It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Shadow People: What Are They?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
For a long time, ive been told i was schizphrenic, and that is why i hallucinate. I dont do drugs, and never have so i decided that i was just schizophrenic. I see these things quite often, and for a while i just accepted it as hallucinations, even after having many horrible dreams of these.

Yes for most its out of the corner of your eye, and you look and think it was just a shadow or the way your eye works. But recently, its changed for me, i turn to look and there it is a shape somewhat standing there..

Well, i have now decided i need to buy a camera, to see if i am hallucinating and thats exactly what ill do..

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
prehaps it is a ghost or poltergiest. or mabee a phycic vamp, it all i can say about that thing is it is not good.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
My father sees them quite frequently, always out of the corner of his eye.
Malevolence has never surrounded the discussion of these "Mr. Blacks" in his case, but on Coast-to-Coast a few years back this phenomenon was discussed with some detail, some violent detail if I may add.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
All this is very interesting. It's a little scary too, but at least I can take comfort in the fact that I've never experienced ome.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
www.anomalies-unlimited.com...

Why would she just leave, start recording video for hours, then sit back and review that video FRAME FOR FRAME. I mean... the cances are so slim, I think that all der people that think it is real are all trying to please the other people, thus you end up with no believers and many followers. Why would spirits be about in a womans living room... MY SAY: its a bored person that knows many stupid people that will believe a fake image he makes...

EDIT:
There is also no reflection of the thing in the mirror on the first pic... o wait... i forgot... THEY ARENT IN MIRRORS!!! SILLY ME!!! its sunny out... i thought gosts dont like light... and is he running off to hell again in the bottom pic? THIS IS SO OBVIOULST STUPID IT IS REDICULOUS. WHICH IS MORE LIKELY... A WOMAN FEELS SOMETHING, SO RECORDS HOURS OF VID, THEN REVIEWS EVERY FRAME OF IT, OF A SHADOWMAN THAT ISNT IN THE MIRROR, BUT A CAMERA CAN GET IT...

Then when it sees the camera, it what... runs back to hell? why the f*ck do people believe in hell, but not in heaven? are they too fed up in their wanting to be special, and be the only ones to go against the "system" that they take the dumbest things and believe them? Try faceing this... aliens dont exist... ghosts and spirits dont go floating about randomly playing hide and seek... The world is not a big stage and only you know whats in back. seriously... these people are retarded.

Rant and rave, rave and rant. yall will hate me for speaking my opinion, but dont care if you hear what you want... Just stop being so ignorant to the ignorance.

[edit on 13-3-2005 by QuestionableEthics]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   
This is my first post here but i have been a lurker for quite some time. This topic is really interesting to me. Just last week my uncle was telling me about some time when he was about 19 he felt something sitting on his bed so he peeked his head out of his blankets and saw a man about 6 foot tall in all black with red eyes and a top hat.

Thing is my uncle isnt the sort of person to believe in things like this but this generally scared him even talkin about it now.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I also have been lurking on these forums for awhile but seeing this thread has compelled me to finally register and post. I posted the following on a couple of paranormal boards and got nothing in the way of a useful response, it seems like there is actual dialog regarding the subject here so I will repost it.

I have known about shadow people for some time but have never known how prevalent they are or how similar others experiences have been to mine and others I know until I started searching on the web after an experience I had recently. I have pretty much figured out that these events are dreams but they are not like normal dreams in they are incredibly vivid and realistic and occur as they are happening in the exact same location I happen to be in while I am dreaming them. They all seem to depict one of two different situations neither of which is pleasant and are both actually quite terrifying as, when I awake, I am often gasping for breath and quite emotionally shaken.

The first scenario is I awaken during the night and feel a presence in the room with me and am gripped with total fear. I am unable to move and suddenly feel a very heavy weight on my chest coupled with a very intense feeling coming from within. I get the feeling that something is trying to get inside of me and I am usually able force myself to wake up when this type of event occurs. If I am unable to awaken, I usually find myself rise off the bed and either start to fly around the room or something grabs me and starts swinging me around the room violently. Eventually I will wake up very shaken and notice that everything is ok and everything that had been knocked over or damaged as I was flung about in my dream is out of place.

The second scenario involves waking up at night, again, in the exact same location I happen to be sleeping and, after a moment, being violently drug by my ankles out from under the covers and flung around the room or drug somewhere else in the house and flung around. Usually I will eventually wake up and be in bed and realize it was a dream but, the last time it happened, I was able to somewhat keep my senses and control what was going on. Whenever the entity would fling me close to a door jam, I would reach up and hold on to the top so it could swing me around anymore. After doing this several times, I was able to kick free from its grasp and promptly ran back into bed and hid under the covers. At this pointc it again grabbed my ankles and tried to drag me back out of the bed but I grabbed onto the headboard preventing it from doing so. I then became angry and started cursing at whatever it was(it was invisible up to this point and just like some kind of force) telling it to show itself. As soon as I told it to show itself, a bald charcoal grey apparition appeared with only black holes where its eyes should be and jagged black hole for a mouth. It was semi-transparent but was incredibly strong and I somehow managed to get one foot free and kick at where its head was. At this point it dematerialized and was gone for the night(when these events occur they tend to happen over and over on a given night). I have had only one other event since this last one where I kicked it and it seemed to be stronger as I was, once again, able to do nothing.

I am usually able to pretty much fully control my dreams(I can fly away when in danger for example) and they have always been very lifelike but usually not memorable. In the case of the dreams involving what I am convinced are these “shadow people,” until recently, I have been at the mercy of these entities and totally unable to act in any way when these events were occurring. They don’t happen frequently(every 3-6 months about) but don’t vary in their intensity or realism when they occur.

The event where I was dragged out of bed and was able to fend off the shadow person occurred at our lake cottage last spring. The cottage has been in the family for over 50 years and was only the second cottage built on the lake. When we were children, my grandmother, father, and other relatives on my father’s side, would often tell stories about strange things that happened to them at our cottage. Some of these were totally peaceful while others seemed quite malevolent in nature. Recently, I started remembering having dreams when I was much younger(I’m a 34 year old database administrator now) of these events occurring while I was at our cottage. In these cases, I would be dreaming about being “attacked” at the lakes but, in reality, be asleep in my bed at home. I thought long and hard about talking about this with my brothers as they might think I was insane but, after bolstering myself with some liquid courage, I did so one night at the lakes – relating the story about getting drug out of bed and flung around the room repeatedly. When I did, my youngest brother got really pale and said that he’d had the exact same thing happen to him a few years before up there only he was drug from the couch where he was sleeping downstairs, up the stairs, and into the same area I was, and was also flung around by some invisible force. After reading other peoples accounts of amazingly similar experiences I am becoming convinced that these are more than dreams in some way. I just wanted to contribute my experiences in case there was anything useful for you to glean in your research of this phenomenon. I know other people who say they have seen shadow people and, by coincidence or not, all 4 of them have had near death experiences. I think these occurrences are much more prevalent then people think and that most people just don’t want to talk about them as they are afraid they will be ridiculed or won’t be taken seriously.

If there is any additional information which you think I might be able to provide that is helpful please let me know and I will do my best to provide it. Thank you for taking the time to read this as it has made me feel better just being able to relate this information to someone who might be able to help provide some answers.

[edit on 15-3-2005 by Necrosis]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Hi, this is my first post and I've been intensely interested in this thread... I'll admit right here and now that I'm what you might call an "open-minded sceptic" and that I've never had anything definitely paranormal happen to me (apart from a few instances I'd classify as strange). Nevertheless I'm open-minded to the idea these things do exist... In fact, I don't see why they shouldn't be possible at all.

I just felt the need to reply to Narcosis' post. It seemed to me that you're suffering from an extreme form on sleep paralysis. My brother suffers from a lesser form of the same thing and was worried that that it might be down to the paranormal/entities harassing him. I took a trip on the net and found out about sleep paralysis from this page www.arts.uwaterloo.ca... , which has given him great peace of mind. Since a lot of your experiences seem to happen in a dream/trance/sleeping state when you're in bed, this explanation came to mind... I'm not saying it IS the explanation, since I don't know all the factors of your experiences in detail, but you might want to check the site out and see some other people's experiences/explanations given there, they just might help you put your mind at rest.

Otherwise good luck finding out more about these experiences....

~ Anna Marie Raven

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
If anyone has read "Odd Thomas" by Dean Koontz these shadow people are refered to as Bodachs. These creatures hover around where people are about to be killed..the greater the intensity of the cause of death the more of them show up to witness it. I know its fiction but thought Id mention it anyway. Its a good read.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
ive seen these quite often, they freak me out probibly more then any other paranoraml phenomenon. once i went to the bathroom and when i came back i saw it just kind of floating in mid air then dissapear after about 3 seconds. it was probibly the best look ive ever gotten one of. i find that whatever they are their trying to warn us of something bad thats going to happen because evrytime i see one something bad happens within the next 2 days.

that or they cause the bad thing to happen who knows

[edit on 13-4-2005 by trust_no_one]

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hiya Necrosis, welcome to ATS.

Just to confirm with Annamarie, from your third paragraph it sounds to me that you also have sleep paralysis.

I don't know anyone that suffers from it personally, but I know that people often find themselves in the same situation as you do such as finding themselves aware of their surroundings but not able to physically move while noting another presence in their room.
In some cases this 'vision' is noted to walk slowly towards the bed and eventually 'sit' on the sufferer (which would explain your chest pains) and put its hands around ones neck (people often find marks on their neck where the muscle has tensed).

As for the rest of what you've stated, it sounds like a pretty bad case of sleep paralysis at that. :-/

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
one of these tried to attack my a older bro a few years ago.he told me he kicked at it and after that it went away.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I have never seen a "shadow person" However my husband's Aunt has.
The day before her 14 year old daughter died she saw one in the living room. She told several adult family members what she had seen. The next day, her daughter was dead as a result of a gunshot that was about 40% suicide and 60% accidental.

His aunt swears up and down that she always sees these before something bad happens. Several other family members on his side claim to have seen them also. He lives in terror of these creatures. His family is hispanic and they are very superstitous. They have holy water in the house at all times and bless the house routinely. He says he saw one in our house one time and that the dog saw it also. I personally think he just was having a dream where he thought he was awake, becuase he said the dog barked in the dream and I never heard it.

I have had several paranormal expirences and at each one, I had that creepy cold "spine tingleing" feeling. None of those expirences were actually bad... just odd and unsettling. I even have pictures of the family "ghosts" But I would not want to run into these shadow creatures whatever they are.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
So people.

What happens now!

Will this topic just be left alone to drift to nowhere, or will/has any research been done to further these shadow things.

Im on the hunt, this is going to be very interesting indeed.

By the way when I was small, I experinced what some would call, mind playing tricks. Or maybe I didnt!. But what I saw wasnt any of what has been described, (maybe I did and cant remember) but what I saw looked like a wolf which stayed with me for some time when I was young, the feeling I got was I suppose close to how the others on this thread felt, but again I cant quite remember.

One things certain if it was evil then its a good thing I left that house when I did. Oh another thing the thing whatever u call it, had red eyes.

I usually say study more, but on this occasion Im going to make an exception. Study at your peril, someone already on this thread said

BE CAREFUL.

Quite true. Im going to be. I just hope the rest of u guys on ats and your freinds and family do the same thing.

Stay strong, stay safe.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
its cool to see a thread still running from way before i joined.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I read this thread today for the first time and have to say it's attention getting. I started to read the book of Enoch later in the day and thought #5 seemed suited to the subject given some of the experiences.

2From them I heard all things, and understood what I saw; that which will not take place in this generation, but in a generation which is to succeed at a distant period, on account of the elect.

3Upon their account I spoke and conversed with him, who will go forth from his habitation, the Holy and Mighty One, the God of the world:

4Who will hereafter tread upon Mount Sinai; appear with his hosts; and be manifested in the strength of his power from heaven.

5All shall be afraid, and the Watchers be terrified.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Ever read the book Prey by Michael Crichton? It's about NanoSwarms. The pic in the original post in this thread, That's what they look like in the book. When people see these things do they hear any noises?

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Shadowmen...very interesting topic. I can tell you that I've had experiences with a certain type. It might have to do with the fact that when i was younger i lived in a very old house (it was one of the oldest if not the oldest in my hometown) I used to see many things there a spirit of a child, old man, and some guy that looked like a miner from early 1900's. Before the hosue burned down because of very old wiring (i think my parnets said they were going to get it rewired but they didn't have the money to) that was in place since the late 30's early 40's. The was also on bedroom that practically everyone in the house keep their distance. There was a definate bad vibe i got from that room and i spent only 1 night in there. I was completely terrified of that room thereafter. We lived in a small town and we didn't live near any major roads. The only street light that was nearby was on the lower end of the property and the light didn't shine into that specific room. Moonlight or starlight was the only light that shone in that room and either it cause the shadows to take horrible shapes or something happend in that room that wasn't very good at all. I spent 16 years living in that house and the funny thing is I really miss it. I dream of that house more then anything which is strange because my brother used to abuse me when I was a child. Well that is another strange story as well because I remember many night after my brother would beat on me that i would say i am gonna get bigger then him and he won't be able to beat on me ever again. Wehn i was younger i heard voices as well. Some reassurign some not so. Could of been my imagination at a young age could of been ghosts. My parents were religious, but not freakishly religious. My dad said he believed in ghosts and knew that the hosue was haunted but they really didn't do any harm to us. He said the fist time he met a ghost him and a bunch of his friends went into an abanded hotel. He said when they were looking around in the hotel a matress (full bed size) flipped up and pinned his friend and him to the wall. If you think that it was just some friends playing a trick on my dad , your mistaken. I have friends that can fully acknowledge that my Dad has lifted a log ( yeah a fallen tree) off the road more then one time. It took him and his friends to push that matress away. Well back now to the shadows experience. like i said that hosue was definately hanted. We had no AC in the house and it would get very cold in my room or the whole upstairs for that matter. Even in summer. Well after I moved out and went into the military i started to meditate to relax ( plus it was the only way to get extra sleep in bootcamp!) I kept doing that for many years and sometimes i woudl do it in complete darkness. Thats when I would see the shadow blobs come towards me. No entirely menacing either. Now I've heard voices before but usually because i lived in a house with a history. These voices didn't sound sinsiter but they sounded very strange. Almost liquid in fact. They mostly repeted to be no afraid of the darkness. The rest they spoke of was the way to summon them in need of help. From what i can understand they can help with pretty much anything. But be warned. even though they say they will help it costs a price. They will be in touch with you for a very long time and I don't think it ever stops. I don't fear them but I am worried about my daughter. She is only 3 years old and she is already saying scary window or pointing to shadows. Yeah most 3 yr olds are scared of shadows.. but when she was 2 she wasn't scared of them. Thats experience. if anyone wants to know how to summon them U2U me. But like i said they will be with you for a long time.

-Aza

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I would have to turn the offer down, on meeting shadow people.

I rather leave them alone to do what they do.

My experince was not nice. Trust, reality is stranger than fiction.

posted on Jun, 25 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Like you said its better to not get involved. Although i didn't have a bad experience with them I do not like them spying on me. and the fact they spy on my child. I can only hope that she will tell them she wants nothing to do with them.

-Aza

new topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join