It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Happening Here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Although I have always considered myself very "spiritual", until quite recently my interests have dealt strictly with terrestrial pursuits - "down-to-earth" stuff like working, keeping a roof over my head, putting food on the table - paying the mortgage, utilities, & taxes. The joys of homeownership I call it.

I couple that with the thought that we in fact are not owners but rather, stewards of everything we say we own. Along with these "possessions" we include our most precious - earth.

So as I try and make sense of this paradox my head is filled with others, including the likelihood of intelligent life elsewhere - out there, definitely many questions, and somehow the possibility that I may already have at least some of the answers.

With all of this, I find myself looking up - a lot. And I find myself here - out of the blue for about a week. I feel drawn here so-to-speak and that at least part of the explanation is out-of-this-world.

Am I the only newbie in this sea of SMEs? I doubt it and so maybe others can help me understand what is happening here that is making so many peolple question our place here and our very existence?

Thanks for sharing, I'm just learning... maybe re-member-ing...

I'll check back when I can make some time!

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. I'm glad you joined us, and i truly hope you enjoy the experience.

I thinkYou're right, there has been alot of "newbies" to the ATS community as of late. I wonder if it is due to the upgrades, advertizment, or word of mouth? (Just curious why you decided to join, and how you heard about ATS?)

Do you think it was a spiritual inspiration that brought you to ATS, or are you implying that you felt compelled because of something within, a curiousity about E.T.s?

[edit on 2-2-2007 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
When one ponders our own existence, and then looks up into a clear night sky, and imagine the almost infinite possibilities, it can be almost overwhelming.

To think that our own little planet is the only source of intelligent life in this massive universe, and perhaps other universes, it seems kind of arrogant don't you think?

Then when you think of our own evolution, and our combined gained knowledge of all that we are able to comprehend and understand.. Religion and spirituality seems somewhat insignificant.

If there is intelligent life currently visiting our planet, and someday there is some contact, or exchange between us and them perhaps what we learn may be something no one wants to believe.

What if we are nothing more than a scientific experiment?

[edit on 2-2-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Are you asking why we come to ATS? and, or, why we belive in aliens, conspirecys, the paranormal and non-conventional science theories?

Well, I at a very young age learned of the evil of people. For about my entire childhood, I believed all people were evil. But, eventually as I got older, I saw this not to be true. Then I decided that evil and good are two sides on the same coin. I no longer care about evil or good. I care about accomplishment and evolution of the mind and universe. I now see good and evil as to two out of many paths.

I look up at the night sky and see how infined the universe is and I feel cold. Then I feel that there is a light with in me. With this light, I figure I have to light this cold universe. I need a path persay or, directions on how to do this. I come here to ATS to see if any one else has found this path. I come post and read ATS in hoping that someone finds this path or, that I can find it my self. And if I find it, I will post it here for those that are interested in it too.

I am not religious, materialistic, or anything. I know that I will only exist as long as the universe needs me too. I dont care if I die, become rich, own land, become famous, remembered, or hated. I will search for this key/path to the universe's void and, I will only be in peace once I find it.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hey ubicator, welcome to the ride. All things being equal, no there not. ATS is the place to be to find and share the unusual and unexplained.
Simplicity with things seen but not understood and presented to people here, looking for some answers.. well let's look at the UFO problem together and search for answers, assuming answers are around.

Dallas

edit: the

[edit on 2-2-2007 by Dallas]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ubicator
So as I try and make sense of this paradox my head is filled with others, including the likelihood of intelligent life elsewhere - out there, definitely many questions, and somehow the possibility that I may already have at least some of the answers.

Nicely stated, ubicator

There is an evolution of sorts going on these days... at least I think there is. I guess when it comes to things such as alien civilizations and spiritual beings, we've always thought about possibilities.

For how long have people talked about entities? As long as we've been around, I suppose.

But we've turned a corner the past 60 years or so. Instead of seeing only ghostly apparitions and spirits, along came the Foo Fighters right around the time the first nuclear tests were carried out. (no, not the band)

Suddenly, within a generation, the idea of travellers from other star systems were being talked about. A radical idea, but look how mainstream the idea is today. Hardly an insignificant concept, imo.

Now, it seems like the phenomena is gathering itself for some type crescendo, even outside of the ardent UFO community.

But, as you said, I also feel that the answers are within ourselves...that we already know the truth but that we are still a bit fearful of accepting that truth because it conflicts so much with the 'status quo.

You mentioned 're-member'.

That's the corner we turned, because prior to that state was 'for-getting'.

Welcome to ATS

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Native American's didn't believe in ownership until we stole their land and kicked them off.

They as do I believe we all have a responsibility, to guide the world to a better future.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Thanks to everybody for the input. I hope I do this right...

Native American's didn't believe in ownership until we stole their land and kicked them off.

They as do I believe we all have a responsibility, to guide the world to a better future.

I wHoly agree.

...that we already know the truth but that we are still a bit fearful of accepting that truth because it conflicts so much with the 'status quo.

You mentioned 're-member'.

That's the corner we turned, because prior to that state was 'for-getting'.

Ditto, and thank you on 'for-getting'

Simplicity with things seen but not understood and presented to people here, looking for some answers.. well let's look at the UFO problem together and search for answers, assuming answers are around.

That's exactly what I'm saying - the whole is greater than the sum of its' parts.

Are you asking why we come to ATS? and, or, why we belive in aliens, conspirecys, the paranormal and non-conventional science theories?

Not So Much/ at all. Although I'm not big on [Why?] questions I am in tune with your post. I too have seen the relationship between good, evil, and all things in between. I also have an understanding for the light, grey, and dark nature of our existence. Like you, I wonder if others are here because they have some sense of - as you say - their path, and if they know what led them here, at this time.

To think that our own little planet is the only source of intelligent life in this massive universe, and perhaps other universes, it seems kind of arrogant don't you think?

I Completely Agree. Perhaps ego is what keeps us down...

Then when you think of our own evolution, and our combined gained knowledge of all that we are able to comprehend and understand.. Religion and spirituality seems somewhat insignificant.

I'm not sure about that. Religion, like government, has always served a significant purpose to both the leaders and the led. Spirituality I see as something completely different although its significance is debatable as it relates to one's own upbringing/beliefs...

If there is intelligent life currently visiting our planet, and someday there is some contact, or exchange between us and them perhaps what we learn may be something no one wants to believe.

I see that's how it is today.

What if we are nothing more than a scientific experiment?

Perhaps...

(Just curious why you decided to join, and how you heard about ATS?)
Do you think it was a spiritual inspiration that brought you to ATS, or are you implying that you felt compelled because of something within, a curiousity about E.T.s?

Not advertising for me. Also, I'm not a joiner - this is the first web-community/board I've ever registered with. It was definitely a search result on Google. I do not recall the terms I used but definitely came into the UFO threads and got sense that I should pay attention. About a week later, here I am, paying attention, and looking for others to share their experiences as to being drawn/brought here to ATS or their recollection of "waking-up".

Thanks Again, let me know your thoughts.

[edit on 3-2-2007 by ubicator]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Welsome to ATS, there is quite a lot of knowledge to be gained here, best of luck.

The reason we all come to these fourm, we are tired of being lyed to and we want to find the truth.

new topics

top topics

join