It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

135 people dead in Truck Bomb/1 suicide bomber in Iraq (Biggest attack since 03)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Biggest since 2003. America loses again.

"I can't Imagine why dey don't like us der. We just spreaaading FREEEEDUM. I know cuz I heard da army recruiter tole me dat. I didn't think to look at the past. Cuz what dat matter? I keep hearing this project for the new amerkun centree"

today.reuters.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
BTW for those wondering why the Iraqi's have so many explosives. This is just more proof that the current administration is using soldiers for cannon fodder. They didn't secure the explosive sites down and everything was carted away.

See, we were too busy about protecting the oil fields and sitting in Saddam's throne and building Vatican sized military bases to outrage the people and have the audacity to say we are for the people of Iraq.

That's how this guy was able to get one ton of explosive. It's just sitting there for the taking.

We found the WMD and it's "US"

1 bomber,people.

Game over...........

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I guess friendly syrian and iranian operatives got nothing to do with fueling explosives then

In any way... Have you seen the movie V for Vendetta? It's a good example of how you can find explosives

Fertilizer... Explosives have many forms

Out of fairness, I do think Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, those chemicals that the US sold them

but still, I really tough they had those

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianGlasnost
I guess friendly syrian and iranian operatives got nothing to do with fueling explosives then

In any way... Have you seen the movie V for Vendetta? It's a good example of how you can find explosives

Out of fairness, I do think Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, those chemicals that the US sold them

but still, I really tough they had those

Right. Iraq had WMD's in 03 and Bush has more military cred than Jim Webb.

I'm telling you right now, those explosives the reason why they are so powerful is because of the left over ammunitions. And those aren't WMD's. It's just other priorities.

1.2 trillion spent on this conflict because you have a "Feeling" That's not how intelligence works,amigo. Sorry

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Congrats to the freedom fighters of Iraq who are killing the collaborators of the American occupation forces.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Yes, the explosive site left after the invasion . . . were looted and witnessed by US troops but nobody did anything to stop it.

It was various news on the subject, it was not until later on that this sites were secured and the bombs exploded by the US.

However, already many of the sites were empty.

This is from an old New York time article dated back in 2004 and posted by the Common Dreams, the original article can be found In A. L. Times Archives

pqasb.pqarchiver.com...

Soldiers Describe Looting of Explosives

WASHINGTON — In the weeks after the fall of Baghdad, Iraqi looters loaded powerful explosives into pickup trucks and drove the material away from the Al Qaqaa ammunition site, according to a group of U.S. Army reservists and National Guardsmen who said they witnessed the looting.

The soldiers said about a dozen U.S. troops guarding the sprawling facility could not prevent the theft because they were outnumbered by looters. Soldiers with one unit — the 317th Support Center based in Wiesbaden, Germany — said they sent a message to commanders in Baghdad requesting help to secure the site but received no reply.

I imagine that if the looting went on for several months in various sites of Saddam large stock piles around the country . . . we can pretty much tell why they have been so well armed.

No wonder is so many people in Iraq with weapons.

The witnesses' accounts of the looting, the first provided by U.S. soldiers, support claims that the American military failed to safeguard the munitions. Last month, the International Atomic Energy Agency — the U.N. nuclear watchdog — and the interim Iraqi government reported that about 380 tons of high-grade explosives had been taken from the Al Qaqaa facility after the fall of Baghdad on April 9, 2003. The explosives are powerful enough to detonate a nuclear weapon. www.commondreams.org...

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianGlasnost

No, nothing at all. And as for the Iranian-designed shaped charges, well the "freedom fighters" had an epiphany and learned how to design them all by themselves.

And in Iraq, you have so many good hiding places for your explosives. Like all those mosques, or in a house where the women and children live.

top topics

join