It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Switzerland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
What an interesting country.
Swiss bank accounts? Thats the tip of the iceburg.

Things I didnt know about switzerland:

Switzerland can mobilize their entire population for war in 12 hours.

Members of the armed forces keep their rifles and uniforms in their homes, along with 50 rounds of 5.6 mm ammo in a sealed tin, and everybody has to serve in the armed forces.

Building codes require blast/fallout shelters, and families without such a shelter in their house are required to pay a small tax for the support of public shelters. Every Swiss citizen has a bed in a shelter somewhere.

Numerous hospitals and command centers connected by hundred of miles of tunnels have been constructed in the alps, unbeknownest to most of the locals.

Tank traps have been built into the roads, and key infrastructure has been pre wired with demolition charges.

Some rustic looking barns are actually concrete shelters for massive gun turrets.

Then we have the Swiss army knife...

Oh yeah, a wikilink... en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 3-2-2007 by 11Bravo]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
you know i find it interesting that every swiss national has to be willing to serve in the military

when is the last time that the swiss were involved in a war though

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It is also home to the Hadron Accelerator

Hadron particle accelerater

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
In 1970 Swiss women were given the vote! I'm sure theres alot of nice people in Switzerland and also lots and lots and lots of exploitation and profiteering from the UN oil for food scandal to Nazi gold. I advocate the bombing of Switzerland instead of Iran, we can make alot more money ransacking that country.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The line that stood out for me was "Men who want to apply for service in the Swiss Guard need to have completed their basic military service in Switzerland, and are also required to be Catholic."

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
hi folks,

you may be interested in these photos of bunkers in switzerland,
they are mainly in the mountain areas, but there are a few in the lowland area. most of them (about 70% ) have now been de-commisioned and a few have even been imploded and filled in, BUT there are a few still in use,

if you are intending on visiting the area to check out any of these do so carefully as they are now in a bit of a state.

photos.yahoo.com...

look in folder marked `swiss bunkers`

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   
In the late 80's and early 90's Switzerland had the highest AIDS transmission rates in modern Europe, due to their idea of a free and open drug market (needle park) in the central city of Zurich. They also created a huge number of heroin addicts. Crime went up, along with other transmissible disease rates. Needle Park While their children were being turned into drug zombies, the CEO's of Swiss banks were raking in the profits.

The Swiss claim to be neutral but in truth they are merely opportunistic capitalists. They profited from both sides during the wars in Europe and to this day continue to profit from the suffering of others. Everyone from Drug lords, to Dictators can hide their stolen or illegally obtained money in a Swiss bank account. The Swiss government knows full well they are enabling criminals, and they continue to do so because it is very profitable. Switzerland does not produce enough to support their lifestyle. They rely on the profits of suffering to fund their country. Take away the morally bankrupt money and the Swiss economy would collapse.

It is a beautiful place and well worth a visit. I lived in Zurich for a time and thoroughly enjoyed the country. Great skiing, good food, park like scenery, and Cuckoo Clocks galore. Just don't be fooled into thinking they are a peaceful neutral country. They are out for profit no matter what the cost in human suffering.

[edit on 4-2-2007 by Terapin]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
It is also home to the Hadron Accelerator

Hadron particle accelerater

WoW

But didn't we have one of those in the US? In Texas I think.
Seems like I remember it was mostly completed but then funding was supposedly cut.

Seems like the Swiss are faily technical.
I read in that wikilink that they bought some jet fighters from us and then re-worked them to make them more deadly, then sold us some software upgrades
for our own planes.

And lets not forget the Swatch, a little device that almost took over the world in the 80s.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by snoopyuk
hi folks,

you may be interested in these photos of bunkers in switzerland.

photos.yahoo.com...

look in folder marked `swiss bunkers'

Awesome pictures man, thanks!

Most of those bunkers are so well camoflauged it was hard to identify them. Amazing!
That is my ultimate dream, to have a bunker that looks like an old building or outcropping of rock. All I need to do is hit the lottery.

Why do you say most of them arent used?
I was watching a travel show yesterday and the guy got to go down into one of the gun turrets, and his guide told him that the bunkers were constantly maintained.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo

Originally posted by snoopyuk
hi folks,

you may be interested in these photos of bunkers in switzerland.

photos.yahoo.com...

look in folder marked `swiss bunkers'

Awesome pictures man, thanks!

Most of those bunkers are so well camoflauged it was hard to identify them. Amazing!
That is my ultimate dream, to have a bunker that looks like an old building or outcropping of rock. All I need to do is hit the lottery.

Why do you say most of them arent used?
I was watching a travel show yesterday and the guy got to go down into one of the gun turrets, and his guide told him that the bunkers were constantly maintained.

well the ones that they still have are maintained, but as i said they have closed down a lot as they were in a bad state of repair some 2 or 3 were sold off but most were destroyed.

snoopyuk

top topics

join