It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent increase in CCTV

page: 1

join
share:
Edn

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I just recently noticed the M8 in the Glasgow area has had a crap load of new CCTV cameras installed in almost every junction, not only that but i've noticed a number of new cameras on high (street light like) poles and on high buildings to monitor large pedestrian areas in Renfrewshire.

Just wondering if anyones noticed similar increases in CCTV?

(i know this isn't exactly a political topic but it seams the most appropriate place)

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
You do realise Britain is the most surveilanced state in the world? We have more CCTVs than everybody else.

Soon, we will have CCTVs watching the CCTVs watching the CCTV's watching us, watching the CCTVs watching the CCTVs watching the CCTVs.....

Edn

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I know

I do however have to argue that a lot of the CCTV is privately owned, the government in reality controls only a small portion of the total CCTV coverage.

I can see its benefits, in large shopping centers or public buildings they do prevent a lot of crime I know this from first hand knowledge.

But I couldn't help but think that the new CCTV I saw on the motorway just seem odd, theres way to many of them.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
They will be used for catching crime in action certainly....but they can be used for other motives, of that have no doubt.

Catching crime in action is the natural excuse for why they exist....but soon enough this may be just a by-consequence of something else.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
In one way there are good...I had my bike stolen and within the same day the police returned it to me through use of cctv, however perhaps if there were more police on patrol there wouldnt be such a need for cctv.

Edn

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
lol It would be nice if there were a few more police. Theres only 2 part time 9-5 mon-fri police protecting the 15,000~ people where I live. they don't even have a car.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edn
lol It would be nice if there were a few more police. Theres only 2 part time 9-5 mon-fri police protecting the 15,000~ people where I live. they don't even have a car.

We have one guy for a village of about the same size, he has a bike! Go catch that guy who stole my car.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
We have a policeman who covers several villages and towns....I think he has a car....alot of area to cover though.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
That England is the most survieled country in the history of the world. I watched a show on NAGO or something. God it was like there was a camera even in your own homes. I couldn't live like that. I surprised you all aren't more paranoid.

Edn

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I just read an article a couple of days ago about a company who track vehicles using CCTV calculate there average speed then send out fines if they believe there breaking the speed limit, I wouldn't be surprised if that is what these new CCTV cameras are for.

new topics

top topics

join