It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it me or is Asia a sesspool of all the weird diseases?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Every couple of months there is some other new weirder virus, coming out of Asia. Is mother earth trying to maintain population because more than half of the world is there?

I have nothing against Asians, and hope that what I said doesn't imply that I do. But there is always something new coming out of there.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Nearly any region that is poverty stricken and overpopulated will have poor sanitation and health care, which in turn increases infectious disease levels. Also regions that are more tropical are prone to higher rates of disease.

Sub-SaharanAfrica has the highest rates of infectious disease and the lowest life expectancies:
Rank Order - Life expectancy at birth

The Global Infectious Disease Threat and Its Implications for the United States

Sub-Saharan Africa--accounting for nearly half of infectious disease deaths globally--will remain the most vulnerable region. The death rates for many diseases, including HIV/AIDS and malaria, exceed those in all other regions. Sub-Saharan Africa's health care capacity--the poorest in the world--will continue to lag.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
How many start there first. Its like they have tried to squeeze so many people into such a small place that the earth is attacking. I can't blame them I know plenty of Asian women that would be worth settling down with.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I know what you mean about Asia - I've often thought that about Africa. I think about that new strain of TB - an aweful mess that is. And don't even get me started about the ebola and HIV viruses! Sesspool for sure!

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I know what you mean but I belong to a few American forums and West Nile, norovirus, children dying from seasonal flu, brain worms, resurgence of whopping cough, measles, bubonic plague, TB and MRSA scare the hell outta me..
Never mind, Tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, snow storms, ice storms.
School shooting etc.
There are bad things happening everywhere.
No-one is any better or any luckier than anyone else!

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Not just Asia , everywhere now , in history this is what near all disease came from just more animals more people more risks of mutation ..
Zoonotic Diseases .. from animal to animal to human .. then mutates human to human ..

Increasing overpopulation in rural areas is leading to more humans living in closer proximity to livestock and to each other. This proximity can cause problems when diseases occur, creating increased opportunities for transfer from animals to humans and from human to human.

Zoonotic diseases, those that can transfer from animals to humans, are becoming more prevalent due to this proximity. Both livestock and domesticated animals can carry such diseases. Cattle, pigs and poultry, all kept for food and income, along with domesticated cats and dogs are carriers.

There are two risks involved to humans from transfer of zoonotic diseases:

direct transfer from these animals to their human handlers, and
human to human resulting from a zoonotic disease infection that has mutated.
Two zoonotic diseases have been the subject of widespread outbreaks, Avian Influenza (bird flu) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). Outbreaks of bird flu amongst poultry have been confirmed in Cambodia, China including Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Pakistan, South Korea, Thailand and Vietnam. Bird flu was recognised as a pandemic in poultry 18 months ago in Southeast Asia and North Asia and has since moved into Cental Asia and Russia. (See www.cdc.gov/ncidod/eid/vol11no10/05-0644.htm for more information
www.aciar.gov.au...

top topics

join