It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peace and Harmony

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Are we as inteligent lifeforms ever going to live in peace and harmony, will we ever move to the next level. Will the few still conspire to make war and profit are we doomed to destruction at our own hands.

Would it be right to remove nationality, beliefs, traditions etc. that's what we seem to fight over the most. If will gave all what was needed, to remove famine and want, to spend the money we use to kill each other for good and for all, would that not make for a better world.

Will we ever be outside of economic control or will we continue to kill for oil and other resources just so we can live fat while many want for the basic needs just to survive each day.

Can our imaginations even stretch to a world of peace and harmony.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
..... to spend the money we use to kill each other for good and for all, would that not make for a better world.

Will we ever be outside of economic control or will we continue to kill for oil and other resources just so we can live fat while many want for the basic needs just to survive each day.

Can our imaginations even stretch to a world of peace and harmony.

I think you are near the truth.

Individual's perceived need for power and control coupled with money do seem to cause a great deal of harm.

Perhaps if there was some way to harm money we might be able to live in harmony.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Recommend move to faith/spirituality forum.

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Perhaps if there was some way to harm money we might be able to live in harmony.

We can harm money's control over us. A contemporary solution would be to regulate capitalism out of it's viral, dominating form. A spiritual solution would be preferred, akin to kids growing up and becoming self aware of their choices. Most people won't see the error of their ways while it satisfies them. Unfortunately the universal consensus is that without capitalism it is not possible to be satisfied. This is an absolute fallacy.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Yeah, I just don't think Peace & Harmony is in the cards for us. Too much war, too much famine, too many rich and influential people don't care enough about it to do something to fix it. The ONLY way I can see the global community not warring against itself is if we were unified, AND if our population was cut down and made more manageable. We'll never achieve peace and harmony as long as our civilization becomes more and more populated, because we're too busy trying to play catch up as it is.

I think we'll eventually destroy ourselves. There will be some left, and hopefully it will be the brightest and the best. The only way you can have peace and harmony is if you start out with it, and we haven't done that.

new topics

top topics

join