It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I was just watching Doctor Who's Christmas Invasion and was wondering if there any anti orbital objects weapons that could actually hit a moving spaceship that is about as far out as the moon.

basically are we screwed if aliens show up

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Even if we did have something to hit them with, the chances are it would do no good.... If they have the technology to get here then I doubt anything we could throw at them would be of any consiquence...

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Oh god no, dear god no.
That would be a bad idea at this time. We are having a hard enough time with each other, if there was space based weapons we would use them against each other, and prolly do alot more damage.
Sides if we were attacked, why not use any of the sattilites up there to ram into them?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
Oh god no, dear god no.
That would be a bad idea at this time. We are having a hard enough time with each other, if there was space based weapons we would use them against each other, and prolly do alot more damage.
Sides if we were attacked, why not use any of the sattilites up there to ram into them?

i have only one thing to say , deploying space based lasers would be a provocation and will ultimately end with satellites carrying onboard nuclear weapons that could be used to strike inA moments notice ...

militarization of space is the worst thing ever

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by c00ws
I was just watching Doctor Who's Christmas Invasion and was wondering if there any anti orbital objects weapons that could actually hit a moving spaceship that is about as far out as the moon.

basically are we screwed if aliens show up

If hostile aliens show up with advanced militray technology, then, yes, we are screwed.

In theory it would be possible to improvise something that would carry a nuclear warhead out to that distance, it would be a matter of seeing if there are any Saturn Vs (or the Russian equivalent) lying around and assembling any other components as needed...might take a few days but if the Earth was at risk then all the stops would be pulled out and the usual safety testing would go by the board. But using this sort of device against seriously advanced aliens would be a complete waste of time.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The Chinese are working on it. They already proved they can take out spy satellites. That qualifies as "anti-orbital". Now I have a question for you, why is China so concerned with taking out satellites, and why are they so interested in showing the US their power?

No doubt the US has "space based" weapons that no one knows about. As well as Russia. I have heard claims that there are even military personnel stationed off-world. Supposedly this is something that whats his face over in England found out when he hacked the DoD

Given the trajectory of the space ship, any nuclear warhead could be given a rocket assisted launch and placed on the appropriate intercept course to take it out. With current guided missle technology who knows whats possible. And who knows what technology is out there that we don't know about

Also, for those of you who know or are into the "chemtrails" theory, I believe the air is being saturated with metals so that the countries involved can ionize the air and create an energy barrier over any given area with these metals in the atmosphere.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
the area 51 base in ameerica has got some top secret weapon not alot of people know about they can stop ufo's if they have one themselves though..

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
www.defensereview.com...
Looks like some folks have put some thought into this, I guess you can't hit what you can't see

new topics

top topics

join