It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come visit San antonio.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I just wanted to tell everyone who's freezing their butts off to come to San Antonio, Texas.

Cold down here is low 30's

We have a River walk with the best restuarants, bars, malls, shopping, etc.

www.sanantonioriverwalk.com...

We have our own Dome Stadium just in case its too cold

We have Sea World, Fiesta Texas, along with alot of other rides

We have plenty of places to visit

www.sanantoniocvb.com...

Come to San Antonio, you know you want to.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'll have you know plenty of people visit SA. I just wish more were hot ones.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I love San Antonio!! Compared to Lubbock where I'm from, I'ts paradice.

SA has great bars, blues festivals, art shows, vibrant cultural scene, and it's only a short hop to the the Gulf for some of the greatest spec and Red fishing on the planet.

Thanks for the invitation. When I get down that way; can I stay with you?

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Of course I like it, I was born there. I remember the best part other than the riverwalk was the Peal of Lone Star brewery when I was a kid

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
What is the gang activity like in the city? Recent reports of MS-13 might be a source of worry and consideration.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Sadly MS-13 appears to be everywhere..But the crime rate has not had a rise or anything.
If anything a dead person on the news seems to be such a shock that I love this place.
The cops here are pretty cool, I was downtown after the SPURS won their first NBA title and the party was awesome. I shared beers with the cops. Though they will probably crack down now that I put pen to paper, etc.
They are really cool, as long as you don't drive drunk.
Then they are harsh.
The food is excellent. This is the first city that I was at were it didn't feel weird drinking a beer with a meal.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
I just wanted to tell everyone who's freezing their butts off to come to San Antonio, Texas.

Cold down here is low 30's

We have a River walk with the best restuarants, bars, malls, shopping, etc.

www.sanantonioriverwalk.com...

We have our own Dome Stadium just in case its too cold

We have Sea World, Fiesta Texas, along with alot of other rides

We have plenty of places to visit

www.sanantoniocvb.com...

Come to San Antonio, you know you want to.

Royal, finally you post something that I can agree with whole heartedly! I LOVE San Antonio. I live in Missouri and Texas is a great place to visit. Have you been to the Flying Saucer? Go there now! They have over 200 beers on tap at any given time. Micro and imported Micro brew! The best in the US!

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
That's on Huebner near were my grandma lives. There a really good used bookstore that has stuff you can't find anywhere else right next to it.

Did you come down with the Tigers or just for a holiday.

You can always tell when the Alamo Bowl is near. Everybody is always super cool and wears their colors proudly.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I try to go to San Antonio once a month! You are right about that city. It is THE vacation spot! I have been down for every holiday and Midwest Express is a straight flight from Kansas City. I have been to the river walk, Alamo, Lucumba, GHW Bush Museum, Nimitz Museum and many other events. Most important fact is that San Antonio is the Basketball capital of the world! Why don't I live there?

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Great food, and great town! I go there quite a bit on business. Besides, it is one of the few places where Corona is on tap!

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The last time someone wold me to go down to San Antonio I got sucked into basic training.

I did get to see SA for a day and a half though. It's a nice city, but most of my memories are negative.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I love San Antonio. Beautiful Mexican girls and amazing Mexican food! El Mirridor off S. St. Mary's and Durango(I think?), I think has to be the best food I've ever eaten. Potato enchilada plate owns everything.

And the Riverwalk is kind of cool looking, but the water is gross and the food lining it isn't that good at all. Just another consumer hotbed. I love all the old missions they have, the Cathedrals are pretty amazing too. I love Mexican culture, art, and all of it. San Antonio is one of my favorite cities by far!

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
My wife's family lives in San Antonio and I love it there. It is an international city even though it is hours from the boarder. the cost of living is better than any other Texas city and the blues scene is strong and has deep roots there. Robert Johnson did his first recording session there. It's one happy place to be any time of the year. And yes the Mexican girls are intelligent and very hard not to look at. I haven't been there this year because of Ike and all of the family from the coast having to seek refuge there, but they will leave sometime. My 85 year old father in law and I like to drink Mezcal and discuss Tex Mex history and politics. He is one sharp old man. The first Norte Americanos were told not to move there unless they wanted to live forever. It was said that old people didn't die, but walked out from town and blew away with the wind.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Been there, done that. San Antonio is a great town. I like the temperature there and the people too.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Zhenyghi

I won't worry about the gangs. just stay away from the near west side and you'll be ok. I live on the East side.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Yes please come to a city that alot of Canadians visit in the USA. LOL. When I was on the Canadian, I met alot of people who knew were San Antonio was. On amtrak however, well that was a ?????

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
[url=][url=http://sanantonio.echotown.net/wiki/new-way-austin]
Before I post a new thread, I look around for an existing thread. Well here's one of my stories. If you happen to be visiting San Antonio and use Public Transit to get around when you travel, well, take a good read. It about a commuter bus between Austin and San Antonio.

Now for about 20+ years or so, there's been an idea of commuter rail between the two cities. Well that ain't going to happen. To many car prison politicians. But this service is your only alternative just like KSYM 90.1 FM.

Tell me what you think. and an reminder. If you live out side Loop 410. You don't live in San Antonio Any more. After all, I live in China Grove even though my address says San Antonio on it.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by sirbikesalot06]

[edit on 24-3-2009 by sirbikesalot06]

new topics

top topics

join