It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officers Suspended Over Arresting Woman Who Miscarried

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Two Kansas City, Missouri police officers have been suspended after arresting Sofia Salva, who told officers during a traffic stop that she was "pregnant and bleeding". After being released from jail the next day Salva delivered a premature baby, that died immediately after birth.

www.cnn.com
Two police officers were suspended indefinitely with pay Thursday as an investigation continued into their arrest of a pregnant woman who had a miscarriage a day after she was thrown in jail.

The suspensions came two days after police released a videotape showing Sofia Salva telling officers during her arrest last year that she was three months pregnant, bleeding and needed to go to a hospital.

She was arrested February 5 and held overnight on traffic violations and outstanding city warrants. After being released the next morning, she delivered a premature baby boy who died immediately after birth, according to the lawsuit filed Friday in Jackson County Circuit Court.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Don't immediatley jump in here and start bashing police officers.

As Chief James Corwin stated

"I ask for patience from the community as we investigate this incident," Corwin said. "I regret that this incident has reflected negatively on the members of this department, the vast majority of whom do their job in an exemplary fashion every day."

Yes this is a very tragic event and after the investigation if the officers are found to be in the wrong, then by all means, they should be punished.

Not all cops are bad, I honestly believe that and think we should always remember that.

apc

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Odd this got downgraded... it is national news afterall.

As a resident of Kansas City, Missouri I can say with confidence that the behavior of these officers was quite abnormal for the KCPD. Typically the pigs are contained on the Kansas side of the metro area.

That being said, I think these two officers should be terminated and criminal charges brought against them. The jailers responsible for this woman should also be fired and charged.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I seen the police video on this on this thread here on ATS.

There is no doubt these cops are guilty and should be fired on the spot.
They ignored her pleas for medical help repeatedly. They never offered any form of help to the woman.

You can read my comments on that thread for further feelings on this whole ordeal. Arrest her fine but give her medical help.

She needs to win her law suit and thee cops should be caned no question ask accept why they acted in such an inhumane way. This woman was nothing but polite to them did every thing that was ask of her their own video shows how they did not care about her needs.

Raist

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Please discuss in the existing thread, Woman who miscarried sues police after arrest.

Thanks.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join