It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Shadow People: What Are They?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
i dont know about these shadow people being real but have seen on two occasions shadows move across wall with no apparent source from the shadow but i need more evidence of these shadow people.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Shadow people are just one of a litany of possible theories for the things occuring in my house with my wife and child and I. Shadow movements out of the corner of the eye are quite common among my house, and one of my nephews refuses to sleep upstairs as a result of a sighting of a 'monster' (he will not describe it any further).

As to the original pics in the first post of this thread:

Notice the position of the sun coming through the large window on the left between the pics. these are shadows of objects in the room being cast on and around other objects in proportion to the position of the sun. Nothing more.

But shadow people exist. Really. I'm sure of it.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
At the time when I was introduced to these beings I was heavily into Hoodoo-Voodoo, and researching the black arts (since a young age.)
One of the few of my activities included interacting or calling upon these beings for protection and guidance, I'm not going into detail as to how it was done, but since that night the individual I was with and myself have always seen these beings. I cannot speak for my friend but I am telling you its not something you see out of the corner of your eye, or see off in the distance, its something right there. In your direct presence. although you feel as though its not in your presence.
I have watched them walk along side of me, they appear very physical although have no defining features, they kind of resemble what a perfect cutout would be, just a black three-dimensional cutout.
I haven't tried photographing them, it just doesn't seem like something to do. I don't bug them, they don't bug me. They appear whenever.
They give you a sense of safety although you still fear them. My personal thoughts now on them, are different. I'm not sure what to make of them or what they are, or who they are, or what they represent, I am merely aware of them now. Even the documentation I had on them when I was invoking them was very vague, and some of it was in another language.
Those images of them aren't exactly how I see them at all, perhaps thats what they do when you try to photograph them, I'm not sure.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I am another person who can vouch for the existance of these "things". I wouldn't call them shadow "people", because that implies they have a set human form, which they most definately do not. The first time I saw one was when I was about 6 or 7. I looked next to my bed and there was a shadow on the wall of a woman nursing a baby, clear as day. My parents are both sterile so no, this was not a shadow of my mum

After that it was quite a while before I saw any shadows, but since I had an OBE I have been seeing them on quite a regular basis. At first there was a HUGE .. blob. I described this on my thread asking whether what I had was an OBE or not. I most definately did NOT get a feeling of friendliness of peace from this thing.

I started trying to ignore it and after a few days it seemed to shrink in size to the point where although it still frightened me, it wasn't an overwhelming frozen with fear sort of frightened. Now, I mainly see this smaller blob (about 2-3feet in diameter) next to the bed of a night time, almost like it's watching me. I also see quite a few small shadowy shapes flit around the room, almost like they are playing. And no, it isn't my eyes playing tricks on me, as I try to keep a cool head and analyse any paranormal things that happen to me to work out what's all in my head and what's real. There was no possible source of light to cause these shadows.

Also when I'm on the computer I quite often see shadows flit across the monitor, like someone has just run behind me really quickly, but there's never anything there when I look around.

As with every other paranormal "thing" that I've seen, just accepting it's there and treating it like you would treat a normal person seems to keep both parties happy. They annoy me, I tell them to leave me alone or I just turn over and ignore them. They've never harmed me, although I think they've got the poops on one or more occassions (ie: the WHOLE house shuddering like it was suddenly dropped. this was verified on multiple ocassions by my ex-gf), kitchen drawers opening and shutting (never actually SAW it happen, only heard it happen), things being moved or disappearing only to turn up in some stupidly obvious place a week later (usually the middle of the lounge room floor...something obviously I would look at everyday so I would notice something laying there :puz

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I have had my experience with them. Terrifing, horriable, they sure made me understand the meaning of life. Dont care to ever experience that again and I pray my children never will. It took a few years, but after they made me "understand" the point they were trying to get across, never saw it again. Most say they are angels. With the lesson I learned I would not doubt it one bit. Actualy I believe with all my heart that they are. But if you are not on the straight and narrow and you dont know what is important in life they will go to any legnth necessary to make you understand.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I think that they are real do to personal exprience, the following are my thoughts of what they might be, and my encounters with them.

1. Inter-dimensional beings
2. Beings who live in a different dimension and have developed dimensional travel and are explorers (Perhaps humans from an alternat Earth like the many worlds theory.
3. They are aliens or humans from this earth with a form of either invisibilitie technologie dimensional phasing tech.

I have had encounters with these Shadow beings, saying that they are all the same thing,

Sometimes I'll have dreams that are very twisted, I do see things out of the corner of my eye (quite alot lately, so there is something there.)
I have heard voices three times in my life from out of nowhere (I was alone on one such occasion.) Two were physical one was mental (telepathy)
The last one was two years ago (I started experimenting with psionics around that time.) Anyways I'll tell you about them in decening order from the most recent to the first.

This is the one in which I was alone, I was practicing telepathy and all the sudden I heard a weird voice in my head, I dont even know what it was saying, (it wasnt english language it was) and all the sudden I saw something out of the corner of my eye, I turned around and for a split second I saw a black shape in front of the blinds (which the street light was shinining in through) and than it was gone.

My second encounter was when I was 11 (16 now) (my mom was asleep downstairs) all the sudden there was this weird kinda almost inhuman voice threatening me, needless to say I was scares $h!tle55, I hid under my blanket until it stopped the only other living thing with me was my cat, and he had his ears back and was freaking out.

The third time when I was six or seven (dont really remember which) I was in the car waiting for my mom whom was in Albertsons (I was in the parking lot of said store) the windows were rolled up and the radio wasnt on, so I know it could not have come from there, anyways I kept feeling like I was being watched, and all the sudden I heard this weird kinda whispering like when someone is whispering really low behind you, and you know there talking but cant here the words, anyway it stopped after a few minutes, I told my mom about it and she told me it was my guardian angels (Im an atheist by the way) I believed her until I became an atheist at 9yrs old,

Those are the only real eI suppose you could call encounters I've ever had that pertain to shaow people, I do feel like Im being watched alot , and every few days I 'll see something out of the corner of my eye.

I know its a long post, but I thought someone might be interested in my theories and experience with the shadow people.

Also I do hope I dont have another experience with them in each encounter I was very scared each time.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
i may of heard them and i might of seen them wasnt sure at the time what it was i heard but i heard what sounded like childrens laughter but it was twisted and because i was the only one downstairs at the time and no tv was on it scared the # out of me i didnt go check what it was because i was paralized by fear by this noise in any case i ran upstairs to my room and hid there frightend to death till i fell asleep i still dont know what it was.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I have personally experienced seeing and hearing Satan once, and then once hearing him and seeing his shadow, which I saw out of the corner of my eye.

There have been many times when I have seen something out of the corner of my eye like a figure fleeting by, and always over my left shoulder, and I wonder if it is my guardian angel.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
As a semi-professional researcher I can offer a little factual information on the subject. Yes, the shadow men do exist, yet "men" are hardly what they are. The term "dark" or "bad" or "evil" is a redundant term. You will have to trust me (based entirely on experiance) in saying, they are all bad. Yes, the old antiquated term "demon" is applicable. Now, what a demon is actually misunderstood, i.e., fallen angels, and a different subject in and of itself.

What is their purpose?
They have already accomplished their purpose. You are looking for an answer here in this wonderful web site, yet the answer is before you. Their mission is simply this, distraction. If a couple of shadowy pics from a web cam can result in a belief system, then the demons just got a bargin.

Hint: UFO's are very closely related to this subject.

Distraction from what?
The way, the truth and the life...(what comes next is the most important intell in the history of man)

Xon

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I think that this picture is a hoax. It is maybe a photoshop work or something like that. I really doent think taht the is Shadow People.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
First post to ATS. I'll fill out my credentials at a later time. I've seen and experienced the doings of the Shadows. I spent a fair amount of time living in Veracruz, Mex. as my inlaws are from there. There were on many occasions where I would see to my side a dark 'human' silhouette - usually in the corner of a room. At one time, my mother in law's husband did a double take as my brother in-law, my wife and then I entered the living room. Clearly spooked he said that he had seen someone following behind me. One night, a ring from a set (earings and ring) were missing frm my mother in-law's jewelry box. Everyone searched the house AND everyone looked in the box - the box itself was neatly organized with everything being held in place by clips. After hours of searching we looked back in the box and there it was, as it should have been. Kept seeing shadows for some time after that.
If you've ever been sitting and reading or laying in bed and hear a voice call your name - it's a shadow. It's one of the most intimidating thing you'll hear.
B

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I remeber this all happening a few years back. I opened a new topic about this in the paranormal section, because that is where this all happed a few years back. BUT I THINK THAT YOU SHOULD ALL READ WHAT I ADDED. This topic is very senitive and all let bad places a few years back. So for those of you who are interested in the Shadow People. You may want to carry this on under my topic, more because I began with an warning to the readers. I know that this might not make alot of sense but the theories here are very similear to theories of the past, ie malevalent spirts, emotion based, and so on. I just want to really offer a fair warning. Shadow People hit like a plague, I know alot about them now, however they are very misterious in nature.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
in the koran it mentions beings called jinns. theyre not sposed to be ghosts , theyre spose to be another race who lives with us in the same place but different time/realm, etc. apparently they can come into our world, they are sposed to be a whole race of em. theyre described by some people(middle east,asia) whove had contact with them as malevolent, manipulative and decietful.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
From my experiences, that sounds right to me too. However, I have never heard of them being called that, or that theory. Thanks for the info.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
are these "shadow men" completely black, emmiting/reflecting no light at all or are they kinda transparent like smoke?
@ those who have experianced it?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The one time I saw one was for a split second, it was sorta see through, but looked like what I imagine plasma looks like.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
i tend to be called crazy because of my past experiences. but i have met people on numerous occations that have seen,talked to, or even been driven crazy by these shadow people. i have had a experience with with shadow people in a daycare when i was about 8-10years old.there was a shadow that didnt have a body where the shadow meets the light that ran across the room and then knocked over alot of building blocks.there was no wind or a open window so it couldnt have been just blown over.but me and a friend were sitting there and it ran across the room and i heard a laughing sound(probly because im more in tuned with spirits than normal). my friend saw it to and saw the blocks get knocked over. when i was in a treatment facility for about 2 years (april26,02-october31,03 and then getting sent back till april26,04) i was always seeing shadows run around in the hospital. people had also died in there but the ghosts had a differt feeling when they were around but the shadow people had this evil feeling to them. there was a kid in there that always talked about shadow people. he was always being called crazy but i secretly saw them to and always at the same time as he saw them so. i have no dout that they are real and they may be evil they may be good but one thing for sure is they are real

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   
lol well, I don't know if this has anything to do with shadow people or whether it's some other force, but I quite frequently have happenings where I will put something down, walk away, and it will be gone. I will hunt the ENTIRE unit (it's only a small unit) constantly for a week with no luck, then one morning, I'll wake up, walk into the loungeroom, and without fail, there in the middle of the loungeroom floor, will be the thing that I spent the last week hunting for
Maybe a shadow person getting bored & playing games with me?

The latest example is a few nights ago, I walked into the kitchen, took a loaf of garlic bread out of the freezer, put it on the table, turned the oven on and went back to the computer untill the oven heated up. When I was on the computer I kept hearing bangs. There's a metal roof on this block so I thought nothing of it, writing it off to birds on the roof, or someone outside, or sounds echoing up the storm water drain running alongside this block.

However, when I went back to the kitchen to put the loaf in the oven, it was gone. I looked on the table, under it, around it. I looked all through the study, under desks, tables, behind doors, in all the cupboards, fridge, freezer, oven, microwave, even the bathroom! I've since gone through the entire unit cleaning it, and I STILL haven't found my bloomin' garlic bread hehe. And yes, I did check the rubbish & behind/between the fridge....numerous times
Simple fact is, the loaf has just completly vanished. After I'd discovered the loaf missing the banging sounds also seemed to stop....someone or something seems to enjoy playing lil mind games with me hehe.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Umh LordGoofus can you tell me if I'm right in assuming that the following things you said are what I think they are, thank you.
Unit=Apartment/flat
Loungeroom=Livingroom
Rubbish=Garbage

sorry if it seems like a stupid qeustion, but after all I am an american Yankee.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
hmm well heres something freaky that just happened. I noticed something out of the corner of my eye so i turn and look and it just seems like darkness. But then this dark thing leapt out of the chair i was looking at and vanished in mid air sort of like the picture at the begining of the topic. Scared the life out of me though and sent a shiver up my spine thats for sure.

[edit on 24-11-2004 by DarkFollower]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join