It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sociology of ATS: Most despised theory on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I'm interested in the way posters on ATS interact with each other, and the theories that even conspiracy theorists seem to choke on.

Notice, however, that I'm not interested in your opinion as to the truth of any given theory. Merely what you think are some threads or theories that most ATS find unbelieveable.

I was thinking about Indy's thread about how global warming is over.

Now THAT is a contentious idea on this site. Looking at that thread, he only has 5 or six posts, across 10 pages of debate.

The closest I've come with a thread I've authored was the one about the possibility that "aliens" are actually demons in disguise, and are conditioning the public to accept their control, in the guise of being "enlightened and advanced" creatures who should run our governments. I haven't posted on that thread in over 6 months, and I still get occasional u2u's or nasty comments from ATS'ers who HATE that discussion . . ..

What are theories you've seen (or authored) that have been pilloried in the popular press of ATS?

all the best.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'm probably going to get crucified for this one, but I find the entire John Titor thing ridiculous. A nice fairy tale, and a fun read, but to believe it outright? Nope!

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Maybe I should have crafted a "most-beloved bunkum" thread to counter this one.

Your are right about Titor, IMO; and I'll raise you a Slurpo.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Most hated or choked on topics at ats?

Hollow Earth threads hands down.

Go ahead post a new thead about it I dare ya

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
How about this one:

Thread

The title is Can Someone Explain Why There is not Glass in the Atmosphere?, suggesting that the atmosphere is made of a layer of glass and taking cue from the hollow earth theory that the earth is concave and we live on the inside of a ball. The glass reflects everything and makes it appear that we are a sphere. It was an interesting thread but caused a lot of controversy. I don't know why it just disappeared.

new topics

top topics

join