It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

near death experiences

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I've heard of people having near death experiences and seeing heaven and the like, but has anybody ever heard of any stories of some of these people seeing glimpses of hell?

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Yeah, seeing glimpses of hell is quite common. My mother is a nurse and she's heard a story of an old man who saw hell, came back, and started going to church again.

Strangly enough, the entire tunnel with a bright light thing is often seen by fighter pilots when they experience enough G-Forces in training.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Do you think that has anything to do with the alternate dimensions you were talking about earlier?

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I didn't see anything.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I remember there was a topic about this a couple of months ago, if you are really interested in this stuff, use the search function.

ps I have had a near death experience,but I was so drunk that I couldn't remember what I saw

[Edited on 17-12-2003 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by joshter
but has anybody ever heard of any stories of some of these people seeing glimpses of hell?

Hi Joshter!!

I have read these type of accounts in Fortean Times before. Google gave a few hits with "near death experiences hell", such as

www.near-death.com...

Happy surfing!

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Yep i have heard of this!!

My grandmother had a life threatning operation
in which she died for 2 mins...

Within that time she has an accout of a NDE,

she seen the whole light thing, but suddenly went in to darkness and she felt fear...
all she could hear was "i coming to get you"
as the voices got louder she was suddenly brough back in to light, and had a vision of her mother, saying "its not your time"

She swears this dark place she went to was hell.

she has always been a good person but has had many strange things happen to her....and has escaped many
thing where she would of died.....

she has also suffered many illness and docs still to this day cant understand why she is alive...
she has survived plane crashes, nearly got murderd but the knife missed her back,
she has been knocked out by a polterguiest....
knocked over by the past king of Englands horse.
ect,,,the list goes on and on

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I have been close to death 3 times but have never passed out etc and therefore have had no "near death experience" despite being near death.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Here is a percentage of what was seen in 50 NDE's

69% experienced overwhelming love
65% experienced mental telepathy
62% experienced a life review
56% experienced a tremendous ecstasy
56% saw God
46% were given unlimited knowledge
46% experienced different afterlife levels
46% were told it was not their time to die
44% were shown some aspect of the future
42% went through a tunnel
37% met Jesus Christ
31% received and remembered forgotten knowledge
27% experienced fear
21% described it as a "homecoming"
21% were told of their past lives
19% experienced some form of hell
17% saw a "City of light"
13% saw a "Temple of Knowledge"
10% saw spirits dwelling among living people
6% resulted from a suicide attempt
0% saw the Devil

www.near-death.com...

There are also NDE's in which they saw religious figures such as the Buddha, Muhammad, Krishna etc...

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by joshter
Do you think that has anything to do with the alternate dimensions you were talking about earlier?

Well, if I dare...

Our vicor (if that's how you spell it) told us about where he believe heaven and hell wou;d be and it was another dimension, according to him. Now, I'm not saying my reliios tutor was right since no one knows but if he was then other dimensions we should not be able to get into just by our own technology. We would have to go through death itself. Unless there's ANOTHER WAY

I find it very interesting that 0% of the NDE people saw the devil. You can see God but not Satan....weird.

As I said before, the white tunnel with light is also seen in G-Force tests by air force pilots. Or so my boyfriend has told me to whane my faith...could be wrong.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
From a severe allergic reaction, but not dead. They were making arrangements however.

But I was talking, babbling really, about being chased. I was alone, adrift in the ocean on a row boat...being chased, herded toward something I didn't want to go to.

I rowed myself back. Water imagery. No hell or heaven.

(After that I could also fly in dreams, air was like water).

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I have read accounts of people experiencing NDE's and experiencing hell or purgatory if they are the same thing at all?

I have seen a demon but it was not in a NDE and several of my family members have seen them too. They exist in my mind.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Regarding the different dimensions. modern theoretical physics teaches us that there are up to 11 different dimensions (theoretically). These dimensions are all intertwined and seperated by things called branes. The possibility exists due to a phenomenon called gravity leaks for there to be some type of interdimensional contact. Most religions speak of heaven or hell, or nirvana, or whatever your words for it being places of the mind, or a different dimension, not geographical. To me and my team (we do paranormal research) this approach makes the most sense.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I had a NDE a few years back when my heart stopped....all i rmember was it was like a ghost town....pardon the pun!...but it was all orange...or gold, there was no one else around but i didn't feel "alone". I never saw any signs of some omnipetent being or creator.....it was a "nice" feeling, like what you get when you have that perfect coffee.the second time my heart stopped it was not so pleasent....i was having a blood test and slumped forward....you can work out the rest!

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FunkTSkunk

I find it very interesting that 0% of the NDE people saw the devil. You can see God but not Satan....weird.

That says a lot about Satan's existance. And it supports the idea that he doesn't exist. And the people who saw God reported as seeing it as the densest concentration of God. The core of God if you will. Mostly in the form of a very bright and enormous light in which old souls (souls that have experienced practically everything) are absorbed and/or recycled.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Ok I have had 3 NDE one when I was a young child in 6th grade, at that time all I did was rise above the childern carry ing me into the nurse office, sitting on a tree with my grandmother who had already passed away some years back. She told me I had something special to do. I was able to watch every from the trip in the ambulance to the doctor sewing up my head while others worked on pump my heart and breathing for me.

The other times were as an adult. Once been told it was still not my time to go and was sent back and other time was you have not completed what you were sent to do.

Since the first time when I was in the 6th grade I have gotten messages from those who have died.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Since the first time when I was in the 6th grade I have gotten messages from those who have died.

Wow, messages?
-intrigued-

What kind of messages? Whatg did they say?

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
NDE's do have a subjective element to them that sceptics are quick to point out makes the phenomona purely a mind based one but this doesn't take into account evidence like the experiencer seeing things in an out of body state or gaining knowledge of things they should be unable to, plus the after effects of the NDE such as losing fear of death, pronounced spiritual awakenings, psychic abilities and healing power can be so powerful and profound it is hard to believe these are the results of a hallucination.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I died 4 times--the same evening--cpr and defib were used.

There was complete darkness--no light--no voices--NOTHING.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I want the constantly used term in NDEs of "overwhelming love" defined.

What the heck is overwhelming love? Horniness? Some kind of wellness feeling? I honestly cannot say I have ever felt anything like an emotion that I could single-out as "love" for anything. I may care for some things, but honestly, this overhwelming love category, I don't get it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join