It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS "Dark Matter" Revisited... Revised... Rethunk...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I love ATS Plasma, but I would suggest you change the user buttons to a light color aswell.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Wouldn't want to put words in SO's mouth , so

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Most people clicking through to the old home page for the first time never went any further, now, with the new layout, most people click further.

However... while the reorganization helped a lot, it appears as though a light background may help even more. Primarily in quick recognition of forum titles and important links

Don't think he's asking for overall member preferences (again), so much as opinions on the specific topic presented.

Here's the link to the recent poll results, BTW.

Dark Matter Survey

and Intrepid

I haven't read the whole thread, just letting you know my preference.

Shame on you!

At least don't admit it.

[edit on 3-2-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well . . . because I have gotten used to the dark background . . . the new light one looks to me . . . alien.
and is not as attractive.

I stay with the dark background, it gives a sense of mystery.

But that is just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
To be honest,

I like them both equaly, the one you showed on this thread and the one being used right now.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Actually, after careful deliberation (
yeah right) Plasma has started to grow on me. its not as bright as it first appeared and it looks a lot less imposing.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I love that look SO. It's so much easier for me to read. I don't need my glasses on to see that. Seems the current mode is much more eye straining for my eyes, and I would really be very happy if this mock color mode was an option for me

Two thumbs way up

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
After much consideration myself I figure that sometimes change is good.

Just so long as it doesn't happen too often.

Although I truly do like the Dark Matter scheme the way it is now, the "Light Matter", or Plasma theme seems okay, too.

At any rate I think the numbers will reveal which shall be the victor.

Good luck, SkepticOverlord. I'm sure that whatever is decided will be well thought through and be for the best.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Leave it the way it is.

I like it for the most part and nothing is going to please everyone on every level.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Personally, I like the dark matter theme. The version you're working on is a little easier to read, but doesn't have the visual impact. I vote for dark matter! Ultimately though, it's the quality of the posts that's the most important thing.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Is it possible to give users an option of both?

If not, I'd rather stay with Dark Matter. My eyes are used to being able to relax with the dark background. I was relieved to see that ATS Plasma was not bright green though. I would be okay with either really.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Didn't we already have a poll on dark matter? Were the results ever published? I don't remember seeing them.

I believe there was one on the members overall thoughts on the Dark Matter transition. But a new poll where members had to choose from Plasma or Dark Matter, it could give the Administrators an idea to what the members feel.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Well, I must admit, clicking on that ATS Plasma link was quite refreshing. I loved it, and it took immediate strain off my eyes. Seems to be just as I mentioned in the other thread after researching it a bit: the older people will likely take to Plasma. Don't listen to Grady, he's always the exception to everything.
(Just jabbing at ya Grady)

Suggestion SO: ask Val.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I think Dark Matter is the best thing for ATS it gives it a conspirasy feeling. Dark Matter all the way don't change a thing. There will always be unhappy people. If it goes plasma I will be one of them but I will still be a member and so will the people how don't like Dark Matter.

DARK
DARK
DARK

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
nothing is going to please everyone on every level.

Wouldn't a choice between Dark and Plasma pretty much please everyone? People either like Dark or Plasma and they each can have what they like.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by enjoies05
Wouldn't a choice between Dark and Plasma pretty much please everyone? People either like Dark or Plasma and they each can have what they like.

I think that would be nice, but SO said already that he's pretty much against having two radically different versions.

It would make the site twice as difficult to maintain.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
OMG!!! They read my post and the pages are now centered at any resolution....

Well, maybe because of my post, but either way, it looks a lot better , more "balanced".

Thanks Admin

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't think anyone wants to make their jobs any harder. Me and probably alot of other members don't know how hard it actually is to do all the changes.

Great job no matter what

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Only my two cents,..

Dark Matter does look good, but imo, unless the site target is for those that like 'dark and mysterious' styled sites, I am afraid that it doesnt have the look and feel of the ATS target market.

If I were looking for a site of "dark mysterious conspiracies", the current look would fit.

But imo if I were to land on a site that was to cater to intelligent discussion of modern conspiracy and was expecting what "I" feel ATS is all about atm, the link you provided with the mock-up home page would be more "accepting" to me.

In short,... what is the target market. And do you appeal to them.

Just some comments from my opinion.

-smirks-

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The colors of the folders are more effective with the DARK layout as opposed to the LIGHT.

The DARK layout also makes the website feel "deeper". It gives the impression of a vast amount of information to sift through. The LIGHT layout makes the website feel too out in the open.

The DARK layout distinguishes Above Top Secret's brand from other "blogs" or discussion forums. The look and feel are VERY important in the user's experience.

Don't change it just so a few people's eyes "feel" better. That would be a shame.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The mock up looks good, but I prefer the current dark scheme.

I think it would make for a good "light setting" of the homepage (possibly even the "default" for new visitors as well) but I'd hate for it to permanently over-ride the "dark setting" look.

I LOVE the newly centered look!

Looks much better on my 1680x1050 resolution notebook.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join