It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forum tampering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Just wanted to alert some people here about a situation with online discussion forums.

I believe that a large number of online discussion forums, possibly even this one, has been tampered with by an outside source. I will state my reasons for believing this below, and am looking for anyone else who has noticed this and has a theory about this.

I am a member of several online discussion forums, and have noticed in 2006 a large number of them have experienced the same symptoms, in the same order, My example will be called Example.com, so that I don't needlessly drag anyone through the mud.

Example.com had a very active political discussion forum, with topics ranging from immigration to the "War on Terror". One day,(May, 2006) the site was gone. The site was gone for a period of 24 hours. When Example.com came back online, numerous threads and posts had been deleted, and the official explanation from the Moderators was that the server crashed and that more recent information had been lost. However, the posts and threads that turned up missing were not in chronological order. Some threads were weeks/months old, while others were newer, the only thing the threads had in common was the fact that they questioned certain Government agencies. After Example.com came back online, Mods were REALLY strict about what they allowed people to post, and HEAVILY edited political threads. This could have been nothing, except that the same thing happened to 4 other forums THAT I KNOW OF within a 3 week period.

My concern is that the servers may have "crashed" so that they could be "tapped" by an Civilian or Federal Intelligence agency. Anyone else have any thoughts on this? Like I said, this has happened to SEVERAL sites already, and has been to routine and in to close a time span for it to be merely chance. The first 5 sites I noticed back in May were all pro-2nd Amendment forums, and I have heard people describe the same thing happening on other political agenda sites.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I posted in the anonymous forum a few weeks ago and a couple of hours later it was gone. I did not use foul language nor was I hurtful or rude to other posters.

The post was a reply in regard to secret military/goverments installations in Australia, I offered my opinion about how I am sure that our secret installations are funded by the US as we are allies and offer a geographical advantage for such installations (Pine Gap a case in point).

Plus our Australian government is very happy to be dictated to by the US govenment....nothing new here.. been going on for many years.

It was a short post and concluded with sonething like ...

"Australian installations = US funding"

So if anyone thinks I said the wrong thing or am way off base...tough.

Governments all over the world DO have something to hide and can not expect thinking people to just sit back and shut up...they are sorely mistaken.

So yeah I think my post was tampered with

[edit on 2-2-2007 by resistancia]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
**All Forums having anything to do with anything remotely political, UFO, etc, are monitored

They had guys in the CIA who do nothing but read post all day, they track what we say and think.

Hell this place could be run by the CIA, and we would never know until they kick the door in.

They may not know exactly who we really are, (that depends on how easy it is to trade your email, etc), but if they want they can trace the links back to where you are, probably down to the house.

This why I don't give away too much detail on myself.

And I aint saying anything I will regret.

It would not suprise me to see info disappear, wouldn't surprise me at all

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Well, we could ask if anyone is missing a post?

I would doubt it could happen here on A.T.S..... On the other hand. What if ATS were gone tomorrow, what would you do? Write to your congress person about it? Call the papers?

Not much you could do is there? I gather if some organization wanted to get rid of a site it would be fairly easy to accomplish, as owners are easily traced through their providers. It seems much harder to alter content of a site and having mods be in on it.

Unless the mods were replaced that is...

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Great post Nicotine 1982 thanks for bringing it up here, I know this has happened on a certain message board I post on regularly and all attempts to question the established reasons regarding the problem have been met with severe penalties. u2u me and I will elaborate more!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia

I posted in the anonymous forum a few weeks ago and a couple of hours later it was gone. I did not use foul language nor was I hurtful or rude to other posters.

I don't know which post you're talking about, but if it was removed it must have been removed for a reason. And the reason is not what you think. Maybe you included phonenumbers and/or email addresses in your post? If so, then that's likely the reason it was removed.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
They may not know exactly who we really are, (that depends on how easy it is to trade your email, etc), but if they want they can trace the links back to where you are, probably down to the house.

Anonymity on the net is no longer there. Your IP-Address is your fingerprint. So basically anyone with enough tracing power can get to your doorstep. Or add your details to a list or whatever. Do not think for a moment that anonymous proxy software or using publix anonymous proxies protect your id. Nope. Only way to be reasonably anonymous (or regionally anonymous) is kiting (driving around with a wireless laptop and using open internet networks to post, using a different one every time) or visiting internet cafés, a different one for every post. Naturally they will find you in the end if they want you bad by historical location data and appropriate stake outs. "Sir, I would ask you to close that laptop and come with us please".

Anyone knows how to be 100% anonymous these days I´m all ears.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I'm not that concerned with anonymity, since I already firgured that was a dream. I am more concerned with the fact that the Mods on these sites seem to be going along with whatever is happening. could they have been threatened in some way, or convinced that what they are doing is best for their site? I'm not sure that the Mods here(not ALL of them anyways) would go along with something like this, or give in to threats, but it is something to think about. I have noticed a lot of people recently complaining or feeliong as if they are being censored. Granted this is mostly noobs who don't get the rules, but still...

Knowing that everything you type is being monitered is one thing, thats just fact. Knowing that if you post something worthwhile, it will be censored, is another.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Hi Hellmutt,

I never include contact details about myself or others in posts.

I saw the post in the forum then a few hours later it was gone.

I am not saying ATS is responsible but maybe someone independently of ATS was able to access the forum, deleted the post, make a record of the anonymous number (always get the same number allocated to me...soooo me thinks I am identifiable and NOT very anonymous ) pretty easy to trace me from membership info if they really want to.

I dared to venture into a sensitive topic and paranoid governments do not like that ...hell I am just a suburban mum who reads, questions and has an opinion...can't stop that...will never stop...and intent to keep posting !!!

thanks hellmutt for your input

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
What would we do if ATS went offline?

What would YOU do if ATS went offline?

What COULD you do if ATS went offline?

new topics

top topics

join