It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Game I have always wanted was...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
An RPG with level building were you were an assassin. You start off as a low level hood. As you finish more contracts you gain levels. I know its a little bit morbid. But it would be pretty sweet to have free range like Hitman, but gain abilities like an RPG.

Plus you could have the style of hitman adjust to how you finish you contracts.

If you were a sniper, or an inclose, or a chemical guy your abilities would differ.

You could also have it on-line people could compete over a certain target. With set parameters of course.

Anybody else have a game they would like to see come to life

[edit on 2-2-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I've got to say the multiplayer bit would is something that I've been wanting to see in a Hitman game. But as for upgrades, that's been done in Hitman Blood Money. But instead of attributes you simply buy better equipment. For example if you're into sniping you could buy a carbon barrel, or a better scope, or even a foil padded suitcase for it. But if you like getting up close and personal you could upgrade the Ballers with silencers, longslide, extended mags, or even automatic fire.

JbT

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
You mean, you've been waiting for this game and didnt even know it?!?!?

Assassin Creed - Coming to Xbox360 & PS3 this year.
ps3.ign.com...

Preview:

From the team that brought the world Prince of Persia and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell comes a sophisticated new franchise utilizing the power of next-gen technology for its complex action. The first game in the Assassin's Creed franchise is set in 1191 AD, when the Third Crusade was tearing the Holy Land apart. Shrouded in secrecy and feared for their ruthlessness, the Assassins intend to stop the hostilities by suppressing both sides of the conflict. Players, assuming the role of the main character Altair, will have the power to throw their immediate environment into chaos and to shape events during this pivotal moment in history.

I dont belive this game will have the RPG-ness that you were talking about, as in starting small and working to big things. Because from the sounds of it, you assume the position of one of the best Assassins at the time from the start.

But the basis of the game is to sneak around, gather missions and then Assassinate Christian/Crusade Leaders of the time.

It really is quite historical to a sence. As in, there definatly was a secret order of the assassins (Called Hashassin in those days of Egypt) at the time that were given orders to disrupt the crusades by killing off crusade leaders. Its where we get the modern day word Assassin.

dictionary.reference.com...

Word History: Active in Persia and Syria from the 8th to 14th centuries, the original Assassins were members of the Nizaris, a Muslim group who opposed the Abbasid caliphate with threats of sudden assassination by their secret agents. Other populations of the area regarded the Nizaris as unorthodox outcasts, and from this attitude came one of the names for the group, ḥaššāšīn, a word originally meaning "hashish users," which had become a general term of abuse. Reliable sources offer no evidence of hashish use by Nizari agents, but sensationalistic stories of murderous, drug-crazed ḥaššāšīn or Assassins were widely repeated in Europe. Marco Polo tells a tale of how young Assassins were given a potion and made to yearn for paradise—their reward for dying in action—by being given a life of pleasure. As the legends spread, the word ḥaššāšīn passed through French or Italian and appeared in English as assassin in the 16th century, already with meanings like "treacherous killer."

Hope this game is looking as good to you as it is too me. I love the history, the story line, and the trailers so far look graphically awsome.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
any word on its multiplayer capabilities

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
As long as they let it into multiple systems. Xbox 360 please.

JbT

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I belive its for both PS3 and Xbox360. Also, I also think that it a single player game. At least, Ive not heard of anything on multi-player.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Assains creed looks awesome but unless it comes out on the Wii, (which it might seeing as theres a Prince of Persia game on there) I wont beable to get it, I wont have a 360 for some time yet...

But that aside It looks great, the city is your playground, literally...

new topics

top topics

join