It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Shadow People: What Are They?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SimpleTruth

I have seen supposed shadow people since the late 60's and I have to tell you that as a youth they terrified me. I saw them predominatley in my bedroom or leaving my bedroom. These sightings occured about six times until my Sophmore year in High School when the sightings escalated and I actualy did most of my sleeping (which was very little) on the couch. During this period it seemed that they (the shadow people) became very active and my Parents became convinced that I was not seeing things as they each had their own sightings. I left the house at seventeen and according to my Mom they left also.
The shadow people (or whatever they are) left me alone until about five years ago when one of my sons who is now sixteen started seeing these figures.We also had other things happen at this House that would indicate a poltergeist. My wife and I spotted a ghostly figure roaming the hall one night which convinced us it was time to move. We moved a little over a year ago and had not had any sightings until this last month. Now my sixteen year old sees these figure day and night two or three times a week. He is terrified and afraid to go to sleep! If anyone has any info on how to get rid of these ghostly figures please let me know! I could go into details about some of the things that happened in and out of our house but will talk about these at a later date!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SimpleTruth

Shadowpeople cannot be photographed, so people should not be asking for pictures of them. I have experienced shadow people for a long time.

They are supernatural, that does not mean good or evil, demonic or angelic, only that they are supernatural. What I like to ask is how someone feels when they see a shadow person. Do they feel fear, peace, calm, danger? When we experience the supernatural, it helps to record everything we feel and see. When you record it onto paper and save it, when someone else experiences the same thing, can they feel and see the same things you did?

What I think they are, supernatural beings who watch us and record information about us. I will even say this, we have all seen supernatural beings whether we believe it or not, or even realize it. You do not know that every person on the sidewalk is natural, you do not know that every person in the passenger seat of cars that pass you is natural or not, you do not know if all the people you see on airplanes, buses or trains are flesh and blood. You do not know.

The Bible says we entertain angels unaware, so if we are not aware of the flesh and blood nature of the people we interact with, we could be interacting with supernatural beings and do not even know it. But for the skeptical, the next time you drive down a street or walk down a sidewalk, watch the people around you. Sometimes you will see that some are not always what you thought flesh and blood actually are. When you pass someone in the store, pay attention to that little tingle or vibration that makes you turn around to look at them. Shadow people are everywhere, sometimes, if you are lucky, you will see them.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I've seen one about a year ago. I was leaving my bathroom when a mass of just straight blackness whooshed slowly past my door. It must have been 7 feet tall. My heart dropped and I froze in place, blinking about 5 times within a second because I was so shocked and it was gone when I walked out.

Slept like a baby right after.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Are you sure that they always take a humanoid form? My friends and I were out on New Years Eve a few years ago, and we saw something that was pyramid like in shape and it had a tail, it was pitch black and moved very quickly, it was bigger than my cat, so I didn't think it was a rat or anything, but then again I was about 5 feet away so I couldn't get a perfect look at it. Just wondering if this is a case of mistaken identity or the real thing. Please tell me anything you know.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
my first experience. with this was 2012. just felt like i was pinned to the bed after a nightmare. did some research and decided it was ps until many of the same experiences over awoke to a dark shadow over me as well as being pinned to the bed. as i looked at the shadow it retreated as if light was coming. not scared of it, curious to know more. any advice on how to accelerate happenings?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Could be extra dimensional beings

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by soothsayer

I have come into contact with a type 5 that
You specify, when i was younger.
It spoke to me my name i saw it, it saw me,
I screamed and it ran into the wall and vanished.
It gave off an extreamly fuzzy sensation that
Made all the hair on my body stand up like
Static, and thats when i heard a whisper...(my name)
I cant recall its face but like u said i felt it had eyes.
I looked right at them.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jrr653457

Embrace the light, its what keeps you safe.
And i cant stress enough to NOT seek it.
I dont think what ever you are experiencing
Is a good thing, it has happend to me before.
And what ever "it" was. Was trying to get inside
My body or something...it put its hands into my
Chest. Loud wind noises. Then bam i woke up.
Like you said i couldnt move the whole time.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by redman13

I am almost convinced that they seek
Select people and follow them.
As of right now ive never been harmed.
So i cant say they are evil, or good, because
They do give an omnious feeling to your body.
Im just shooting in the dark...but maybe
They are like one person suggested before,
Multi-dimensional Observers.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I really have no belief one way or another in the 'spiritual' world or whatever you want to call it. I'm more inclined to think that people's souls are not left to roam after they're gone actually.

That being said, I did see something when I was about 12 or so that I cannot explain (this was about 15 years ago). I was in my bed, not even close to falling asleep yet. I looked over and saw a figure, complete, limbs and all, extending an arm to touch a globe I had on top of my desk. It was dark, but see through, almost static-like. It was just for a quick flash, maybe half a second.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Hmmm... It sounds to me like there's probably different types of shadow people. Which, I suppose could make sense. If they are from an abutting universe/dimension like some of us think, then there's reason to believe that they're not all going to be the same.

(I'm also thinking that this nearby universe/dimension is where some of our other paranormal friends go when they're not here. Like the fae, some cryptids, who knows what else. Or it could be a different but also adjoining universe/dimension... which could explain why they're so elusive!)

The protectors - the type that are kind, even benevolent, helping us.

The neutral - they just are. Neither kind nor unkind, they roam around, sometimes only partially aware of our existence, or perhaps mildly interested. They don't mean to scare.

The above two, I think I'd refer to more as 'Shades'. Once you get over the initial 'eek' factor, they're not so bad to be around.

The not-so-nice - the ones that are mean, negative. This is the type I most encountered back when I was living on the other side of the country. They can be violent, mean and nasty, but don't necessarily go out of their way to do really horrible things constantly.

The truly evil - the type you really don't want to encounter (and my sympathies to those who have). These things could be compared to demons, and their mere presence evokes strong emotions of fear, dread, hopelessness. They emanate an aura of pure hate and evil. It scares me to think about what this type could be capable of.

What I noticed... was like others said, their bodies weren't really 'black', more 'absence of light and colour' and their eyes didn't glow a specific colour, they were just... 'glow'. Don't know how else to describe it.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Prysm

As I laid out in my thread:
ATS: Shadow People: What do they do?

There is strong evidence to support the theory that Shadow People are some type of species that lives here along side us. This "Shadowing Effect" that they seem to have may in fact be a survival technique. It really appears (from what I've seen with my own eyes, and through reports of others) that it's a camouflaging skill not unlike a certain octopus.

While we seem to think that another intelligent life form evolving here on earth seems a bit out there. We do need to remember that we haven't been around here all that long (relative to the age of the Earth), and any life form that may have been around longer then the 65 million year mishap (you know the one that took out the dinos) may not be recognizable to us.

I'm not going to debate if these Shadow People have been around that long, or not but rather just use that year as an example.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: theeggman1999

I recently had quite the strange experience two nights ago in falling asleep in my basement. The house I am living in isn't a very old building at all. With this being said it brings up the question on if these 'Shadow beings' can be attached to older objects as well as older buildings and structures.
I fell asleep two nights ago in my basement with a stairway light on by accident. I had a dream of a linear landscape that stretched forward twisting like a humongous strand of unlinked DNA. On the land were several houses and various structures, new and old. In the surrounding sky were distant blotches in constant motion that changed from rainbow colored to greyscale on and off. This is the 3rd occurrence of this strange landscape in my dreams. I enter one house and a house party is going on with strangers i've never met before. after maybe an hour every single person in the house starts yelling and turn to dust and i run out before the house collapses in on itself. I hear a noise and run to the next house. Inside it is pitch black and no lights seem to work. I hear rummaging in the basement and go down the stairs to find it dark, damp and covered in cobwebs. Suddenly a short, grey alien looking thing steps out into the middle of the deserted room and then becomes hazy to look at as if a person was being censored on a television screen. Then i get a horrible headache and the entity begins speaking in a male voice. I cannot remember exactly what it said, but i didn't like it at all and grabbed the nearest object and stabbed myself to try and wake up. Suddenly i hear it say, "Where are you going? *laughs* I'm not going to let you wake up yet. I need you." As I heard the being say this I am staring up laying on my back with my eyes wide open looking at my basement ceiling!! Still hearing the voice speaking to me in my head as if I were still dreaming! It startled me and I tried to move to get up, but I couldn't. My body was paralyzed and I began to panic silently and lie there limp. Only able to move my eyes. I heard the voice laugh twice and then i closed my eyes again and found myself back in the dream again with the entity standing very close to me. Then i bolt up the stairs and run out and my dream continued for awhile, but eventually I awoke.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   

a reply to: BlackVenomMan
In the surrounding sky were distant blotches in constant motion that changed from rainbow colored to greyscale on and off. This is the 3rd occurrence of this strange landscape

others have also reported these shadow people on strange greyscale landscapes ...

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join