It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Technical reason for a glowy orb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I took this photo, and there is that weird glowy thing. I am not trying to claim that it is a ghost or any such thing, I am actually hoping some of you are experienced enough in looking at pics like this that you can tell me what technical issue could have caused it. I know that "glowy orbs" are often taken to be ghosts, but there has to be some non-ghost reason for these things.

Oops, forgot the photo.
i8.photobucket.com...

[edit on 3-2-2007 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Neat! Thanks for uploading it and presenting it to us.

Here's a nice little page that discsuses them
theshadowlands.net...

I allways have to question though, why would film, or a digital sensor, be magically more sensitive than the human eye, infact, film is less able to deal with extremes of light and dark than the eye.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Thank you Nygdan. That was helpful. It was a digital camera, and as you noted, it was not visible to the naked eye, I was actually photographing the little shelter in the woods because I thought it looked a little creepy.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
One last thing since you were so helpful on the other. Same digital camera, different location. There is a mist over my friend Jill in both of these photos but not over her daughter in the one of them together. Any ideas?

i8.photobucket.com...

i8.photobucket.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Nydgan, film and sensor have a wider wavelength bandwidth than the human eye.

top topics

join