It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNC Winter Meeting - Opening Prayer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The Democratic National Convention Winter Meeting in Michigan opened with a prayer by Iman Husham Al-Husainy. Some say the opening prayer was wonderful and ecumenical. Others say it was totally out of place and that there were underlying meanings to the terms used. I have provided a link to the prayer because I’m not sure if I can post someone else’s ‘work’. You can be the judge.

The prayer – www.jihadwatch.org...

Husham Al-Husainy –
www.debbieschlussel.com...
*note - some rather non-nice comments are posted below the information on Al-Husainy.

Don't forget that this fella has met with Wolfowitz and, I believe, President Bush. (I could be wrong). He has been to the pentagon and was embraced by Washington.

[edit on 2/3/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Dude... you really could have picked a less partisan source than Jihad watch. Other than that I thought the prayer was much better than what you hear at RNC committee meetings, atleast in this one, the religous figure was compassionate, truthful, and wanted to work together, unlike MOST christian/catholic/jewish preachers/pastors/rabbis prayers. Which generally consist of God is great Jesus is great the US is great lets go bomb something.

I have no problem with Muslims, Christians, or Jews as long as they all recognize thier place, and that is not in government. Extremism is tearing our world apart and i hold the religous leaders of all three major monothestic religons responsible because they have not taken control of thier respective congregations, and in many cases have intentionally incited them against one another.

This particular Imam was not too bad, he seemed relatively rational, for a religous leader, and he seemed like he was genuine, again for a religous man, in his calls for unity and an end to war.

oohh and if you dont want to read about some radical anti muslim guys intrep of the prayer here it is, i promise i havent edited it

In the name of God the most merciful, the most compasionate. We thank you, God, to bless us among your creations. We thank you, God, to make us as a great nation. We thank you God, to send us your messages through our father Abraham and Moses and Jesus and Mohammed. Through you, God, we unite. So guide us to the right path. The path of the people you bless, not the path of the people you doom. Help us God to liberate and fill this earth with justice and peace and love and equality. And help us to stop the war and violence, and oppression and occupation. Ameen.

[edit on 3-2-2007 by Elsenorpompom]

[edit on 3-2-2007 by Elsenorpompom]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elsenorpompom
Dude... you really could have picked a less partisan source than Jihad watch.

I'm a dudette.

I used Jihad Watch because I couldn't find it elsewhere. And I think I did okay with being non-sided in how I said everything. I tried to anyways.

I wasn't sure if I could post the prayer because of the rules here.
It looked okay to me. But some people are having a problem with
both the prayer, and the person who delivered it.

I just started a thread for a discussion of it. I don't think one way or
the other on this.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The fact that there's a prayer to kick off a political meeting at all is what blows me away. I don't care who does it. I don't think there should be a prayer at all.

But it's interesting, Thanks FF.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
The fact that there's a prayer to kick off a political meeting at all is what blows me away. I don't care who does it. I don't think there should be a prayer at all.

agreed
what's funny is that parties tend to open up their meetings with these types of things, even though all of them are supposed to be upholding a constitution that has a seperation of the church from politics....

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Here is another link from World Net Daily. (Hey, it's better than the NY Times)

www.worldnetdaily.com...

In the name of God the most merciful, the most compassionate. We thank you, God, to bless us among your creations. We thank you, God, to make us as a great nation. We thank you God, to send us your messages through our father Abraham and Moses and Jesus and Muhammad. Through you, God, we unite. So guide us to the right path. The path of the people you bless, not the path of the people you doom. Help us God to liberate and fill this earth with justice and peace and love and equality. And help us to stop the war and violence, and oppression and occupation. Ameen.

So this guy is basically praying to God to convert Democrats to Islam.

BTW, there is no such thing as seperation of church and state in the Constitution.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

This amendment protects you from government, NOT religion.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Here is another link from World Net Daily. (Hey, it's better than the NY Times)

the new york times may be innaccurate sometimes, but at least it doesn't outright lie (well, 99% of the time it doesn't)

So this guy is basically praying to God to convert Democrats to Islam.

no, WALK THE RIGHT PATH
he just wants them to walk whatever path is the best

BTW, there is no such thing as seperation of church and state in the Constitution.

many supreme court rulings disagree with you
and all of them still stand
so you are wrong

This amendment protects you from government, NOT religion.

o, so religious people have the right to opress me simply because i'm an atheist...

that's awfully, well, intolerant of you

top topics

join