It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3rd CSG heads to Gulf !

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Stennis is for Afganistan!

This is just lies, or explain it to me. Look how I see it.

In the article, they say this:

The nuclear-powered U.S. aircraft carrier "USS John C Stennis" had entered the Bahrain-based U.S. Navy 5th Fleet area of responsibility on February 19, taking position in the northern Persian Gulf.

Northern Persian Gulf to support Afghanistan. Yeah right. To support Afghanistan, the carrier should be in the northern part of the Arabian Sea, not the Persian Gulf.

If they are in the persian gulf for Afghanistan, they have to go back, move near the iranian south airspace, then cut throught Pakistan, then they arrive to Afghanistan. But if they just stop in northern Arabian Sea, they just have to pass throught Pakistan. So why put the aircraft carrier in the north west so that aircrafts MUST travel 100s more kilometers to enter in Afghanistan?

This is utter BS, it's clearly for Iran. And I heard that the date for attack is around the 20s of march.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Here are my sources.

1.Seymour Hersh says "four groups" referring to CSGs Carrier Stirke Groups
www.presstv.ir...

2.Scott Ritter says "fourth carrier" is the last piece that needs to be put in place before an attack.
www.laobserved.com...

Those two sources are saying that the attack will likely occur soon after 4 carrier strike groups are in position. Somebody on the thread said they were thinking the attack would begin on March 20? Why March 20? Is that because of the lunar cycle or are there other factors at work here? Someone suggested that American nightvision gear works getters without lunar illumination but I'm thinking there has to be more to it than that.

The other question I have is when will the other 2 carriers be there? Will we even be able to find out when they are there? I'm assuming they are talking about the Nimitz and the Reagan. Right now the Navy status page just says East China Sea and Pacific Ocean but who knows how accurate that is.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nofuture
Here are my sources.

1.Seymour Hersh says "four groups" referring to CSGs Carrier Stirke Groups
www.presstv.ir...§ionid=3510302

2.Scott Ritter says "fourth carrier" is the last piece that needs to be put in place before an attack.
www.laobserved.com...

Those two sources are saying that the attack will likely occur soon after 4 carrier strike groups are in position. Somebody on the thread said they were thinking the attack would begin on March 20? Why March 20? Is that because of the lunar cycle or are there other factors at work here? Someone suggested that American nightvision gear works getters without lunar illumination but I'm thinking there has to be more to it than that.

The other question I have is when will the other 2 carriers be there? Will we even be able to find out when they are there? I'm assuming they are talking about the Nimitz and the Reagan. Right now the Navy status page just says East China Sea and Pacific Ocean but who knows how accurate that is.

I think it happens to be a new moon and Iran will stop accepting dollars for oil. Great Post, Thanks!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I'm not terribly familiar with the dollar/euro/oil crisis, but has Iran set a date for dropping the dollar, or is there just speculation that they will someday?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I heard march 20/21... I don't know from which source, but this is what I heard. If they really want to attack, I think it's a good guest because new UN sanctions will be approved before that date, Iran will not stop, the 4 carriers will be there.... and Blair is quitting in April... so they need to start and finish the bombing run before Blair quit.

We'll soon see, I hope they don't attack.

EDIT: In approximately 2 months, Bush will ask for another extension of the debt. The debt will be over 9 trillions or 75% of the GDP, but this is just the US federal debt, if you count all the debts of the USA, it's over 90 trillions (750% GDP). The economic crash will be so large, 1929 will be a dream. So they need to attack before they ask for an extension of the debt because the economy could crash when they ask one.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Another Carrier and Strike force update!

World at War!

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Check out GEO-STRAT by Todd Croft. Excellent site. It has comprehensive up-to-date information on Military Postures, Capital Unit Movements, and Strategic Alliances.

www.geocities.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
nofuture, thanks for the site! How did you ever find it?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I did a lot of searches with google looking for deployment info and got lucky. I first found Order of Battle. www.ordersofbattle.darkscape.net... Order or Battle had some of Todd Croft's posts on it. I then e-mailed the editor of Order of Battle and he put me in touch with Todd Croft who sent me the link for GEO-STRAT.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Anybody got any more news on this?

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Is the 4th Carrier Strike Group there yet.

Everything is pointing the a war with Iran any day or week now! I believe if this is to start Tony Blair will retract his leave and stay in office till the bombings/war is over with.

Iran probably will not take this lightly and will counter attack against US/EU interests all over the World and Probably hit Nato and Allied Installations as well!

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
EDIT: In approximately 2 months, Bush will ask for another extension of the debt. The debt will be over 9 trillions or 75% of the GDP, but this is just the US federal debt, if you count all the debts of the USA, it's over 90 trillions (750% GDP). The economic crash will be so large, 1929 will be a dream. So they need to attack before they ask for an extension of the debt because the economy could crash when they ask one.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Vitchilo]

That assessment is incorrect.

December 2006 listing:

170% Japan
120% Italy
75% France
68% Germany
65% Canada
63% USA
51% UK

Cheers.

[edit on 26-3-2007 by crisko]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
....to relieve the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower...(?)

How long might the Eisenhower Strike Group linger in the Persian Gulf before returning to port, giving a 3 carrier strike group presence for a limited time?

And anyone know WHEN the Nimitz will arrive? That may be the next major "pucker-factor" time...or the next new moon after arrival...likely May 16?

SAN DIEGO -- The USS Nimitz and its support ships will depart San Diego on Monday for the Persian Gulf to join another local aircraft carrier strike group already in the region, military officials said.

The nuclear-powered aircraft carrier will join the San Diego-based John C. Stennis Strike Group and relieve the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower, according to Naval Air Forces Public Affairs.

Military officials said in a statement that the two-carrier presence in the Persian Gulf area is intended to demonstrate the country's "resolve to build regional security and bring long-term stability to the region."
The Nimitz's departure comes amid heightened tensions in the region following the detention of 15 British sailors and marines by Iran last week. Iran maintains the detainees were operating in its territorial waters, a charge the British government strongly denies.

www.10news.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
A great deal of my factual info is from GEO-STRAT www.geocities.com/tacman1040

Todd Croft maintains this excellent resource.

The Navy's official stance is that there will be no overlap between the Eisenhower and the Nimitz. However they only mean that in a technical sense as the carriers will both be there. They'll just be apart from one another not covering the exact same region at the same time. The carriers I am talking about are all supercarriers of course Nimitz - Class CVN. We have other carriers there such as the Boxer. Don't forget about the Charles de Gaul. That is a French supercarrier. The French carrier participated in Joint exercises with our carriers there recently. All told they could have 5 supercarriers there soon if you count the French one. The French weren't with us when we went to Iraq but for some reason they are on the same page when it comes to Iran.

According to Seymour Hersh:

One will be in the Persian Gulf just inside the strait of Hormuz
One will be off the coast of Oman
One will be in the North Arabian Sea
One will be in the Indian Ocean

The Nimitz left on April 2. USS Nimitz CSG-11 deploys to CENTCOM (Persian Gulf) to "replace" the Eisenhower and join the Stennis. The group composition is very heavy. ETA Late April.

* Commander DESRON-23
* USS Nimitz CVN-68
* USS Princeton CG-59
* USS Higgins DDG-76
* USS Chafee DDG-90
* USS John Paul Jones DDG-53
* USS Pinckney DDG-
* Carrier Air Wing CVW-11
* EOD Unit-11
* Helo Anti-Sub Sqdn 37+49

The 4th CSG is very likely the USS Reagan. It is officially in the Pacific Ocean on WESTPAC duty. However it can swing over to the Indian Ocean in just a few days. Official AOR is WESTPAC. They said it was deploying to cover the KittyHawks AOR, but why? The Blue Ridge is out covering it,
being good little boy scouts, and the Essex ARG is working up for a spring deployment. It's just not needed in WESTPAC. But, by being there, it can
theoretically cut it's transition time to CENTCOM in half, possibly to 2-3 days if it's in the right place at the right time. With refueling assets 1 day.

Here is some weird news about the Reagan that doesn't quite fit:
"USS Reagan states they’ve ended their surge deployment for 7th Fleet AOR today. This made me think “ah, and where might you be wandering off to after this?” but then I read they were off-loading ammo to a cargo ship, while still in theater, in the South China Sea??? What? Since when do we do that??? Is the Reagan returning back to San Diego (which is a mighty long trip) with zero ammo? This is odd… thinking… are they going to blast back into port, are they that overdo for something back home that they can’t wait to take the normal protocols? Is the ammo needed on this side of the world, and not offloaded near the US (which sounds more realistic)? Hmmm… oddities make me suspicious, and this event qualifies."" ---- Todd Croft

Supposedly the speeches are being written. This says it will happen late April but we have to be very suspicious of any dates. Dates are usually misinformation. Russian intelligence put out of story a few weeks ago saying it would happen April 6.
theseoultimes.com.../ST/db/read.php?idx=5088

Another factor is that the surge is incomplete. They have 2 of 5 brigades there now. They are way behind schedule. Apparently it won't be complete until June. The main purpose of the surge is to maintain control of Iraq when the attack on Iran happens and possibly conduct some offensive operations on the ground. These would probably be limited to "detaching" Iran's oil ports on the coast. However the real worry is Iraq. Iran can really destabilize that place if it chooses.
mrzine.monthlyreview.org...

Note:Watch the price of gold

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
www.news.navy.mil...

Reagan is back home in San Diego.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
But will this aircraft carrier be there in time for the April 6th strike is the question?

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
www.wvec.com...

Eisenhower is headed home. No US-initiated action at least until August and September when they can rotate the Truman and Enterprise in.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Mother Jones is reporting three carriers in the Gulf!

Where is the Nimitz????

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Nimitz is replacing Eisenhower. There will not be 4 CSG's in the gulf as many here have predicted. No action against Iran either anytime soon.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I've been saying there wont be action against Iran for some time. But lest, there are those who just dont look at it that way, besides, looking at carriers in or near the gulf doesnt tell you anything for certain. If you wanna know if action is going to be taken against Iran, look for substantial increase in boots on the ground, and to make it clear I dont believe that the "surge" is it, its only going to be a full 5 brigades. Not enough to take action on the necessary scale against Iran.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join