It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXXON Posts Record Breaking Profits Of Nearly $40 Billion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
EXXON corporation set a new US record for profits this year. This is a US record, and probably a world record, at that.

www.newsmax.com
IRVING, Texas –- Exxon Mobil Corp. posted the largest annual profit today in U.S. history — $39.5 billion — even as earnings for the last quarter of the year declined four percent.
The company cited lower natural gas realizations and refining margins which were partly offset by higher crude realizations and improved chemical margins as the reason for the decline in net income, said MarketWatch.

Exxon Mobil's annual profit was up from its previous record of $36.1 billion it set in 2005.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am a conservative and a believer in capitalism. But I also think that EXXON could plow some of those profits back into R&D to find cheaper sources of energy for all of us. Do they have a social conscience?

[edit on 3-2-2007 by jsobecky]

[edit on 3-2-2007 by jsobecky]

[edit on 3-2-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
If your a XOM stockholder, those profits will offset what your paying at the pump.

I see little reason why Exxonmobile would put more capital into research and development, if their current business model is working well. If mammon is god in the global corporatocracy, then why would they change?

Come to Papa...

Flashback:
ATSNN: Exxon, $8.4 Billion First Quarter Profit by SkepticOverlord
ATS: Record Oil Profits Again - this is getting insane

[edit on 3-2-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Poor company. What kind of future do you think that 4% drop in sales spells for the beleagured company?

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I would love to see that fat toad toaste and suffer in the searing heat of the desert.
40,000,000,000 profit?

what sort of greedy person can still call himself a human, when suffering/poverty is going on? and he still raises prices?

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I think they need 1 billion to feed this disgusting fat body posted above. Maybe this 12 sandwich eating triple chinned pile of blubber could ease up and yes divert some profit back to those who feed him so well.

brill

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I don't really have a problem with the money ExxonMobil is making. It's really not that excessive when you look at the size of the company and the money they've invested in capital. Microsoft makes a much, much higher profit margin.

Someday oil will run out, and if Exxon doesn't invest in new technology, someone else will and eventually take over its market.

Just let the free market work, don't "take" their profits, like Hillary wants to do. That will just end up killing our own domestic company and then we'll be totally dependent on a foreign oil supply.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I LOVE Capitalism.....

WAY TO GO EXXON!!!!

Semper

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I don't want to "take" anybody's profits. They made the investment, they are very much entitled to take the payoff.

But once they have us by the balls, shouldn't they stop squeezing?

I know, that's probably the stupidest question ever asked on ATS.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Well, when it comes down to it, it's all a matter of the fact that they didn't have to jack the price of gas up as much as they did. They artificially raised it to make themselves a profit, when at the time, they were telling us it was because the prices/barrel were so high. There's no reason to make something so necessary for so many so expensive. They only did it because they wanted the extra pocket change.

In an interesting side note, I want to point out that the Chairman and CEO of Exxon Mobile, Lee Raymond, is a Council on Foreign Relations member; joined in 1992. Now, for some, this should come as no surprise. But for others, it's a wakeup call; that someone with so much wealth is literally in with an elite class of people.

Semper, you know about this from another thread that we're in, so I'm sure you see where I'm going with this now. Everyone, please be advised, this profit by Exxon was planned from the start. They knew all along that they were going to jack prices to take more of our money, just so they could go have a nice lunch.

Just thought that I'd throw that out there. Hope it enlightens...

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Yeah, I was upset that Exxon made $39 billion last year. But I was dumb enough to help contribute to Exxon's profit. Silly me.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   
According to this article, Exxon made $1 billion dollars a day in 2005.

Surging Oil Prices Pushed Exxon Mobil to No. 1, Displacing Wal-Mart

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) - Exxon Mobil hauled in nearly $1 billion a day in sales last year, making it the biggest company in the United States and knocking Wal-Mart from the No. 1 spot for the first time in four years, according to the latest FORTUNE 500,

The oil company's revenue and profit were the biggest ever for a U.S. company, while Corporate America overall racked up a staggering $9.1 trillion in sales and $610 billion in profits -- both records.

But even while Exxon (Research)'s sales jumped to $340 billion and its earnings surged 42.6 percent, the oil company's stock posted a one-year return of 11.7 percent, which wasn't very high on FORTUNE's list of best-performing investments.

Soaring oil prices were a big part of the reason for Exxon's revenue gains. Crude prices broke the $70-a-barrel level after Hurricane Katrina slammed into the Gulf Coast, while oil demand climbed worldwide.

The only real thing I wonder about is, if the oil "suppliers" raise their prices per barrel, do companies like Exxon charge you and me a higher profit (O&P, Overhead and Profit)at the pumps just because the cost of a barrel of oil goes up?

This is a quote from above.

Soaring oil prices were a big part of the reason for Exxon's revenue gains.

If the cost of a barrel of oil goes up, do they increase their profit margin accordingly?

And if they do raise their O&P accordingly, I guess they wouldn't care or try to fight their suppliers when the cost of a barrel of oil goes up. Why would you? You would only be hurting your profit margin?

If companies like Exxon were only allowed to make a certain amount of profit per gallon of gas (i.e., 20 cents per gallon), and not be allowed to add O&P according to the fluctuating prices per barrel of oil (if that's how it works), wouldn't that also give them a vested interst in helping keep their suppliers price per barrel of oil down to be more competive with their competition to attract the most consumers due to lower prices per gallon?

[edit on 4/2/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
its a little alarming the amounnt they brought in. how did they not forsee this kind of profit when they set the prices? was there a spike in fuel purchases?

Its our own fault to a degree, but i would like to see more government intervention in making more sources of energy available. tax the crap out of fossil fuel producers, and give the money directly to who ever figures they know how to make it clean and cheap.

Free energy? sorry, dosn't fit into todays economy, everythings got to be worth something or else your on a farm growing your own food collecting your own energy.

if only hot chicks were down for that, i swear i would do it.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
If your a XOM stockholder, those profits will offset what your paying at the pump.

Yes, I think I will use the profits from my 55 shares to flee to Acapulco and avoid the masses and the weather...

The board of directors of Exxon Mobil Corp. today declared a cash dividend of 32 cents per share on the Common Stock, payable on March 9 to shareholders of record of Common Stock at the close of business on Feb. 9, 2007.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
$21.45 out of 40 billion huh? well u can almost afford to take your sig other to a movie...just no popcorn and soda huh?

MY only problem with this is, doenst this qualify as wartime profiteering?

im all for capitalism, personally i really am. im working on something that could put me into the class of the obnoxiously wealthy, though it likely wont. but i do have the chance if things work out well. so yeah, im all for it...

but...

why is it that other things that are necessary for survival are public utilities?

electricity?
water?

im actually curious cuz im ignorant on this issue.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Damocles...

Though it is no secret I am a Capitalist, THAT is a GREAT question...

We all know that the price of Electricity is controlled, but the coal used to produce it is not.... That I know of....

Neither is gasoline..

Interesting

Semper

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles
$21.45 out of 40 billion huh? well u can almost afford to take your sig other to a movie...just no popcorn and soda huh?

MY only problem with this is, doenst this qualify as wartime profiteering?

im all for capitalism, personally i really am. im working on something that could put me into the class of the obnoxiously wealthy, though it likely wont. but i do have the chance if things work out well. so yeah, im all for it...

So am I (all for capitalism), and I wish you success.

But, stand back for a moment, and consider Earth Re-design, Phase I.

Would Exxon/Mobil profits be part of the picture? Not in my re-design....

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
LOL um no, as a matter of fact, my project kind of goes against companies like exxon, and they likely wont be a huge fan of mine should i actually pull this off.

i may be for profits (mine of course) but a former boss told me once that money was the by product of success, not the measure of said. my plans are ultimatly to do some good for the planet, and if i make a buck off it, more the better i say. and if i do make a boatload of money, there are good things i plan to do with it cuz there comes a point where it just turns into numbers...how much in my life could i reasonably spend? if i can do things for others i shall.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

I am a conservative and a believer in capitalism. But I also think that EXXON could plow some of those profits back into R&D to find cheaper sources of energy for all of us.

Do you see the paradox there? I have never met a conservative or capitalist who was concerned about cheaper energy source over profits! Are you ready to switch parties now?
All jokes aside, This news is sickening and is IMHO just a another warning sign of complete big buisness takeover! He who has the $$$$ makes the rules, right? This generation needs to stand up and voice our concern! Unless of course the conservative right wing zionist threaten us with a fun little vacation visit to a FEMA camp! It may be too late, what can we really do about gas prices? The only thing really is to get everyone to boycott oil! Good luck

Until then, keep ur eyes peeled and ears open!

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

I see little reason why Exxonmobile would put more capital into research and development, if their current business model is working well. If mammon is god in the global corporatocracy, then why would they change?

Come to Papa...

Flashback:
ATSNN: Exxon, $8.4 Billion First Quarter Profit by SkepticOverlord
ATS: Record Oil Profits Again - this is getting insane

[edit on 3-2-2007 by Regenmacher]

That is by far the biggest double chin I have ever seen!!!!!

Anyways.. I hate oil companies. And electric companies.. but thats a personal issue.. but think of it like this.... 40 billion dollars? that means uncle Sam gets 20 billion of that correct? excess profit tax is 50% of the profits. Least it was last time I looked.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Do they have a social conscience?

No, they have Mutual Funds and Stockholders.

btw, the one with the most effective gun makes the rules.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join