It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. can't prove Iran link to Iraq strife

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The US Government which has been making accusations that Iran has been undermining the USA in Iraq has been unable so far to prove it. The newest Defense Secretary as well as the National Security Advisor both seem unsure wether or not Iran is actually involved.

www.latimes.com
U.S. can't prove Iran link to Iraq strife
Despite pledges to show evidence, officials have repeatedly put off presenting their case.
By Maura Reynolds, Times Staff Writer
February 3, 2007

WASHINGTON — Bush administration officials acknowledged Friday that they had yet to compile evidence strong enough to back up publicly their claims that Iran is fomenting violence against U.S. troops in Iraq.

Administration officials have long complained that Iran was supplying Shiite Muslim militants with lethal explosives and other materiel used to kill U.S. military personnel. But despite several pledges to make the evidence public, the administration has twice postponed the release — most recently, a briefing by military officials scheduled for last Tuesday in Baghdad.

"The truth is, quite frankly, we thought the briefing overstated, and we sent it back to get it narrowed and focused on the facts," national security advisor Stephen J. Hadley said Friday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The past several weeks have brought many accusations against Iran as well as a raid upon a building which was being approved for consuliar status. Several Iranians were taken in the raid including a diplomat. These men were held and were being accused of supplying Iraqi insurgents with weapons and aid. How is it that we can do such things and then 2 weeks later say that we don't have conclusive evidence? This administration is seemingly using a crystal ball rather then solid intelligence.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
3rd CSG heads to Gulf !
jets to patrol Iran-Iraq border

[edit on 3-2-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I don't recall the administration claiming explicitly that Iran was interfering in Iraq; that was a military report.

Further, the fact that they are asking for a restatement of the facts belies that they are approaching this with a modicum of responsibility.

I hope that they can approach this with more deliberation. This is too dangerous and inflammatory to go on unconfirmed and "overstated" reports.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Yeah, for now. But wait until they create one. They want Iran since 1979. Now they have the opportunity, IMO, they'll do everything they can to have their war. But I hope that some congressman and the american people will stop it.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Clearly it has proven unnecessary for a charge made by the government to be true to have the desired effect. Case in point over 60% of Americans believed that Iraq was involved in 9/11 around the time of the invasion because their government indicated that they may have been. It’s called spin, shaping, crafting and some times it’s called lying because that is what it is. I actually reported this yesterday but it was reassigned to another area. Perhaps I did rant but when will this regime stop lying and face up to the death and destruction they created.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I am wondering with these statements how the UN will take the abduction of those Iranian nationals. They were raided and taken on the basis that they were supplying Iraqi insurgents. Is it a wonder people all around the globe think us to be nutcases? People used to say these things about Russia and China and now I see China inking multi-billion dollar trade deals with African nations while we spend trillions on Bull*

Pie

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The only reason that the Embassy in Iraq was raided and Iranians taken . . . to make Iran respond in order to justified a conflict.

Also this was a clear message to Maliki that he can not act as a democratically elected leader and pursue diplomatic avenues with any country of his choice unless is approve by the US and bush administration.

This happen right after Malikin voiced that he wanted to have diplomatic talks with Iran and invite them into Iraq.

We have to remember that is an agenda that has to be fulfilled and nobody will stop it from happening.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The only reason that the Embassy in Iraq was raided and Iranians taken . . . to make Iran respond in order to justified a conflict.

You are right marge that makes a lot of sense. I didn't even think about that. He did mention they were going to talk to the Iranians. Don't the Iraqi's realize with freedom comes a price!? LOL

Pie

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Exactly, the Lebanon war was also to bring Iran to make an error, it didn't work. Iran leaders are wise, they understand that the US/britain/zionists government are warmongerers and they don't bait their under-the-belt hits.

new topics

top topics

join