It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

121+ dead in iraq today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
only a non human can keep this unwinnable war going.
www.cnn.com...

I cry in my thoughts by hearing these gruesome stories on a daily basis.

what can i say to the terrorists and the bush administration

"you would be judged by god"

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I pray for each and everyone who died or has lost someone in this war regardless of the Country they fought for. I think it's time for Bush and his cronies to admit failure and eat a nice fat piece of some of that humble pie!

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
You cannot judge the success of a war by casualty numbers. If that was the case, WW2 would be considered a complete failure as the casualties involved makes Iraq look like a trip down to the corner store.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
You cannot judge the success of a war by casualty numbers. If that was the case, WW2 would be considered a complete failure as the casualties involved makes Iraq look like a trip down to the corner store.

Yes of course...Yet we know all war is not wanted by either the victors or losers. It is only inevitable in many situations and must happen in some cases. If the ends justify the means (whatever that actually means in the case of war) I suppose the battle is worthwhile. But you have to know this all of these soldiers joined the military knowing the possibility of war could happen. A coincidence you say?? I think not. Just the job they chose.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle

I agree,
But ww2 attrocities were happening prior to June 6th, and thats WHY we entered.

The attrocities didnt happen, UNTIL we entered IRAQ.
And they wouldnt of HAPPENED, if we DIDNT enter IRAQ.

that makes this a whole lot different.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by manchurian_candidate

WTF does the administration have to do with this?

When we leave, there will be even more deaths, we are providing the only stability that exists in that country. Its not bush that is going out to kill the shia, or sunnis, its THEM that are doing this, THEY are the ones that are saying 'oh, look, I am not being repressed by a tyrant, i will use my newfound freedom to......commit mass murder'.

Thats a flat out lie. Before we were in iraq, the sunni baathists were commiting atrocities.

The Sunnis would still be killing the shias and kurds anytime that they stood up for themselves.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Sorry, but i dont recall seeing 121 dead in one day becuase of a car bomb before we went in.

We caused this strife by removing the government that had control.

This is AMERICAS MESS, stop blaming the IRAQIS

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by manchurian_candidate

When we leave, there will be even more deaths, we are providing the only stability that exists in that country. Its not bush that is going out to kill the shia, or sunnis, its THEM that are doing this, THEY are the ones that are saying 'oh, look, I am not being repressed by a tyrant, i will use my newfound freedom to......commit mass murder'.

Thats a flat out lie. Before we were in iraq, the sunni baathists were commiting atrocities.

The Sunnis would still be killing the shias and kurds anytime that they stood up for themselves.

Dan, your nationalist stripes are showing. You can believe what you want. But the more we stay in occupation the worse it's going to get. You were fed a lie. And whats worse Dan is you took the lie from people screaming the loudest for war who who would never give blood from their families in the sand. That's why no one should trust this military conflict. WE are losing by the day and it has to do with the soldiers are exhausted on their 3rd and 4th tour going insane because you and others can't handle tribal cultural pandora's box.

Your president (not mine, he was never elected) opened the gates of hell and I might add there was a thousand dictators more ruthless than Saddam. And we placed him in there for a puppet regime. The atrocities he committed were influenced by his training in the C.I.A. He was a professional hit man and we backed him. Don't give me this festering crap about we didnt know. We had his DOSSIER, Dan. We wanted a ruthless dictator and a ruthless killer. For godsake Killing was his business. Didn't you realize that?

Your philosophy is a bit warped. And this "We can't pull out" reminds me alot of vietnam and how alot of the war profiteers said the same damn thing. Face it,Dan. The oilfields and the defense contracts, this is what it's about. It's hard to conceive but everyday Dan you are getting a hoe down from these people. Only to pull your pants back up and try to spout some more rhetoric with all the talking points delivered to you on a silver platter.

The evidence is on my side. And you are taking cheerleading from Draft Dodgers. and myth chasers.

I repeat:

This president opened the Gates of Hell. Compare to after we invaded before we invaded in Iraq. Agit8d is right and you are living in the same delusion that many neocon chickenhawk/basement kooks are trying to feed the world.

Kristol isn't in Iraq
Cheney isn't in Iraq
Wolfowitz aint in Iraq
Perle aint in Iraq
Bush aint in Iraq
Condi aint in Iraq
Tony Snow isn't in iraq
Feith aint in Iraq

Nobodys in Iraq who was with the megaphone for the build up in Iraq.

You got one of the world's biggest hustle played on you,Dan. And you fell for it and you are a tin wiki editor for godsake. I'd be in denial too.
There's your clue, Dan. If none of the wealthy are on the battle lines then this obviously is not a dire situation for the fate of Human Civilization. You got played bigtime. And there's no other way to put it.

I challenge you to show me the death figures before the invasion and after the invasion. The people of Baghdad are drinking sewage water for godsake. You are living in talking points that are snapping by the minute. That are all based on lies and deception.

[edit on 3-2-2007 by MRGERBIK]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Sorry, but i dont recall seeing 121 dead in one day becuase of a car bomb before we went in.

No, they were just gassed, or died in rap chambers.

The tyrannical government that had control, yes. Would you like us to fix it by being equally tyrannical?

They are the ones taking bombs and blowing them up to kill civilians.

MRGERBIK
But the more we stay in occupation the worse it's going to get.

And once we leave, its going to get REAL nasty.

Don't give me this festering crap about we didnt know.

I didn't say we didnt' know, we knew very well what he was doing, we backed a brutal and sadistic dictator, because we felt he was a 'good' counter to iran. I'm not denying that.

And this "We can't pull out"

I didn't say we can't pull out. I think we COULD make things more stable there, but I don't think we won't even if we do stay.

Your philosophy is a bit warped.

Id' say its warped to complain about iraqi militias killing fellow iraqis, and then blame it on the US, and then expect a withdrawl to make anything better. Sure, iraq was more stable when hussein was in power, there was still mass murder, but it was an orderly sort of mass murder, murder that proped up the power of the state, today the murder is anarchic. Once the US leaves, its going to get worse, until another dictator takes over and uses murder to enforce his stability.

If the violence is making people cry in their thoughts now, it'll make them cry out loud in a few years.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
This video is for all those who still live and drink the kool aid that Iraq was dangerous threat to our country.

You got hosed,NYGDan. There's no easy way to say it.

But this video says everything in 4 minutes about the History of Saddam you need to know:

www.bushflash.com...

It's Priceless

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
[edit on 3-2-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
[edit on 3-2-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Right, like Iraqis the ONLY country to do bad things to its people.
Saddam was sadistic, yes. But that NEVER bothered us until we failed to find WMD's.
But, your saying all the death and suffering we have caused by invading/occupying was WORTH it, being he isnt not killing people?

The tyrannical government that had control, yes. Would you like us to fix it by being equally tyrannical?

No, Id like poeple like you to go over there and fight. Your bloody stupidity has led to this major crisis, yet you still talk about it like its legal.
Saddam Kept the people in check, he was ruthless but he kept the secretarian bs under wraps.
WE CANT, AND WE WILL FAIL IN IRAQ.
how many more dead and wounded is it going to take to get that FACT through your head?

True, but had we not of been there. They would of been to scared to do it under saddams days.. and they wouldnt of wanted to anyways.
All the bs thats happening now, wasnt happening before we got there.
So what changed?

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

MRGERBIK
But the more we stay in occupation the worse it's going to get.

And once we leave, its going to get REAL nasty.

Don't give me this festering crap about we didnt know.

I didn't say we didnt' know, we knew very well what he was doing, we backed a brutal and sadistic dictator, because we felt he was a 'good' counter to iran. I'm not denying that.

And this "We can't pull out"

I didn't say we can't pull out. I think we COULD make things more stable there, but I don't think we won't even if we do stay.

Your philosophy is a bit warped.

Id' say its warped to complain about iraqi militias killing fellow iraqis, and then blame it on the US, and then expect a withdrawl to make anything better. Sure, iraq was more stable when hussein was in power, there was still mass murder, but it was an orderly sort of mass murder, murder that proped up the power of the state, today the murder is anarchic. Once the US leaves, its going to get worse, until another dictator takes over and uses murder to enforce his stability.

If the violence is making people cry in their thoughts now, it'll make them cry out loud in a few years.

Dan know your history about Saddam. We placed him in power knowing his background of being a assassin. You just skipped over that. Don't you get it? We wanted a ruthless dictator to terrify the people. I know you think the U.S. is benevolent. But it's not.

AND we supplied him with all the chemical weapons to gas the Kurds. You can spout anything you want. This is the TRUTH.

We supplied him with all the weapons knowing full well he was a sadistic killer. It was in his dossier

Watch the VIDEO:

www.bushflash.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

When we leave, there will be even more deaths, we are providing the only stability that exists in that country.

Since when has civil war been called "stability"?

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by john_bmth

When we leave, there will be even more deaths, we are providing the only stability that exists in that country.

Since when has civil war been called "stability"?

check and mate... nice one

\

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

And so will you!

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Instead of us being upset, how about the Iraqi's get upset and do something about this insurrgence! I think they are at the point where they are going to police their own, with the help of the United States!

On the bright side...

Hopefully some of the 121 dead were insurgents, or insurgent sympathizers!

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Sorry, but i don't recall seeing 121 dead in one day because of a car bomb before we went in.

Nygdan you still using the old Saddam was so bad to justified the death now in that nation?

Give it a rest at least is Iraqis still killing Iraqis with the help of coalition targeting Sunnis as radical and insurgents while helping the Shiites genocide against the Sunnis because the Shiites are now in the ruling role.

Yes Iraqis just traded Saddam's way of killing for now car bombs . . .

But hey . . . at least now everybody can do some killing of their own and is not limited to Saddam and his regime only.

What a life of freedom

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
leveld the playing field Marge.

I prefer to see two sides going at it equally...

then seeing one side stealing the daughters of the other side dragging them to Hussains son's rape chambers.

But I guess since it didn't make Liberal TV it is ok. Please. your arguement that all was sound under Saddam is sickening, you say its ok only because it didnt make TV and you didnt have to bother seeing it on the news in the morning to make you feel bad.

It isnt about you. Ask a Kurd how life is compared to under Saddam.. he might even tell you a story about how maybe his little girl died when Saddam dropped nerve agents on the Kurdish cities... one the most painful ways to die... they droped to their knees dieing in agonizing pain right in the middle of the streets. Do you condone that? Do you think that is better then what you see now? The Shia have some revenge, and the Kurds as well.... I think they are doing a wonderful job at showing the Sunni what it is like to live in a living hell!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join