if you drink to much it will make you shake and sorta burn, gets to sour.

It's just I love drinking vinegar, is there any danger in doing this?
I ask mainly due to it's acidic.

[edit on 4-2-2007 by Galiega]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
www.straightdope.com...

Drinking too much acid will cause you problems. If you indulge in moderation you will probably be fine.

I've heard different stories - some folks say that too much acid in the system leads to general health problems.

I don't know the facts, but the above site might help you a bit.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I've never heard of vinegar being harmful, but it supposed to be helpful for many other things. Here is a website I found on vinegar.

The Vinegar Institute

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Nice link WyrdeOne, I read through it, it might be possible to harm the digestive system eh, thanks.

I will just make sure not to drink it every minute in gulps!

Thanks as well, dirty_underground, quite weird, the Japanese are very interested in health, and they make fruit type of vinegar drinks.
Also thanks for taking me serious, it is quite weird for me to drink vinegar now and again.

[edit on 4-2-2007 by Galiega]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I've never actually had a drink from a bottle of malt vinegar, but I drown my chips in it everytime I eat at a restaurant that features proper condiments.

So, I'm as curious as you about the health effects...

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I like a bit of vinegar in a salad dressing or on a sandwich or something...but actually drinking a glass of it? Just thinking about that makes me want to

[edit on 2/4/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It can wear down the enamel of your teeth pretty well

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I put apple cider vinegar in my health drink, a little may do some good.

YMMV

Roper

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I use a cap full to cure the hiccups. Any more than that and I would

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I use organic cider vinegar. I'll mix it in with other drinks, like smoothies, or even juice. I've drank it by itself before and Yuck!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I drink a little shot when I get indigestion. Clears it up in no time. Too much of anything is bad for you, vinegar included. The body has to maintain that perfect balance or else everything gets out of whack.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
LOL pretty funny,one time I worked for a trucking company and had to take some drivers in for their yearly drug test,they were drinking vinegar as they were told that drinking it gives a clear drug test,but in reality just gave them a gut ache,and they all failed the drug test

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I suggest you drink apple cider vinegar with the mother, if you're going to have it at all. There are health benefits associated with this; how true they are or whether you need them, who knows.

Immediately rinse your mouth LIKE CRAZY and extensively -- but do not brush your teeth. That stuff is hell on teeth!

Best,
PJ

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Vinegar is one of the oldest foods in civilisation. Many cultures hold it in high esteem.

I use it sometimes and I feel great after taking it.

Have you thought of diluting it? Some people just put a couple of spoonfuls in a glass of water.

Another way to get it into your body is to drown vegetable dishes in it.

Great advice on the teeth though. Rinse thoroughly after using it.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The American diet is already flooded with acid and acid-producing foods, like simple carbohydrates.

If you maintain a good acid-alkaline balance, then a little bit is fine to ease discomfort (although, obviously, it's not a cure). Acids are also helpful for killing germs.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I get my vinegar from the fat pickles ina huge jar...thats the way! LOL

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I use it to clear my sinuses, Bragg organic apple cider vinegar. I heat up a cup of water, just before it boils. Add 2 or 3 tbls of apple cider vinegar, 1 tbls of honey and a couple shakes of cayenne pepper. I drink 2 or 3 of those a day and in two or 3 days my sinuses are cleared with no drugs.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
i did it a few times,,, but it's so nasty,,,,, and i just can't seem to water it down enuff to make it tolerable on a daily basis

i would gag

so i bought the aplle cider vinegar pills,,,,, and you can still taste the strong odor from the pills even

new topics

top topics

join