It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BOB Kits!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
ignorant_ape gave me this idea to start a new thread.

People were discussing their BOB kit supply list and I was very interested. I would like to know what people are placing in them as I would like to secure one for my family. Also, for a family of four would I need four seperate kits, one for each member, or could I just pack extra in a main kit?

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Kit 1 (personal)

Portable DVD playa
20 of my favorite DVD's (to keep my mind of the BS)
Can goods (spaghetti o's and things)
20 pair of underware (cause you will be scared sh**tless)
Playstation 3 (cause after paying $600 this baby ain't going no where and it will keep my eye/hand coordination up)
10 of my favorite games
1 shovel (to bury bodies I find along the way)
Mac 10 w/2000 rounds of amo

Kit 2 (at home)

400 gallons of fresh water
camping stove
4 Black Angus cows (so when the markets run out)
13 chickens (for eggs and drumsticks)
10 A-K 47's (1 for each member of my crew)
vegtable seeds
6 cases of distilled Vodka (to ease the pain and can used for infections)
10 flashlights (wind up kind)
short wave radio (wind up as well)
10 cords of chopped wood

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Dang it all!! hit backspace and deleted my post....grrr
condensed version
Alice Pack and 50cal ammo box packed;
Printout of FM 21-76 Survival, Evasion, and Recovery Manual
Fishing kit
first aid kit
basic shelter kit
Fire kit
Navigation and signaling kit
Assorted Tool kit
Potable water kit

the rest of the space is filled with non essentials.

Traveling light has been noted often, my theory is fit it all into one pack and it will get lighter as it gets used. If you are serious about making a bob, ask yourself what you and your family need to survive. Make a list and determine what level the need is. Then create a personal get to vehicle bag, then a larger setup for trunk, and a larger still for home in case you get there and need to leave. The home one is clothes, food and tent, and some bedding.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
to answer one of your questions . every member of your team, group, or family should have a minimum survival kit on them in times of emergency and should have been familiarized and trained on the contents and how to use them. this can be done at home but some off site practice is very useful, read camping trip here and not to any established ares a wilderness trip is the best but perhaps not for the first time. you can certainly have members of your group carry different things in their kits according to ability to bear them but the basics must go with every person you wish to survive as they may get separated from the rest for either a short or long time and this to must be considered. where to meet and when if such occurs. on the camping trips, at least one the members should camp alone separated from the rest by enough distance to test their ability to survive alone at least 24 hours , more is better but time is a constraint in most peoples lives . i hope this helps .

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I have most of the stuff mentioned here and:
4 tarps
1 tow wench with a 5000lbs steel cable
2 2500lbs tow ropes
1 water pump

I plan on gettin a rickshaw like cart

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
all the survival guides that are stored in pdf on my laptop. A decent worldmap also stored at my laptop. Solar charger for my laptop. A decent weapon without ammo . A small fishingthing, a CB-radio who is compatible with my solar charger. Alot of watercleaning tablets. A small bottle of bleach . A gasmask with different filters . and i know it sounds stupid . But i always keep a HAZMAT-suit from Tyvek with it to. in case things get really ugly at my hideout. i have a pair of gloves who reach over my elbows chemical resistant. and some boots who are chem-resistant to.

The first thing i would do is take all the rice that i have stored some 1kg ,get my laptop and solar panel . my bobkit jump on my bike and drive like hell to a place i know up here thats underground. From there on i would evaluate the situation as it comes because u never really can think of any situation bound to happen in a crisis.

I hope i never need the stuff above, but in case i need it i'm prepared. Some of my friends an me talked about this before , And i case of a global thingy we would assemble at the underground place i mentioned before. My guess is that we have a better chance with 5 prepared guys then with a whole group who is underresourced.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Don't forget to include your e-BOB

You could carry all you need in terms of reference and technical manuals, how-to guides, maps and all manner of other 'tactical/survival' data in a couple of Gigs worth of storage (enough to fill a single DVD-ROM or USB memory stick)

Even in the event of an EMP/national power-cut type event, you'll still be able to find a functioning workstation/laptop to access your files...would make a great tradeable commodity too in the longer term

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spartannic
all the survival guides that are stored in pdf on my laptop

could you post links to any of those .pdf guides/files so I could add to my e-bob? would be much appreciated

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
An y additions/advice/guidance as to the following would be gratefully recieved.

I'm not gonna define it as a BOB/NCHB etc, it's what I need I feel to survive, so on with the show...

60l Bergen
Waterproof Bergen cover
4 season sleeping bag
Sleeping bag liner
Waterproof BiviBag
Double size basha
Self inflating mattress and pillow
50m paracord
Tent pegs
Mallet
Mossie net
Solar shower
Wash kit
Field towel
Small first aid kit and more advanced first aid kit
Various med's
Binoculars
Prescription lenses/dark lenses
Jetboil stove and stabiliser
Mess tins
KFS set
2 gas cannisters
2 hexi burners
2 24hr ration packs
3l camelback
Milton water filter bag
Hatchet
2 survival knives
Survival kit
Mini SAS survival guide
2 Duct tape
Strobe
Pen flares
Smoke flare
Wind up/solar radio
Wind up torch
Waterproof clothing and other clothing, boots etc.

Many thanks in advance.

new topics

top topics

join