It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman 'hasn't slept for eight years'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Thats silly.. cause recently there were studies saying sleeping prolong hours cause health issues.. shortening your lifespan

I heard that too Mystispice. Seems they say one thing one time and something totally different another time.
I would think laying in bed for long hours wouldn't be as healthy for a person.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I wonder what would happen if she and that indian who never ate for 70 years were to have kids.
Deep

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 03:20 AM
link   
what the heck is sleep? last week for instance my son was in the hospital, he is 3 so i had to be with him all day while his mother was at work,problem is i work the graveyard shift, i maybe got 10 hours of sleep in eight days. i will get all the sleep i need when i'm dead.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I heard of other cases like this.. I guess some people just don't need sleep.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Its obvious why...

Her Husband snores at night...

Originally posted by MountainStar

Doctors in Romania say they are baffled after examining a woman who claims she has not slept a wink for eight years.

www.ananova.com...

The doctors back-up her claim too. What about sleep deprivation health effects? Like

emotional problems
depression
irritability
anxiety
impaired memory
concentration
sleepiness.
I wonder if this women suffers from any of these things? The article doesn't say.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Going without sleep is definitely a no-no.

When I was revising for my exams about 3 years ago I just could not sleep. I tried virtually every natural remedy but none of them worked. My concentration went out of the window, I was irritable, snappy and the slightest thing made me angry. I think I got about 2 hours every night for two weeks.

Eventually I fainted in class (not surprising - I do that quite often but that's another story
), This time my friend insisted that I went to the doctor. He told me that it was exam-related stress and that I needed to relax or I'd 'burn out'. He gave me a course of sleeping pills - I don't like taking things like that but did it anyway because I felt so crappy - and it did help

Luckily, once the exams were over, I got back to my normal sleep routine.

Personally I would never deprive myself of sleep deliberately, experiment or not.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I think there is some information that is being left out of that article.

Saw a show, long time ago, can't find it on the web, about a professor that got insomnia. No one paid it much heed, they all thought it was simple insomnia. This went on for many many years. Many doctors visits, drugs, etc. Nothing could get him to sleep. Before he died, he was incapable of doing anything except staring where his head was pointing.

I don't think this would be a pleasant way to go.

The body rebuilds itself while you sleep. At least for most people. I would say her life span is considerably shorter now.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 09:45 PM
link   
No one is mentioning the obligatory X-Files reference....
Episode 4, Season 2...Sleepless. A Vietnam era experiment that created super-soldiers who couldn't sleep.....ever. Great episode. Sort of creepy.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
No one is mentioning the obligatory X-Files reference....
Episode 4, Season 2...Sleepless. A Vietnam era experiment that created super-soldiers who couldn't sleep.....ever. Great episode. Sort of creepy.

Hehe, forgot about that one. No, this was on Discovery or TLC. The porf continued to teach as long as he could. But the lack of sleep caught up with him.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   
She would be dead since a long time if she had not slept since 8 years

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   
When I moved back from Alaska, I used to have bouts where I couldn't sleep for about 4 days straight. I don't mean insomnia, I mean I simply didn't want/need sleep. I sure got a lot done around the house those times. However, on the day after that, I'd crash like a ton of bricks, and sleep for more than 12 or 14 hours or more....SOLID...

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 09:01 AM
link   
infinite is right the human body should just shut down and die after 11 days

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
What is even stranger is that modern science is not sure why we even have to sleep at all? Notice the varying amounts of sleep the average person seems to require at different stages in their life.

In the metaphysical sense sleep is understood as the connection of the body to the total astral soul or the connection of the body soul remnant to the astral or soul plane.

This is necessary for most people as a type of soul maintenance and a recharging of psychic energy. The bodily advantages are much less from sleeping yet our body creates a great deal of havic if we do not sleep.

what the # are you talking about? I've read your comments on a couple of different threads in various sections, and I can't for the life of me imagine where you keep coming up with this #. Modern science knows EXACTLY why we sleep.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Well, i know at least need to sleep so the body can rebuild, grow.... If i had to guess i would say the brain needs to sleep to dream, to catch up with the body.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
"tweekers" as I call them[meth users] stay up for weeks at a time...and they keep doing this over and over again....they get all tweeked out and stay up for a 3-20 days and then sleep a few hours and then start all over again.If you know any abusers personally you can watch them virtually decay and become irrational paranoid freaks over the coarse of a few days.Sleep is inportant...very important...The worst thing about tweekers is not simply becuase their high...but that they are so messed up from never sleeping.No sleep makes you crazy...seeing little patches of fog and seeing the "shadow people"..feeling earthquakes in your knees when your standing becuase your so weak from no sleep..terrible...i love sleeping.....like a floating cloud

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
damn!

*Yawn* i think i'll go to bed.. good night!

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
2 possibilites, either she is reptilian, or has a killer meth lab...

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
me personally, i love to sleep, the longest ive gone without sleep was 36 hours, on a flight to europe, i couldnt fall asleep on the plane so i just stayed up until the next day. even then i was delirious by the 30th hour and seemed like i was drunk.
8 hours isn't enough for me, i need 10-11, sometimes i sleep 14 for no reason (i didn't do much one saturday and slept for 14 hours anyhow). when i woke up though i felt refreshed as ever, and even my parents said i looked really good.(i look like a crack head if i dont get my sleep!)
with only 8 hours i still feel like i'm dreaming the whole day and slightly hallucinate.

I'd like to try to see how long i can stay up for.. if i can handle it. probably only be 2 days though

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
yeah seriously everyone go to bed. just smoke pot. it helps you sleep. anything that keeps you up isnt good.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I was talking with a guy at work that only get's about 40 hour's of sleep a month. his brother is the same way. He work's 2 job's to stay busy and hate's that he can't go to sleep with his wife. He has been to doctor's and they tried giving him volume's "25 mg anyone know how strong that is?" they woke him up even more. to prove this to his doctor that didn't believe him he went into the office and took 10 of those in front of the nurse who freaked out. he convinced her to wait for the doc for his appointment and about 30 minute's later the doc came in and the nurse told him what he had done. The doc hurried up to take his blood pressure because they said he took enuff to put a horse to sleep. his blood pressure was above normal from the volume's. You tell me what you think .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join