It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Shadow People: What Are They?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Ah, come on, those pics are real. Their inscence just burned out in front of the camera but no shadow people.

[Edited on 8-2-2004 by Lorn]

ID

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I personally do not buy that this smoke has anything supernatural related to it. It is simply a coincidental pattern that happens to look like a person. As for the "shadow people" sounds a little too much like the boogie man for my tastes. It is gonna take a little more then clever pictures of smoke to convince me that they exist.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I posted a thread a few weeks ago on the EXACT same topic with the EXACT same pictures, nobody remembers?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ID

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I thought this sounded a bit familiar. I hate when people re-post existing topics, this has happened like 8 times with El Chupacabra.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I always go to "Search" to see if there are any existing topics on whatever I'm about to post and usually it already exists

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Morrison you should have been the one to check, this topic was started on 12/16/2003, your topic was started 1/27/2004.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
LOL I'll be damned

I swear I checked because I remember thinking "I bet this has been posted already" but I found nothing after searching for "Shadow People" "Shadow Men" "Shadow Beings" "Shadow" etc.

I wondered why this thread had more posts than mine, and nobody mentioned in my thread that it already existed

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Erm...what woul dhappen to the bodies of the "shadow people" after they died?

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
the idea is that they are already dead or exist on another plane/dimension, their bodies are obviously not "solid" ones like ours but could be made of energy, a form that moves much faster than us and maybe if it ceased to exist then maybe it just dissolves, I don't know

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Ooooh thats scary! I guess you could just extenguish these beings by eliminating any light, thus getting rid of shadows? They seem like ghosts to me.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
man, my eyes hurt, so I haven't read the ENTIRE thread, but here's my 2 cents:

I believe in shadowmen. I have seen shadowmen. I have interacted with a shadowman. And now, the rest of the story... (couldn't resist!)

When I think back, I remember knowing about my "little demon" way back in 6th grade. I have a wierd feeling he'd been around much longer than that, but I really am not sure. I remember laying in bed and seeing this short (about 18 inches or so) human figure standing by my closet. The wierd thing is that it was proportional like a full sized human, only smaller, and it was as if it was opposite of reflecting light... like it was absorbing light instead. Anyways, whenever I would see it I would get this feeling of protection. It was like it was there to keep me safe from things I couldn't see. If you know me and how I function, you would readily understand why I named him my little demon instead of my guardian angel or something.

Anyways, I just took it for granted and never really gave it much thought. I never even mentioned it to any of my friends because it seemed so insignificant. Sometimes I would be skateboarding in the dark and just get missed by a car or something and I would see him duck off behind the scenery. Whenever I would get an intuition to, say for instance, walk across the street instead of staying on this side, and someone would go plowing over the curb ( I would've been hit if I didn't cross a min earlier) I would see him. And the wierd thing is that I never gave it any thought at all that maybe he had something to do with keeping me safe. As a matter of fact I wouldn't even think about him.

Well, after high school I had told one of my best friends about him. Fortunatly D pretty much knew what I was talking about. When I was 19 I was eating at Shari's with a friend of my GF. There was a planter right behind me and a waitress booth on the other side of it. All of a sudden I felt this bonk on my head like someone threw an ice cube over the planter. Of course I jumped up to see what happened or who it was, then proceeded to look for the object. Nothing. Then I noticed the look on (Racheal?)'s face. I asked her what was wrong and she said I probably wouldn't believe her, so I started telling her about a ghost I used to go watch and stuff and she told me she swore she saw a black figure jump out of the planter onto my head and disappear under the table! Well, this definitly made me feel better... I know knew it wasn't just in my head. So, of course, I told her the story of my little demon. She is the only person that I know of that has seen him.

Later that year I moved to SLC, UT. I had some wierd stuff happen there, including visions of the future. As well, I was able to literally slow down time in my head (I was able to basically process about 2 hours worth of thought in about 5 seconds). Stuff went bad there... my life was being threatened. Long story about it, but anyways I moved back to Cheyenne and noticed that my little demon had disappeared. When I thought about it I realized that he was never with me in Utah, either. I have not seen him since. To tell you the truth, I miss him. I feel like there's this empty space in my life now... similar to losing a loved one.

So, that's my story of shadowmen... at least the most important one to me. I have seen others... whether they were a figment of my imagination or just light tricks, I don't know, but there is noone in this world that can convince me that they don't exist... sorry. If I had only seem glimpses of shadowmen with no interaction, I would still be open minded to whether they exist or not, but facts are facts. You can tell me there's water over there, but until I see and touch it I may not believe you.

btw... any insight into this would be helpful. Has anyone else ever had a 'little demon' of their own? I don't believe that I am the only one. I can't be that special, lol.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
This unofficial idea of levels or degrees of the "shadow men" reminds me of the idea of the levels of angels as mentioned in the Bible and Koran and according to Jewish tradition.
You know, Seraphim, Cherabim, Archangel, Thrones, common angels, not in that order and there's probably more than that, but perhaps, as far as demonic forces/entities go, maybe some have higher abilities.
As someone said, maybe one is a "pawn" actually putting these negative thoughts in one's head or tempting negativity, instead of the other way around. Then the other beings work off of or "feed off" that negative thought/energy that the person has given in to. And maybe other higher level spirits have the ability to possess, etc.
I think there are two worlds- obviously, the spirit or Otherworld and our world. Perhaps certain forms of residents of the Otherworld are allowed through and maybe some of the "ghosts" we see are those spirits bleeding through from that world.

Ugh, I'm gettin' a headache...

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
woah i was readin this thread an I have seen those things too...it was like 3 years ago when i saw them and they werent like the pleasent things you described them as....the one i saw was like 6 foot tall and had red eyes...it didnt do anything...i just caught a glimpse of it and it disappeared...i saw it in my house...kitchen to be exact...and all i know is that it scared the mess outta me when i saw it...

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
It looks like smoke to me.

ive seen tons of these craps its smoke

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Man I really hope all you people just did a little too much acid, cause all this shadow people # is wigging me out. With so many people collaborating that they've seen them, it makes you think. And the fact that some of you seem so adament that these things are actually demonic is creeping me out, and I dont even believe in christianity. But honestly you guys really need to examine the possibility of your mind just playing tricks on you. But seriously, do you know if garlic or silver bullets work on these dudes, cause I sure as hell dont want any shadow demons visiting me any time soon.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
A few years ago, when I was in... 1st grade I think, I remember waking up for school, and since it was winter it was still dark outside, therefore, there was no light in my room. It was very, very dark. The only light in my room was a faint bit of light coming from under the door since the light in the hallway was on. I knew my way around my room in the dark, so navigating wasn't a problem. I was headed towards the door, when I saw a shadow run by me. It looked humanoid, and it was either taller than me or about the same height. I don't know how exactly one goes about seeing a shadow in the dark, but I did, and I know it. Let me tell you, I was out of there as fast as my little feet could carry me.

Some time later (not exactly sure how long, a few months, maybe a year or two? I don't know), I was going to sleep downstairs one night. It was dark, not as dark as my room had been the first time I saw a shadow person, as there was a light at the top of the stairs. This time, I didn't really see the shadow person, but a reflection of it in the TV screen. Again, it was humanoid and running, just like the first time.

On another occasion (again, not exactly sure when), I was going into my room for something, when I saw another shadow person, who was running (they sure like running!) and humanoid. I wasn't in my room yet, but rather in the hallway. I saw it on the inside of my room and running across the doorway, straight at the wall. This time it wasn't black and featureless like the others were, though. Instead, it was like... white, pink, gray-ish at the same time. It was weird.

Maybe it was just my immagination being overractive. Afterall, I was pretty young.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Looks like nightcrawler "bamphing" in X-men 2

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I guess I will though my 2 cents in on this topic since it is something that I deal with a lot in my work. I'm new to this website but I really enjoy reading the forums. My name is Trent Brandon and I host a website called Zerotime Paranormal. I do a lot of ghost hunting and writing. Literally thousands of people write me stories every single year and many people talk about shadow people. When I first starting reading the shadow people stories I must say that I believed them to be fakes. The stories almost seem too outrageous to be true. But after reading so many stories over the years from different people all over the world what stuck with me was how everyone was telling me basically the same details. I�m going to include the entire passage from my book, The Book of Ghosts, on Shadow People or what I have named Shadow Builders. I will also include a link to a digital image of an artist rendering of shadow builders created from eyewitness descriptions. I have never seen the image posted at the beginning of this threat before but the flowing shadow looks very similar to the image in my book.

***NOTE*** While I am posting this information and story which appear in my book I would kindly ask that no one else uses this material on their website. I would also just say for the record that I have no way to verifying the story provided. I did my best to pick out stories that I believed were coming from genuine, credible people, but even the most sincere person can be a fake. This story is on par with all of the shadow builder stories that I received online.

The Shadow Builder

The shadow builder is a dark, mysterious, and intelligent phantom. Shadow builders manifest in the shadows of life. They are very intellectual and knowledgeable specters that can manipulate and control shadows. The best way to physically describe a shadow builder is a solid, walking shadow often reported to have glowing eyes. They are described as human-like in form, but still like a shadow that can flow illusively and quickly into dark corners. Their touch is icy cold like that of death.

People tend to first become aware a shadow builder's presence by seeing them out of the corner of their eye. Witnesses catch a quick glimpse of movement in the shadows. Most people who see them will put off their first sighting as an overactive imagination. The shadow builder's movements are fast and masked in the safety of the shadows. Real shadows give camouflage to this elusive phantom.

Shadow builders have their own agenda. Their needs and interests are kept secret. They see the world from a different viewpoint. Their supernatural knowledge gives them an advantage over the living. They can manage and influence the world around them to varying degrees. Shadow builders are very powerful and can be extremely intimidating. These phantoms could be working inside an unknown supernatural system or hierarchy of supernatural spirits. They are believed by some to communicate and work together with other phantoms.

Shadow builders are the enigma of ghosts. These ghosts are not tied down to a single location. They can be present anywhere at anytime. These phantoms decide whether or not they will communicate with people. They choose how they will communicate and what information they will provide. Shadow builders have been mistaken for angels, demons, time travelers, inter-dimensional beings, aliens, and even the grim reaper.

People who communicate with a shadow builder phantom will carry a strange friendship throughout their lifetime. At times, they may even come into contact with other shadow builders. Shadow builders can interact with the living and provide secret information about the past, present, and future. They know things that are seemingly unknowable because they are working on a higher supernatural level than other normal ghosts. They never offer the living access to all of their secrets and keep their real intentions hidden. Shadow builders offer a strange look into the shadowy world of ghosts.

The Story of a Shadow Builder

Thomas O'Connor thought that he must have been going crazy when he started seeing shadows moving and gliding around the basement of his home. His experiences started out very simple. During some spring-cleaning, Tom was emptying boxes in the basement. He kept seeing shadows moving out of the corner of his eye. When he would take a closer look, the shadows stopped moving. Nothing was there but dust and shadows. Tom finished the cleaning and went on with his life.

The phantom seemed to be most active in the basement. Tom still had not seen the phantom, but he had the feeling that something odd was happening in his house. Things remained quiet for a few months until Tom's wife ran up from the basement screaming hysterically. She said that she saw someone with red eyes staring at her in the basement.

Despite the weird moving shadows, Tom figured that the eyes were probably from a cat or wild animal that had gotten into the basement. He went down to investigate. He looked around the basement, but could not find anything. Then suddenly the shadows seemed to gather around themselves. In the middle of the shadows was a set of red glowing eyes peering back at Tom from the darkness. Tom knew right away that these eyes were not from a wild animal. His heart was pounding and he was utterly terrified.

Not knowing what to do next and not knowing what this monster was going to do to him, Tom started to slowly back up toward the steps. Just then, the shadows shifted. They seemed to build on themselves forming a human-like shadow figure. It was strange, but suddenly Tom felt calm and more relaxed. Some of his fear seemed to be lifted away. Just when Tom thought that his experience could not get any stranger, the figure spoke to him in a human voice saying, �Hello Tom, do not be afraid of me.� Tom was shocked, but he choked back his voice to ask, �What are you?� Its' reply was simple, �I am a friend.� The phantom went on to say that it could help Tom and his family. Then it disappeared without warning.

Tom explained to his wife what had happened to him. He told her not to be afraid of this phantom, but she would not go back into the basement and wanted to sell the house. Tom continued going down into the basement every evening to wash clothes for the family and to have long conversations with the shadowy being. They talked about philosophy, history, religion, and current events. Tom never felt threatened by the phantom.

Tom and his wife were having some serious marital problems because of their new visitor. She desperately wanted him to stop communicating with the phantom. On one visit to the basement, the shadow builder lived up to its' promise to help Tom's family. It told Tom that his wife had breast cancer. Tom went straight upstairs and told his wife. Sure enough, an examination revealed a malignant tumor in one of her breasts. The information provided by the phantom caught the cancer in the early stages and helped saved the life of Tom's wife. Tom believed that the phantom's information helped his wife get quick treatment for the cancer, but his wife believed that the phantom knew about the cancer because it created the cancer. Tom's wife filed for divorce and moved out of the house. Tom was left alone with the phantom that he still claims to be in contact with to this day.

Image of Shadow Builder:
www.zerotime.com...

Thank you!
Trent Brandon
Zerotime Paranormal
www.zerotime.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I have seen lots of shadow creatures. Most of the time I can see them with my peripheral vision, but if I look directly at them, they vanish. Most of them seem harmless, but I had an experience with one that absolutely terrifying.

I was lying on my bed staring at the ceiling, trying to sleep. I kept seeing shadows flit about the room. I had a small amount of fear, but not much, which was unusual because most of the time I feel nothing when I see those creatures. Then a huge black blob appeared by my bed and slid closer and closer toward me. I remember being frozen with fear, and even right now when I think of this creature tears fall from my eyes and my throat constricts. My memory has blocked out how this experience ended. I think the creature just disappeared right before reaching me.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
that might explain the thing(s) I saw in my school and in the bus and on the street...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join