It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great UFO debate on Fox News' Heartland between David Sereda and Bill Nye the Science Guy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I'm confused at the 1:42 mark or thereabouts.
It looks like the camera zooms out and it's suddenly bright enough to see the lake but then it goes very dark again.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Jbird was onto something there (sorry, I had to go to sleep).

The point of my post was to show that the scientific view on this matter shouldn't be the considered the best way to look at this phenomenon, simply because it's science, and science as you all know bases itself on testability, repetedness, physical evidence. UFOs seem to only leave a trace in our memories, and seldom if all ever leaves any if all physical, measurable, testable trace. This doesn't mean that science is a necessarily bad way of looking at it, it just has to be an optimistic scientist, and those my friends, are rare.

I kinda had a visualization of scientific knowledge applying itself on UFOs. It's like science creates a field if you may, a field of knowledge surrounding the entire earth, and it reaches some 500 feet into the air, but above that, nothing. It can't include the UFOs so to speak (this is all methaphorically), no matter how hard it tries. As long as UFOs stay above this scientific 'bubble' of knowledge they're well ahead of them in this game of cat and mouse.

But yeah, I'm beginning to think that UFOs, whatever controls their will, will have to Want to get close and personal, Want to be seen, tested, proved. Until then we amateur Ufologists will be as highly regarded as Kopernikus when he first discovered the earth spun around the sun and not the other way around. HE was a pioneer, but not acknowledged as such until after his death, something that many Ufologists have already faced. We just need some good ol' fashioned stick-to-it-ness and we'll eventually come out victorious.

I for one am going to love handing out a lot of 'I told you so's.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
I'm confused at the 1:42 mark or thereabouts.
It looks like the camera zooms out and it's suddenly bright enough to see the lake but then it goes very dark again.

That is where I put the camera into "Night Shot" mode, so you could see the objects were over the lake, But in Night Shot, There is no Color and I can't describe how bright these objects were to the Naked eye so I went back to the normal mode

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Frozen> Forgive me for asking. But no chance you can provide us with a higher quality video, maybe even the whole thing?

Oh and a question about the video. Once you started focusing on the other one with the first one flying away, your friend said "Whoa whoa whoa", but I saw nothing really different in the tape, what was that about?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frozenthought
That is where I put the camera into "Night Shot" mode, so you could see the objects were over the lake, But in Night Shot, There is no Color and I can't describe how bright these objects were to the Naked eye so I went back to the normal mode

Ok that makes sense. How far away do you think the UFOs were ?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
Frozen> Forgive me for asking. But no chance you can provide us with a higher quality video, maybe even the whole thing?

Oh and a question about the video. Once you started focusing on the other one with the first one flying away, your friend said "Whoa whoa whoa", but I saw nothing really different in the tape, what was that about?

The high Res version will be in the New David Sereda film, It does look a lot brighter and more detail but I am pretty happy with the quality of the Youtube clip.

As far as the question....your friend said "Whoa whoa whoa", but I saw nothing really different in the tape, what was that about?

A huge ball of light showed up to our left, it shocked us, It was only there for a few seconds, it was so bright, i didn't catch it with the camera, , i was already filming this other object, but that is what happened.

Sometimes when I am down there at the Lake, There is so many UFO's, I don't know what to film, that was one of those cases.

[edit on 4-2-2007 by Frozenthought]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Ok that makes sense. How far away do you think the UFOs were ?

They seemed pretty close actually, and made no sound at all which you can tell from the video

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
When the video ends, is that when the UFO's disappeared ?
Did they fly off or just fade away ? The video seemed to end abruptly.
Good work though. Those lights do not look like any kind of aircraft I've ever seen.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   

When the video ends, is that when the UFO's disappeared ?
Did they fly off or just fade away ? The video seemed to end abruptly.
Good work though. Those lights do not look like any kind of aircraft I've ever seen.

The 1st object just flew off to my left, the 2nd onject just seemed to fade out, I have capured many Orbs over the lake that phase/fade in & out, they seem to dematerialize then just reappear a liitle further away, those ones just faded out, you can see object #2 is getting dimmer & dimmer.

I have some other footage I should upload, some crazy stuff, I have a House sized Plasma Orb that is this same quality that comes really really close then takes off to the right after around 7 minutes of filming, I couldn't even keep up with it.

remember the following recent News story, this is what I have on film, I will upload it shortly

www.wnd.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   

You have voted Frozenthought for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Not to be devils adovocate, but theres still tons of things we dont know about our own planet. Things that are widely seen, but have no concept of science to back why they even happen, like this.

Could UFOs we see in the sky not just be elements of our earth? Magnetic ionic energy? maybe even a reactive lifeform in a spectral wave??

Why must we attribute everything we dont know about to aliens. Its like we still live in the medival ages when everything was "Demons" this and Demons that.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I used to like Bill Nye the Science guy. It irritates me when people kind of stick there head in the sand and say "the sky is not falling", as chunks of rocks hit them.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Could UFOs we see in the sky not just be elements of our earth? Magnetic ionic energy? maybe even a reactive lifeform in a spectral wave??

I think that could be a possible explanation if all we were seeing was random plasma or other natural looking effects. But this video as well as thousands of other eye witness accounts describe UFOs behaving in an intelligent manner.

I say that about this video because of the way the 2nd UFO seems to come over to the first. And then all of the pilot sightings where the UFO flew alongside, followed, or evaded as if the UFO realized there was an airplane there.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I haven't seen it but I'm pretty sure it will be replayed later tonight and I should be able to capture it.

As promised I got it! It took a while for me to convert and upload it (my first time using YouTube).

Let me know if there are any problems viewing it.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
when I hit the link it said it contained a malformed video.

nm works fine now, thank you for putting it up.

[edit on 4-2-2007 by Illusionsaregrander]

[edit on 4-2-2007 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Here is a clip to the full Lake Erie UFO video that was featured on tonights Fox News, they cut out all the best parts as you will see, I wonder why?

www.youtube.com...

Make sure to check it out in Full Screen

Whats even better than the video is the Bill and Ted commentary, dude.

just joking, great vid.

[edit on 4/2/07 by mojo4sale]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Whats even better than the video is the Bill and Ted commentary, dude.

just joking, great vid.

Seems like our dialog will become more famous than the footage!

I have heard many ideas...

Bill and Ted's excellent UFO encounters

Beavis & Buthead do UFO's

Dude, where is my UFO?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fixed italics

[edit on 4/2/07 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Thank you for putting that video up Frozen. You are right they totally showed the wrong parts on Fox.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Well this Nye fellow is pretty damned ignorant from what he says in the video. Let's analyze.

Note that he doesn't straight away go for the 'It's unlikely' argument, but the 'quality' argument, suggesting that he's not taking the super defensive science approach but instead goes directly for the ridicule. That's a sign of weakness.

He states that there are a ridiculous amounts of cameras and video cameras in the world, yet on 9/11, in a city with Millions of people in the upper class who owns god knows how many cameras, all crammed into one place, there was only one, One camera that recorded the first crash. I wish David would've put him in his place with that argument, since it's pretty widely used by Ufologists. Also I'm noticing that he doesn't seem to have investigated this at all, but actually bases his information on mouth to mouth information and what he sees on TV.

He states the "quality of the evidence is so low in this case". I mean, this is the best we can do. This is one of the better UFO videos to surface in Months. If we could actually Produce Mind boggling video footage of UFOs landing on Times Square Garden then we wouldn't even be having this conversation! He yet again goes to score some ridicule points without actually knowing anything about the background.

I dunno why David went for the obvious Government conspiracy trap, but he sure fell into it. Nye could've ridiculed him till frogs do fraction about various falsely proven conspiracies, but I'm glad he at least didn't Touch the Area 51 stuff. Any semi self respecting Ufologist knows that to succeed you need to be objective, and thusly stay the hell away from conspiracies.

Whatever, he scored Some points but could've done a lot better. I don't really respect Sereda because he has some, in my view, crackpot theories about how UFOs (namely the one he saw as a kid) 'bend' space and become invisible. It's in one of his earlier documentaries. But.... he's all we've got.

[edit on 4-2-2007 by Drexon]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
Well this Nye fellow is pretty damned ignorant from what he says in the video. Let's analyze.

Note that he doesn't straight away go for the 'It's unlikely' argument, but the 'quality' argument, suggesting that he's not taking the super defensive science approach but instead goes directly for the ridicule. That's a sign of weakness.

He states that there are a ridiculous amounts of cameras and video cameras in the world, yet on 9/11, in a city with Millions of people in the upper class who owns god knows how many cameras, all crammed into one place, there was only one, One camera that recorded the first crash. I wish David would've put him in his place with that argument, since it's pretty widely used by Ufologists. Also I'm noticing that he doesn't seem to have investigated this at all, but actually bases his information on mouth to mouth information and what he sees on TV.

He states the "quality of the evidence is so low in this case". I mean, this is the best we can do. This is one of the better UFO videos to surface in Months. If we could actually Produce Mind boggling video footage of UFOs landing on Times Square Garden then we wouldn't even be having this conversation! He yet again goes to score some ridicule points without actually knowing anything about the background.

I dunno why David went for the obvious Government conspiracy trap, but he sure fell into it. Nye could've ridiculed him till frogs do fraction about various falsely proven conspiracies, but I'm glad he at least didn't Touch the Area 51 stuff. Any semi self respecting Ufologist knows that to succeed you need to be objective, and thusly stay the hell away from conspiracies.

Whatever, he scored Some points but could've done a lot better. I don't really respect Sereda because he has some, in my view, crackpot theories about how UFOs (namely the one he saw as a kid) 'bend' space and become invisible. It's in one of his earlier documentaries. But.... he's all we've got.

[edit on 4-2-2007 by Drexon]

How elese would you describe objects that can only be seen & filmed in the upper bands of Light energy such as Infra-red and Gamma such as the Nasa footage and Mexico gov't footage?

These craft do not register in "Lower" bands of light energy. but can also pop in & out of our "range" of reality.

The mexican pilots said they could see nothing with there there eyes but on the infra-red camera, they were surrounded.

It makes perfect sense to me that these craft can change there mass into light, and then they are no longer bound by 3-d physics

[edit on 4-2-2007 by Frozenthought]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join