It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget the O'Hare Video, Aykroyd Says Ghostbusters III is on the Way!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Recently Dan Aykroyd was a guest on CISN Country Radio and revealed that Ghostbusters III is in the works and it will be a CGI movie. Bill Murray is on board too!

The hilight of the interview had to be when he confirmed that Ghostbusters III is in the works - albeit CGI, but Bill Murray has agreed to voice, so the authenticity (should) still be there!!! Don't take my word for it, take his:
www.cisnfm.com

[edit on 2/2/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Not sure if I like the idea of CGI, they can do all the special effects fine, Looking at movies now and the previous Ghostbusters films, If they're doing it because they want to look younger I would prefer to see the GB's as they've aged.
As long as it's not kiddied down I suppose it could be good...

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by chris01621

I think that is what it come down to. Of coarse the 80's was a long time ago and some of the "adult" themes that were in the movies will not be present such as smoking.
The CGI really could go either way. One of my favorite movies of all time is CGI but there has been a lot of garbage put out these past couple of years.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by chris01621
If they're doing it because they want to look younger I would prefer to see the GB's as they've aged.

That would be very cool. From what I've read though Bill Murray has always flat out insisted that he will not come back for a third, but did agree lately as long as it was CGI. I shame really.

It probably will be unfortunately. Not only can you not get away with what you used to be able to in a PG/PG-13 movie, but as these film makers get older they seem to lose their 'edgyness' (see: Lucas, Spielberg, Coppolla e.t.c.).

It is interesting though, the ratings don't change yet what you can get away with in them can. The MPAA is a truly scary organization, it shouldn't be allowed.

You watch most movies from the 70's/80's now that are PG and you can't believe what was once allowed to pass. The Bush/Right wing Christians have not only had their effect over politics these past years unfortunately.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I just found out about Ackroyd's comments this morning and I am SO pumped!

Also, to the guy who started a new thread on this and was talking about Ben Stiller and GB in hell. Those are just rumors started by fanboys years ago. There was never any truth to that.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
AWWW.......Pleeeease dont make this movie CGI. I LOVED the first two movies.

I guess we could always dream of a perfect world where sam raimi directs Ghostbusters 3, but it probably wont happen.
Its not gonna surprise me at all if they make it like 'monster house' or one of those movies.

This is blasphemy of the highest order.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Try not to give up on GB3 yet. CGI does not mean for-kids or rated G.
Our culture has to get out of this mindset that animation is strictly for kids.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   
By all means, animation is for everyone, even some of the disney animated things are good for adults, (my personal favorite is "The Incredibles")

But what i'm worried about is that it just won't link to the previous films and I really loved seeing those ghost's in live action.
CG seems the easy way out to me!

[edit on 7-2-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Try not to give up on GB3 yet. CGI does not mean for-kids or rated G.
Our culture has to get out of this mindset that animation is strictly for kids.

The worry that it'll centre around kids does not come from it being CGI, but from the actual makers themselves.

As far as the merits of CGI animated movies, I still hold The Incredibles as probably the greatest superhero movie ever made.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   

[Originally posetd by nyk537]
I just found out about Ackroyd's comments this morning and I am SO pumped!

Also, to the guy who started a new thread on this and was talking about Ben Stiller and GB in hell. Those are just rumors started by fanboys years ago. There was never any truth to that.

So you guy's say the Going to Hell story was bull, but I have a recent link here that link the CG film to the Hell story.

www.slashfilm.com...

This was written in 2003 as dated, so what makes it so Bull???

Edit: After I edited this once the writting went Italc, can anyone explain how this happened as I didn't do it on purpose or click the Italic link at top

[edit on 8-2-2007 by chris01621]

new topics

top topics

join