It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is The Best Team In The NBA right now??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I say that it's the Dallas Mavericks hands down...
What does everyone else think?

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The Mavericks certainly are in contention here, but cont' count out the Suns with the way they are playing. And of course, my favorite team, the Jazz, after the win the other night against San Antonio, even without Boozer, that was a huge statement game.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Yeah, as a Mavericks fan, I'd have to say that the Suns concern me the most as far as a threat is concerned. Of course, San Antonio is a completely different team in the playoffs than they are in the regular season, so you never know what is going to happen with them.

[edit on 5-2-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'd have to say the Suns are the best team in the league because they rest on the shoulders of the best player in the league. Nash's ability to move the ball around is truly amazing.

Nash... Mvp... 3-Peat Baby! Outside of hockey, it will be the greatest accomplishment of all-time for any Canadian athlete.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
I'd have to say the Suns are the best team in the league because they rest on the shoulders of the best player in the league. Nash's ability to move the ball around is truly amazing.

I just don't know about their defense. The Mavericks played the same type of ball for several years. They tried to get it done by outscoring everyone. During the season, it worked, but when it got down to the needy-greedy, uh-uh. Until Dallas finally got a substantial defense to go along with their offense, they didn't make it to the championship. They finally did it last year.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I think the best team is the Utah Jazz, they got good D their offense is good, usually FG% Over 50, Williams and Boozer are the new Stockton and Malone, bow down!

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawgjay
I think the best team is the Utah Jazz, they got good D their offense is good, usually FG% Over 50, Williams and Boozer are the new Stockton and Malone, bow down!

A fellow believer!!!

The only game that I have been able to catch was the game they won against the Spurs, so that one made me a believer that this team will be amongst the best Utah has aver fielded. The role players stepping up when they have to, and the stars are staying healthy (for the most part)

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Yeah, but even with Utah beating San Antonio do you think that makes them as good or better than the Mavericks? I think that's a bit of a stretch this year. In previous years, I might agree, but San Antonio seems to be on the descent rather than the ascent. So...I don't think it's really applicable this year.

[edit on 7-2-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Well, not just that game, but the fact they are all stepping up in Boozer's absence, you have to consider them among the best, I'm not gonna say they are the best now. I would doubt they'll make it to the finals at this point, as the team is still quite young. But, they are definitely among the top 3 teams in the league.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
When its crunch time dont count out the miami heat
its hard to repeat but its been a good yearin florida for sports

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Miami Heat? :shk:
If it weren't for Wade, I seriously doubt they would have beat the Mavericks last year. I will say this, if the Mavericks do not get to the NBA Championship again, it will be because they couldn't beat the Phoenix Suns. The Suns are the only ones that I see that are remotely capable of beating the Mavericks.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

top topics

join