It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there evidence for this argument?

page: 1

join
share:
RaV

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Im a member of a particular site where we had a discussion over the age of the earth and the following came up.

Quote:
ANYWAYS! Don't you think its a mystery how the pyramids where created and the technology that was needed to create the precision of the pyramids - if the world was only 6000 years old - (2000 years ago Jesus was born) that leaves 4000 years to have lost all that technology and information... ALSO, The oldest person in the Bible was Methuselah at 969 years - and this was pre-jesus time... Hmm so that means 6000 - 2000 = 4000 - (nerli 1000) = 3000 then do not forget all those others that lived for like ever:

Adam lived 930 years, and then he died. [Genesis 5:5]
Seth lived 912 years, and then he died. [Genesis 5:8]
Enosh lived 905 years, and then he died. [Genesis 5:11]
Kenan lived 910 years, and then he died. [Genesis 5:14]
Mahalalel lived 895 years, and then he died. [Genesis 5:17]
Jared lived 962 years, and then he died. [Genesis 5:20]
Methuselah lived 969 years, and then he died. [Genesis 5:27]
Lamech lived 777 years, and then he died. [Genesis 5:31]

(yes alot of them would have been born while the others were stil alive but even if they overlap then they your looking at prolly around 2500 years or so)

So that means that in 500 years - man learnt how to do practicaly everythin, mathematically, astronomically etc etc and at the same time - lost it all and had to start from scratch... No, i rate the world is way older than that - many civilization who we know hardly anything to nothing about have died and been reborn.... On top of that - do not forget about the dinosaurs who still roamed the earth before the continental drift...

A Response:
Exuse me, but you are judging them as if they were as intelligent as we are. This is called "Uniformatism"(The past is the key to the present). It is completely wrong... Listen, Adam came 'pre-programmed' straight from the hand of God ok? (He walked, talked and got married all first day!!! HOLY ****) Back in their day, they did things we cant even start to do now! Even with all this technology! They were all geniuses, enabling them to to do insane stuff.

Also, evidence shows that the air pressure was greater in those days (Air bubbles in fossilized tree sap often have +50% more oxygen!!! This means that the conditions they lived in were like that of a hyperbolic chamber. This means that they grew bigger, faster, were more intelligent! They could run for hundreds of miles without getting tired as their blood plasma gets saturated with oxygen. They did not need a car to get to grandma's

Also they had a layer of water in the sky (the Bible actually states this) and there are various theories as to how this worked, such as ice is magnetic at very low temperatures and could float up ther due to the magnetic field... That means that they were sheltered from the suns harmful rays. This meant they could live longer (Whoopee!!!) and they did not get skin damage (Being shot full of tiny holes every second you live means that the damage must be repaired)

That was before the flood... Guys, we are living in a wreck compared to what it used to be.

To add support to the above, scientists grew a tomato 'bush' (the small tomato making one) in hyperbolic conditions and filtered sunlight ... they got a tomato TREE! The amount of tomatoes it is producing is like, Holy **** Shocked Shocked Shocked

So what do you guys think?

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
1. Nope, i don't find it a mystery on how the pyramids were made- there were many very advanced civilisations living back then, both before and after such a civilisation, and the egyptians certainly had the technology, man power, resources and skill to make such structures.
2. The bible is not a history book, and is not entirely accurate when it comes to its history. Yes, some events are certainly true, but the bible has been edited many times over its long history, with bits changed, taken away or added. For its religious/spiritual value, it is of course very important, but i don't think it should be looked at too literally other than that.
It is imposible for people to live such a long time as 900 years (unless these people were of course not human, but thats a different matter all together), the human body is simply not evolved to last that long (no matter how healthy you are, your organs will eventually knacker out over time). And i do believe this, so i take such recorded ages with a pinch of salt so to speak.
I think comparing tomato plants to people is not a good example- we are completely different in the way we work. Also, what actual evidence/proof is there to say people grew faster, bigger or more intelligent? All this is just a theory, with no evidence/proof to back it up, so such a theory cannot really be defended or proven until there is evidence/proof for it, its just an interesting concept (which personally i am not about to entertain- there are a lot of reasons why the theory is wrong IMHO).

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
me, i look at the bible account as pertaining to a particular offshoot of humans, which came about fom the efforts of an alien scientist-creator in his experiment/project 'Genesis".
This all took place some 6,000 years ago, in a secured bio-sphere 'Garden' called 'Eden'.

in the meanwhile, humans....and others including some with neanderthal traits were still evolving, But outside of the Garden.

over the course of time, the world has come under the delusion that
the Biblical Tribal God-Creator, created all humankind instead of just the line of man that over time became known as Hebrews and then continues to this day with the Jews...
any of the other surviving tribes descending from the Adamic line have lost their identity/history+ but not their genetic/DNA link

with that premis in mind, then Adams first 'wife' (who was never created) is explained...along with 'wives' that ?magically? sprang up for Adams grandsons??
the seeming speed of technological achievements(pyramids),
population explosions which created the need for cities to be built, etc etc
the rapid rise of farming, food production, aqua-culture,

all those things blossomed in the short 'Patriarch Age',
which (according to scripture) began with Adam+Eve, 2 persons,
till Noah when hundreds of pagan and gentile civilizations were terminated

my view is that most everybody is trying to push a square peg into a round hole

[edit on 2-2-2007 by St Udio]

new topics

join