It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Shadow People: What Are They?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Greetings.

I too have seen these entities, in the corner of my eyes. And one time real close. The first picture that someone posted was a good one, this is really how they look.

I don't think they are malevolent or anything. I think there may be malevolent ones too, but I don't think they are all like that.

I saw a female shadow person once. It just walked through my room, but it was visible just a while. I think these beings are persons who are projecting themselfs from this plane or from another.

Since earth is multi-dimensional as humans too, there are numerous alternate realities, that may sometimes come close and these people might just shift place just for a while.

I think this has already happened to some of humans also, I remember reading a story about that. Describtions of astral projecting in the physical have quite a lot in common with the "Shadow" people.

But I think the explanation for these beings lie in metaphysics, in the field of multiple realities and the physics of the spiritual "Level", if that's an good word for it.

My friend has also sighted one, but it did not seem to realise him at all.

But interesting topic anyway.

BF.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
And also regarding thoughtforms, they could not be that, because thoughtforms are not sentinent beings.

Thoughtforms are created on a purpose, they are like machines that are programmed to do a task, but they cannot exist very long, because of the way universe balances things.

Discarded thoughforms usually vanish, because their energy dies or more accurately, looses polarity and becomes just energy, that is absorbed by the universe itself.

BF.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
If, due to our individual natures, of the shadows and light creatures, aren't in fact, people on an astral trip.

Each of us has a dark and light nature, and in that sense, whichever is 'dominate', we could further gauge as to how dark or how light we are...

Myself, I'm a dark person, but not 'evil' or hurtful, and I do have a tendancy to attract both dark and light individuals... so I guess, if others could physically see/sense me when I'm astral, I would be a lesser shadow.

Just an idea.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'll weigh in here.
I remember being visited by 3 beings (always 3) when I was 1 1/2 to3 years old at least 2 times, maybe more. Sat on the corner of my crib 1st time, corner of my bed the 2nd time (that I distinctly remember) just staring at me. Couldn't make them go away. Looked a little like elves, that was my only description until reading this thread and thinking about it again. This was over 45 years ago, not many memories stay that fresh! I was so young I had no way to communicate to anyone what I was seeeing.
Second "experience " was about 7 years ago, during "sleep paralasys". I was unable to wake myself more than a few seconds (only able to open my eyes then) but I could "see' the bedroom more clearly and detailed with my eyes closed than opened ,as I struggled to wake myself- in/out of conciousness. Hope this makes sense. I mean , only when I was able to open my eyes and move a finger or my head a bit ( to prove I was awake) did I see the room was totallly dark! Back "between states" with eyes closed I could make out every detail in my normal field of vision and a bit past where I shoud have..Not a dream, this happened over and over. As As i started struggling awake more often, about to come out of it, I heard to my right side and behind me a gutteral voice saying something I couldnt understand. Just for a few seconds though. As if i wasn't supposed to have been able to notice it at all. An accident? My state of mind at that point maybe. Then I felt something RUN across my chest , (on top of the covers) it felt like someone using their hand to imitate a spider running , come from direction of the voice and disapear. That was the last straw...I struggled to full conciousness and was able to sit up on the side of the bed. Oh, about the voice. That was the FILTHIEST,NASTIEST sound I will ever hear in my life...Period. And it was telling me something....
I know whatever I heard and felt is NOT good nor does it MEAN any good , that I KNOW.....
Just found this thread, and see I may not be the only person to have experienced similar occurences. Trust me I have no wish to investigate or communicate with these things, my gut feeling is BAD about them. I've also started reading the book of Enoch this weekend and I think that (so far) it makes way too much sense of these experiences.
I also had a friend who saw (along w her cousin) what looked like her recently departed grandmother in front of them. Same height and general shape, they could only make out her shadow ,though. I had come by to see her and knocked on their door a few seconds after the event; they were scared to death, asking me if it was their grandmother. I said no..All they could make out was a shadowy figure? Not good enough, and I don't beleive the spirit of a person is allowed to roam and visit after death.. There are forces out to influence us, that mean us no good. The Bible teaches me to leave these things ALONE, no soothsayers, no communications no need to investigate, because you aint talking to who you think, silly rabbits.
I'll be back to reading the book of Enoch tonight though. Too many answers to some of your (and my) questions seem to be in it.
Hope this doesn't sound too crazy; but don't doubt what I have seen , heard and felt ; what i've told you about; these are TRUE.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I totally agree with the idea that our minds maybe able to project these thoughts onto our vision, like say an illusion of sorts. I dont know where i stand on ghosts, i think just because there is lots of sightings does not necessirly always lead to the theory of 'it must be true therefore'.

I know one thing though, id be damn scared if i saw a ghost lol

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
has any of you try talking to this shadows? you should try because they can comunicate if they have something of importance to say or wich to tell, and hallucinations yes if a difference between hallucinations and shadow people and is that an hallucination is either due to some type of external influence like a drug or a very deep stressfull time in ones life, shadow pleople can appear at any time on life, some people like me has seen them all our lifes, sometimes after a streesfull time a door opens on our mines and they can come true I guess it has to do we what we believe when a person have a near death experience they tend to stop been afray of death and that opens that door.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I've seen black images in the corner of my eyes but I doubt it was one of these, as I�d be out of the house before I could blink. Has anyone tried fighting back, I mean not by using knives etc but some kind of way or another. I hope I don't see one of these and have faith if I do my guardian angel will protect me.

Bring the bastards, show them we arn't a scared of them.

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by Conaire]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
when some of this shadows do not look happy or shows looking like something from hell I just tell them to find another sucker to bother and they go away, remember if you are afraid they will stick with you but if you are not afraid they will not bother you, some of them have a very dark sense of humor.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This threads been dead for a while, so, to prevent any reposting:

Do any new or existing members have somwthing to add to the shadow person debate? Witness reports, photos, even just an opinion?
Are they beings on another plane of existence or aliens or the physical manifestation of human thoughts? Are they good or bad? Are they related to hauntings? Do they have intelligence?

Please consider these points for discussion.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Ok, those pictures are chilling. Even if they are fakes, they are extremely reminiscent of the real thing. I know this because I too have "dealt" with these "entities" or whatever you want to call them. I don't believe they are spirits of dead individuals, though I suppose anything is possible. They seem to feed upon fear, and become more tangible and visible the more frightened you become during an "encounter."

I think it is worth noting however, that most (not all) of the encounters I have been involved with, as well as those others I know have had occur, were while in bed. So there is always the possibility of a waking dream or hypnagogic state. The only thing currently keeping me from falling back completely on those explanations however, is that they were shared experiences.

Is there such a thing as a shared hypnagogic hallucination/dream?

If real, they are either extremely evil, or we are misinterpreting them as such. Whatever the case, they inspire (and feed upon) intense fear.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I have had experiences with the light shadow people often times i will be at a friends hous and i will look into another room and see not swirlin or sparkles but a white presence i guess and i can faintly maKE OUT LIMBS AND SUCH then they will look at me and just walk away. I dont know if it is just me or if this has happened to other people too but i have i guess what you would call a sixth sense of sorts. i cant see dead people like in the movie but has anyone ever been walking around in a place youve never been to or in a place you know well and there arent alot of people but you can sense other forms of life and such in other rooms or around a corner and youll look and there will be like an animal there or a friend or aquiantance and has anyone ever had the feeling that they KNOW someone is watching them not just thimk KNOW! I also think that i have had encounters with these shadow people i dont actually remember seeing them but i have a feeling i have seen them somewhere.

I have a theory about these shadow people as well. some people in this thread have talked about how the shadow people have told them things such as breast cancer and pregnancies ect. ect. but i think that these "beings" are manifestations of our sub-concious mind come to tell us either the future or what is not known to the weak human mind. People have said our sub-concious have powers we caN NOT even begin to fathom. These shadows may be our ability to tap into unused parts of our minds and retrieve information we never knew we had and mabey people are frightened most of the time because they cant handle the knowledge these manifestations want to give us that these people somehow have the ability to tap into the sub-concious but dont have the mind capacity and wisdom to be able to handle the knowledge and only the truly worthy will be able to save lives and such.

i was just wondering if anybody had the same thoiughs as me.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Shadow men have to exist.. Recently out of the corner of my eye I would see a black object that looks somewhat like a human crouched down on my floor moving very fast. Quite hard to explain but I have been seeing it recently.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
shh

[edit on 26-7-2004 by IXRAZORXI321]

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I will testify on my life I saw a shadow person. I was very young age about 8.
I will never forget it because it was scary. I beleive they are interdemensional beings. Honest They exist!

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I usualy get the feeling some one is watching me when I am alone, and I do believe I've encoutered these anomolies before. I for sure as hell know i've seen them lots of times in the corner of my eye....its like they know you see them but they don't give a rats ass that your seeing them lol. Couple of cousins of mine have had similar expierences aswell.

I also heard that if you leave your webcam on for days at a time you will be amazed of what it records.....you just might be lucky to record one in action. Im pretty sure it works to.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
check this out. Theres a book which deals with the shadow as our own dark side, parts of us we block out. I don;t know how relevent this is, but it sort of ties into the argument about the subconsious projections.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I personally think that they are dark/evil spirits.
Sylvia Browne said something, that I feel also to be true, that the spirit world, is about 4ft above ours, and most houses floors are roughly that, off the ground, so if one were sensative to these things, then it would make sense why we mainly see them in houses, and not out in the open, or on public transport, etc.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Ok I talked about this on another thread, but I am looking for suggestions on what it us I see. I see shadows moving almost everyday. Mine are always small, probably 1 foot high max ussually smaller. I will see shadows move up my stairs across the ceiling were the ceiling and wall meet and across the floor were the floor and wall meet. Almost always out of the corner of my eye I ill see something fast moving. The most vivid of recent sightings I was laying in bed with my wife and I saw an object move across the floor I looked right at it. It was about the size of a mouse, but I was positive it wasn't. I stood out f bed and bent over to it and it was gone. Now if it was a mouse it would have been there.
I never see anything big so it really isnt scary, a little freaky and it seems to be happening more often. any ideas?

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This is a creepy subject only because I am still trying to evaluate what I have experienced myself.

The first time I experienced a "shadow being" was about 7 years ago. I was in my small apartment, by myself talking on the telephone and I heard, felt and saw something coming down my hallway. Terrified, I dropped the phone. I slowly picked the phone back up and ran out the front door telling my girlfriend on the other end of the phone what happened. My neighbor just happened to be sitting on the steps and asked me what was going on. He helped me check out the apartment and there was nobody else inside but him and I! There is no way anyone could have exited through the sliding glass door because it was in my view and I would have heard it - besides it was too short of a period.

The second time was when I spent the night at my brothers house because I did not want to make a long drive home. I stayed in my nephews bedroom because he was gone for the weekend. I was laying in bed in that state where you are almost asleep, when a dark fog entered the room. I was completely parallyzed! I could not speak or move. I felt panicky and just then a priest was in the room too. He told me "say the Lord's prayer" and he kept saying the same thing over and over, but I couldn't! Then all of a sudden I started to say it (the Lord's prayer) and come out of the state I was in. My brother came running into the room and asked "what's going on, I heard a guys voice". He told me that he heard a man saying the Lord's prayer, but the creepy part is "I" was saying it. I am positive that it was the priest that my brother heard.

I have also seen them, occasionally on the streets and in the trees. Also, just a couple of weeks ago, I saw one walking in my house.

Now, the first thing I do is pray. I have blessed my house over and over because this thing is creeping me out. My beliefs are that they are demons. As soon as they realize that you have noticed them, they keep making sure that you notice them again. I totally believe in different dimensions - dimensions where maybe they can see us, but we don't always see them. It kinda brings a new light to the word "privacy" doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
On an earlier post, I mentioned that it was a fake photograph... many reasons as to why, but I have just found the proof...

Watch the trailer for the movie The Grudge with the sahdow person above the bed.

Look familiar?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join