It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS "Dark Matter" Revisited... Revised... Rethunk...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
For me, it depends on what monitor I am using. At work, I the dark really, really, bugs me. At home, the dark isn't that bad. I use light, just to keep continuity between work and home.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I have to say the Plasma theme is best for me, I have eye disk damage and suffered a mini stroke and I could stay on alot longer with this 'plasma' theme. Whatever is decided, good job!

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I believe it depends on the ambient light. Right now I love it. Although in the morning there is too much glare and I prefer something with a little more contrast.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Good idea. But I love the dark theme as well.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I like the current colors much better than the new design. I have no problem reading the light on dark. In fact, the dark background is easier on the eyes -it's more soothing and less straining with the brownish background.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
It appears SkepticOverlord is going to implement both versions, with an option to decide and a random a/b split for new users to see which one retains more people. Seems like the best of both worlds. I imagine eventually the version that seems most appealing to new users will be the default for all new users.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I like it. Just so long as I get to keep my dark background. I've grown used to it.

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
GREAT that your giving people a choice SO...............

Personally I will stick with the DARK MATTER format and layout...much easier on my eyes and I just plain LIKE it..........

Mind you I am a 40-something year old and do not find the dark layout to snazzy, youthfull or 'gamer'....I think its brilliantly done and I wish all the sites I visitonline would do the same

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Dark and plasma look as good as each other. the layout and use of those snazzy looking icons and pretty use of reflection on everything makes it look turn of the century

i say turn Plasma into "Light", or just plasma and have people choose, though that will take up a load of resources, but i think some people prefer one or the other so unless it takes up too much bandwidth then i say have both.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
i think its fine the way it is. you guys did a really good job.

keep up the good work!

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
i love it! its easy on my eyes, and makes the text stand out better for reading with no strain, like some stupid sites that i know of,(none mentioned)
good work!

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I like the "plasma" version better.... very easy on the eyes...

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
With a propensity to the resistance front against change, I have to admit it.

Confession: I'm getting used to Dark Matter, I use the setting all the time now.

Rewiring of elder peoples brains may take a couple of days, where younger people can do it in hours or minuttes.

Well, it took about 1½ day for me, and after that point of succesful rewiring I tends to find Light kind of static.

That said, I gotta say with TrueAmerican, it's "quite pleasant" for the eyes to go from DM to the Plasma homepage, much more appealing than the present dark one. Whenever you click back to it, it is refreshing.

I just wonder what the thread pages will look like in the new plasma design?

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I instantly knew that the plasma was best for me. I really struggled to adapt to the dark matter and still don't care for it.

Now if you could do something to fix that flood control thing in the message center we'd be all set.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I, too, greatly appreciate the lighter,"plasma" style. I can find things
easier and quicker, and my eyes don't hurt. It "feels" more comfortable.
Sometimes with this darker background, I get the feeling I'm missing
some things. Maybe I am.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
I also like the way you've aligned the content to centre in the window.

Good to see that you've now done this to DM. I know that larger screens are for more windows, that's generally how I work, but there's still just something neater about it. Nice one.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
i love it - cannot wait to have it as an option!

*much* easier on my eyes.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Well, firstly,I have no problem at all reading threads here in the new format.. I don't understand what some seem to be complaining about. Secondly, this is a Conspiracy site. It's supposed to have a dark, forboding background to it... It isn't supposed to have a bright,hopeful "feel" to it...I think you all did a wonderful job on the site and you shouldn't alter or change anything about it.

PS: I think the "light" theme works a bit better than the real "dark" theme does...

[edit on 5-2-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I like the light-on-dark better. As for readability, the only problem I've had is that I have my monitor's resolution set at 1600x1200, and the size this makes the light-on-dark text has been a problem, in that the letters almost of bleed away into the background. This might only be an issue for me.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlaznRob
I like the light-on-dark better. As for readability, the only problem I've had is that I have my monitor's resolution set at 1600x1200, and the size this makes the light-on-dark text has been a problem, in that the letters almost of bleed away into the background. This might only be an issue for me.

That's HUGE!
I'm actually jealous, haha.

Is this site set up for 1024x768 or 1280x1024? I'm at 1280x1024...and it looks fine to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join