It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The second coming is not happening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I don't really know how to break this news to you. So I'll just say it.

Man has created great works of fiction and one of the best sellers is the so-call
holy bible. It is filled with delusional self grandeur. We are or were created in gods own image. That's the first load...god has no image.
How many religions are there? Why? Because man can't get past idea of how important he thinks he is.

You think you have such an important place in this world, that part of you is immortal. Wow, talk about ego.
You will never find this god through any world religion....not any. All organized
religion is brainwashing, going from generation to generation passed down from childhood.
Every one of us must find his or her own path to individual enlightenment.

Now, don't ask for proof or you missed the whole point of the above line.

Most won't have this understanding, because it comes from inside. It has been there all the time. You must discover how to reach that ultimate goal.

Most are to lazy to try or to deluded by the exterior world. It is the only true way to reach the much wanted union with what you call holy.

This path is most difficult but not impossible. Depends how much you what
the answers to all questions.

May your path be easier than mine.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by merky
I don't really know how to break this news to you. So I'll just say it.

I'll see your truth and raise you one.

Counter heart break surprise

Peace, bro.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

We are or were created in gods own image. That's the first load...god has no image.

While God may not have any specific image, he is in everything so it is fair to say that everything is the image of God. More specifically, it is stated that God made "man" in his image, specifically. It isn't talking in Genesis about man as what we would commonly think of; a human with male genitalia........rather a spiritual being as opposed to a female which simply comes from man.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The image more and more comes to my mind as being a reflection of.

as in 'children are a reflection of their parent's upbringing' or something like that

IOW
what we perceive god as is perhaps the idea of god that we have already and so we only see what we either want to see or can see or are limiting ourselves to see.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
The image more and more comes to my mind as being a reflection of.

as in 'children are a reflection of their parent's upbringing' or something like that

IOW
what we perceive god as is perhaps the idea of god that we have already and so we only see what we either want to see or can see or are limiting ourselves to see.

There you go. Isn't it said that a student is not above his master? It is enough that a student is like his master. The same is like this image - we are reflections, not just copies. For if we were meant to be copies we would have the power to destroy the original, which is not possible. The image of God is an equal reflection! Nice insight there Ms Annie.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   

The second coming is not happening

Wow... I really needed you to tell me that, I mean thats as obvious as that NASA guy saying "Obviously a major Malfunction" when the Challenger exploded.

Of course, the way you say it, the rest of the sentence could be, the second coming is not happening... yet.

How many religions are there? Why? Because man can't get past idea of how important he thinks he is.

Or, None are right so far and God is trying to show us the right path perhaps, but the corruptibility of man is stopping him. Well maybe you're right, after all, for years we thought we were at the center of the Universe.

You think you have such an important place in this world, that part of you is immortal. Wow, talk about ego.

Of course, you have no proof against it, and we don't have any proof for it, so lets leave that one.

You will never find this god through any world religion....not any. All organized
religion is brainwashing, going from generation to generation passed down from childhood.
Every one of us must find his or her own path to individual enlightenment.

Now I think I at least partly agree with you there, but if you are finding your own path, does that not make you self Brainwashing?

[edit on 3-2-2007 by apex]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I get so frustrated these days that all we seem to do is bash each others’ beliefs. We seem to keep a constant atmosphere of “believers vs. non-believers” with each side, at times, claiming that only their particular belief is the right one. Both sides have been guilty of mudslinging and as much as I try to avoid it, I probably have been guilty myself. Still I would love to see us make the effort of moving past the pointless bickering.

Here are things that I point out to people on both sides of this fence. (I am not picking on you merky, but since it is your thread I will direct my comments to you.)

You will never find this god through any world religion....not any.

Which GOD? How do you know which GOD I am pursuing? How do you know what my spiritual goals are?

All organized religion is brainwashing, going from generation to generation passed down from childhood.

All organized religion? I do not believe that you actually know them all.

You see, one of the main turn offs of Christianity (for me) is that some Christians speak in such absolutes - that their way is the only way and their truth is the only truth, period. Yet more and more I am seeing that Christians are not alone in this.

People from any religion can preach that their way is the only way. Even atheist can be pushy and speak as if there is some absolute proof for their beliefs. The only real truth I see here is that no one can prove anything, yet we often speak as if we can.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Hi Merky,

I think I understand your concerns...The world waits anxiously for the return of the Christ but he is no where to be found. Suddenly their is a fervor and some think they see his silhouette in the distance, but realize it is only that of a man trudging through the desolate desert of his mind. This man having been recently freed from the rigors of countless lifetimes of captivity needs time to reach the promised land. He needs time to realize his true path and how he is to approach it.

I guess what I am trying to say is that I have complete faith that the blessed Christ will come but of that time...no man knoweth. All we can do is be patient, humble and tolerant until such a time that he reveals himself to us.
I know he will come.
My faith is strong and his return is a certainty. I think he is here, on Earth, as we speak but he is purposely hiding his presence. Just watching, observing and interacting in the most inconceivable ways imaginable. Watching for the light of those with real faith and real love. If I were God, that is how I would do it. Just sit back and watch, Just observe.

top topics

join