It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXXON Posts Record Breaking Profits Of Nearly $40 Billion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose
Its our own fault to a degree, but i would like to see more government intervention in making more sources of energy available. tax the crap out of fossil fuel producers,

Fossil fuel producers would just raise the price of gas accordingly and pass this "extra" tax they would have to pay on to the consumer.

They would make sure it doesn't affect their profits.

[edit on 4/2/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I truly believe that with that much profit that they could singlehandedly develope hydrogen or some other form of energy technology.

I have a funny feeling though, that they've already done this. They're just waiting for oil to run or get close to running out before introducing them. Why on earth would they cut into their own business themselves? Companies like that are well managed with long term strategic goals. And their strategy to implementation operations are some of the smoothest in the business world. They've definately got the technology... its just waiting. Or so I think.

[edit on 4-2-2007 by Galvatron]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole

Its our own fault to a degree, but i would like to see more government intervention in making more sources of energy available. tax the crap out of fossil fuel producers,

Fossil fuel producers would just raise the price of gas accordingly and pass this "extra" tax they would have to pay on to the consumer.

that is definatly probable, if nobody was paying attention. what is the point of government, if it is to only allow those with the most cunning, the most success.

If the american government was any government at all, they would use some of the trillions they borrow off of their central bank to purchase these big refinery companies and regulate the rates to the citizens.

government always intervene when you cant pay you bills, but they sure no how to stay clear when nobody can afford to pay them.

If political campaigning was strickly kept to only public funds, not private contrabutions, then something could actually be done about it.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

that is definatly probable, if nobody was paying attention. what is the point of government, if it is to only allow those with the most cunning, the most success.

If the american government was any government at all, they would use some of the trillions they borrow off of their central bank to purchase these big refinery companies and regulate the rates to the citizens.

government always intervene when you cant pay you bills, but they sure no how to stay clear when nobody can afford to pay them.

If political campaigning was strickly kept to only public funds, not private contrabutions, then something could actually be done about it.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Most people have become such a trip lately. "I am a capitalist and I think that every company that can get away with screwing us is alright in my book"

Are you kidding?

Since when is this what America is all about? I live in Michigan and have seen our jobs go over seas, I have seen a poor 83 year old man burn to death trying to save a modest home with a bucket of water.

We re not a bunch of greedy pigs at the trough, we are free people trying to make a better way for HUMANITY, not big corporations.

Most of you are to brainwashed to see it. If we were not sold up the river during the 80's this nation would be a better place. Other capitalist countries dont do this crap to there people, they put a leash on the corporations so they dont just greedily feed at the trough at the expence of the people that put them there.

Its what the American governement is for. It is why we started this great experiment called America. Not so the elite can build themselves on our backs then turn around and shaft us while our elderly eat dog food and put out fires with a bucket so they dont lose what little they have left.

Those kind of profits while your grandparents cant afford to heat there homes? Does anyone really use there heads anymore?

[edit on 4-2-2007 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
I LOVE Capitalism.....

WAY TO GO EXXON!!!!

Semper

So you love capitalism huh? So much you captialized it.

It's obvious you also worship capitalism which is not a good spiritual place to be in but I think that's not a concern for you.

I'm not anti-capitalism but I HATE -corrupt and unchecked- capitalism.
I also do not love or worship capitalism.. to me it's a necessary evil, one that works best to keep balance in our current state of the world.

Go ahead, love and worship your "capitalism". One of these days your going to have it in a way that you will NOT want.

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I am so happy ! I will take the extra dividends from my Exxon/Mobile stock and donate some of it to the Republican Victory Fund, some of it will go to buy a new SUV and the rest will be spent on anice fur coat for my Wife.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR
I am so happy ! I will take the extra dividends from my Exxon/Mobile stock and donate some of it to the Republican Victory Fund, some of it will go to buy a new SUV and the rest will be spent on anice fur coat for my Wife.

when the roof falls down like it's done a few times in your life, you better hope its not your door my foot finds when im out gathering food for my family. Ill be looking for neighborhoods just like yours, filled with people just like you with weak bodys, thin skin, and no courage.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

18 years on, Exxon Valdez oil still pours into Alaskan waters

Crude oil is still polluting Alaskan waters almost 18 years after the tanker Exxon Valdez ran aground, according to a study by US government scientists to be published in two weeks.

The study, an advance of which was released on Wednesday, found more than 26,600 gallons of oil remaining at Prince William Sound. Researchers say it is declining at a rate of only 4% a year and even slower in the Gulf of Alaska.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Maybe they should spend some of that profit cleaning up their own damn messes.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR

when the roof falls down like it's done a few times in your life, you better hope its not your door my foot finds when im out gathering food for my family. Ill be looking for neighborhoods just like yours, filled with people just like you with weak bodys, thin skin, and no courage.

Me too brother. Me too...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join