It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Shadow People: What Are They?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Ugh, I hate being not believed. It hurts my ego.
I'm a star student and really good at science, and will always throw a logic-bomb at my adversaries to stop them in their tracks. That's why I can't tell them these things because I might become less credible in their eyes.

But I believe you!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SimpleTruth

Hello everyone new member here, I have never had anything paranormal happen to me but I love the subject and Im always reading or watching something about it. The discovery channel's A Haunting had a episode where ghost hunters were investigating a graveyard and some members encountered shadow people there and where chased by them and one ended up being possessed and had to have a exorsim perfomed on him. so that would suggest demonic, I have also heard stories where people have been chased in thier own homes by giant shadow hands and other stuff as well. hope I have been helpful and great subject

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JabbaTheRob

If you haven't already been welcomed, Hi!!^^
Shadow hands are really crazy... I think they've released a movie about shadow hands in the J-Horror genre but I'm not sure. Not that I'd have the guts to watch it.

I knew I shouldn't have come back to this thread at practically midnight... still have to finish a 15 paragraph essay that''s due in a few hours...

Now it'll be that much harder to fall asleep.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
For some reason this subject has always fascinated me as well. I honestly don't know if there's anything to it. Perhaps it's some new, as yet undiscovered or unquantified psychological phenomenon. Perhaps it's a literal occurrence. Perhaps it's based on tricks of the mind in combination with tricks of light and shadow. Who knows for certain?

The uncertainty and the unknown is what makes it attractive and fascinating to me. I do know I trust my friend implicitly and his honesty, so whatever he experienced, at the very least - at least to my personal satisfaction - was real to him. Whether that means it was real objectively or not, I can't say. I have no way of knowing. I only know I hope I never experience something similar. I would be scared to death.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
These so called shadow beings are demons as they of the darkness, that's why they appear black in color. In contrast angels are beings of light so they would appear bright and white in color.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I think Shadow People are inter dimensional beings who we happen to see as shadows. I think the Shadow People themselves may see us the same way. Shadow People act scared and leave usually when People see them.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I enjoying reading all the different views on these beings , . A few years ago they became a part of my life peaking after several ufo sightings in a close time period ( not saying it was ETs ) just stating it was unidentifiable to me odd shapes , no sound and some of them extermally close to me with other people present . But anyways

I saw these shadow beings walking across the road at the neighbors house way from ours not paying attention to me I've walked through the house and saw them standing beside the bed looking down at my wife I've woken up and saw them standing beside me I've sen basket ball perfect round orbs float through the house more than once & my wife saw it also one morning before I ever told anyone I had saw it , I saw them shapeless fly through the house , I saw one about 8 feet tall out by my dog lot with huge big glowing white eyes that moved off to the right and just disappeared ( by the way I can find no info on in a few tears now because of the eye color only ones you ever hear of is red if you see their eyes at all , in fact that one out of all is the only one I ever saw the eyes of was this one .

The only thing I've ever felt is like someone watching me but as someone stated once you see them they just disappear I never thought I had negative feelings at this this time when this was going on it seems to have stooped now and I'm in a worse spot as being ill tempered and not being as able to control my negative feelings . As always I hope we can get more out of what we gather from each others info .
John

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Like I've said before, I think that they are just thoughtforms. And thoughtforms also need energy to survive. The energy that they feed on is negative emotional energy, of which fear is the most powerful one. And what easier way is there to get food (fear) than keeping people terrified of you??

I think if all people would stop being afraid and stop feeling the emotion of fear, these beings will just disolve into "nothing". But I think I'll see pigs fly before that...

[edit on 28-6-2010 by kentuckycowboy2]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I can see your point I once read a physics page that said a newly passed on soul could appear as a dark shadow , I don't remember her explanation or the site for reference but just remember coming across it during my research when this was going on with us it went on strong for about a year and a half then just stopped . We never paid them much attention or acknowledge them so I don't know if they got done with their job or got tired of hanging around or what it might be .
John

Originally posted by Forest King
i cant believe other people have experienced these people, i used to call them guardians.
only saw them from about 5-13yrs old. they used to watch me sleep, most of the time i would wake up to them, there were 3 of them they each stood around me 2 at my sides and one at the end of the bed, one was the leader or head of the group, they were only shadows, now faces, but full figures, seemed like they wore full bodied hooded cloaks. if i woke up and was startled and jumped up they would vanish, if i lay in bed and didnt do anything they would stick around, although i rarely saw them move. i used to have an abussive brother, there were 2 occasions were they gripped his neck in his sleep, he said he had a great weight on his chest and couldnt breath. they never hurt me, i felt comfortable with them, they left me when my brother was kicked out of home, havent seen them since.

they are good... beings? i guess you would call them beings. treat them with respect if you encounter them, and send my thanks.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by KromeDragon

That is a good question because I have had experience with several kinds aprox 41/2 feet , aprox 6 feet , aprox 8 feet , black orbs & shapeless blobs I think they are all the same and can take different forms because I just don't think there would be that many different things interested in me or my family at that particular time we are nobody important that I would know . Oh and yes all these forms other than the 8 footer I only saw once can be quick .
John

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I've often heard this myself but at the time our experiences was so frequent this was not the issue , but at this time it is but I have not sen them in a long time nor have I had the feeling of being watched when up late at night before going to bed , I'll just watch and see if they return . I'm still working on the unwanted issues though .
John

Originally posted by kiliker30
ive expierenced an encounter with a such "shadow man"..and he definatly knew my name...but i have some kind of theory on this...at the time i had seen him in my house alot of bad and negative tension between my family was going on...i wouldnt really call it a ghost...but i strongly believe this was either a result of the major build of negative energy or it was some kind of evil resident who decided to feed off of it....id like to hear what anyone has to say about this...in anyones experience..was there also nagative things going on?~Kiliker

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by unamused

I know this is very old but maybe you are still looking , you might search you tube for shadow beings try and find Hedi Hollis there she has videos ans a site dedicated to them . You will find there have even been such as shadow mice been seen .
John

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I think it looks a little fabricated, although I do believe shadow people are real due to my own expieriences wich I bieleve would go under the "shadow people" catagorie.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by jessicarabbit493]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
dude that picture is just creepy keeps me scared just looking at it! i believe i've capture one of them on a camera picture before, i can't post yet here but i'll link it instead. let me know what u think

it was a long exposure testing night photography on a new camera this showed up thought it was dust on the lense but nothing, not sure what to make of it

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Hi everybody. I've just found your site after doing a search on shadow ghosts and read through your experiences and theories. I would like to recount something that happened a few years back in a rental unit I used to live in. At that stage my girlfriend (now wife) lived interstate, so I was most often alone at home - except when she would come over twice a year for a couple of weeks at a time.

Now, the lounge room was along the passage from my bedroom, and while sitting on the couch watching TV, I'd often get the feeling of being watched but discounted it owing to my science background, and cynical/skeptical about the paranormal. Then one evening when I was lying in bed reading. From the corner of my eye I caught a fast moving shadow running/flying? from my walk in closet and out the bedroom door. Again I discounted it as a figment of my imagination. A few more similar incidents happened in the bedroom after that (nothing exceptional). One night, after frying steak, I went to open my bedroom door (which I closed earlier to prevent the smell of frying steak permeating everything). As I opened the door this short (3-4 ft) high shadow was right in front of me in the bedroom. It rushed out the door (from inside the room) and went through or past me.

A couple of days later my girlfriend visited and after I went to work she had a bit of a morning lie in. She phoned me later in a state and told me that she was in a half slumbering state when she felt the bed sag as if someone sat on it. A voice said "hello beautiful". After that she wouldn't lie in bed once I left. I must add that I never told her about my "sightings" before or after this as I didn't want to frighten her.

On another occasion shortly after she went home, my parents visited and stayed at my place. One evening after I returned home after work, my father (who is as cynical as me) said "your place is haunted". When I asked him why, he mentioned seeing a shadow rush out of my bedroom and into the adjacent bathroom. I had never told him of my experiences either.

Once alone again I started saying Psalm 23 out aloud whenever I felt them and soon after that, the "sightings" ceased. We've now moved.

I'm still largely cynical, but something definitely happened to 3 of us independently, so maybe there is something in out there? Maybe the convict suffering in Australia's past has some bearing on this? (we live in Australia)

Thanks for reading.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Hm... These shadow people seem too much like ghosts. I've had a similar encounter, but I was younger and the only other people that saw it was drunk, but I'll tell you anyway.

We lived in Pryor, Oklahoma in a trailer on the outskirts of town. Mom was in her room all the way in the back. I was in mine which was the first door in the hallway, and my cousin was in the room in between. I was in bed and I saw a very tall erm... shadow man step onto the side of my bed. It was so heavy I went sideways and saw "it" was totally dark... I thought it was mom or my cousin, but in the morning mom and my cousin were talking about a tall shadowy figure(thought to be Indian lol) It was standing right in front of mom's door, and from the middle room my cousin saw it and he lunged at it. I guess it just disappeared, or something.

Sounds sketchy myself, but it really makes me wonder.

Not related to the above situation, but my (great)grandma's house was haunted by my uncle. Apparently him my grandpa and one of their friends went out drinking. It just happened to be my grandma's birthday, and he come home went up stairs, then come back down and only said "Mom" then he died of OD. Vodka + Valium. Anyway... he seems to be reliving that day all the time, you'll hear loud drunken footsteps going up and down the stairs and occasional hear noises in the dining room where he died. It's been put off as foundation noises or just it being an old house.(built 1905)

If we have souls, then somehow they must follow some laws of science, but I think we're just not there yet to truly explain the "paranormal"

Don't know if it helps much, but I've experienced sleep paralysis. There's an extensive history of epilepsy in my family, and I've just contributed it to a minor seizure... Although It's never happened while I was conscious. Any explanations except the ones I've provided? lol

[edit on 5-8-2010 by DavidN]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I think they're actually people in other dimensions, crossing into ours. I don't even think they realize we are there. I find them very spooky because I have no clue what they are, and plus they're just spooky, but I don't think they're necessarily evil or dangerous. But I don't know for sure that they aren't.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
Well, it's either smoke or it's shadow men. There's no such thing as shadow men so.....

If noone knows if they exist or not how can you say definitively that they do not exist? ANSWER ME V.v

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I think the things that I have seen over the years were a sort of "bleed-thru" from another dimension. I never felt threatened, and I had the sense of watching a snippet of a movie, kinda'.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
These are great stories, very detailed. Thank you. I myself have seen 2 shadow entities -one humanoid, and one cat...the details of which are no more spectacular than any of your experiences. Perhaps I'll share them later. Regarding what these shadow people actually are, here's a concept that might explain their perceived nature as a nonmaterial shadow.

Reality itself is made up of various frames, or universes, that we travel through naturally and obliviously from day to day, moment to moment. While you were reading this you proceeded through countless 'universes' so fluidly, you didn't even notice. This 'flow' is due to the particular rate with which you are able to experience your reality. Some experience the flow through time and space at different rates compared with others. Of you were to slow down this framerate to a flicker - to a mere blinking- you would see reality/what lies inbetween/reality/inbetween/reality/inbetwen. The 'inbetween' is another realm entirely infused within our own. It is the gateway to all other realities or possibilities.

Our experience is mainly locked on to a certain rate which is 'in-phase' with our consciousness. There are presumably those existing elsewhere that have mastered the art of altering their phase of experience to visit parallel realities, for what reason I don't know - perhaps as tourists. They are in fact out of phase with our reality and appear only partially visible. The shadow is what's left once our visible frame blinks on and there's blinks off. Given they have the ability to do this, I'm sure they've also succeeded on broadening what of us they are able to see and experience.

So yes they are interdimensional travelers, but more specifically could be referred to as 'in-betweeners' or Phase Interference Travelers...

[edit on 5/8/10 by Evasius]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
There are presumably those existing elsewhere that have mastered the art of altering their phase of experience to visit parallel realities, for what reason I don't know - perhaps as tourists. They are in fact out of phase with our reality and appear only partially visible. The shadow is what's left once our visible frame blinks on and there's blinks off. Given they have the ability to do this, I'm sure they've also succeeded on broadening what of us they are able to see and experience.

So yes they are interdimensional travelers, but more specifically could be referred to as 'in-betweeners' or Phase Interference Travelers...

This is my opinion.

The human 3D world is broadcasted on a frequency just like a radio station does. There are many entities living on other frequencies as well, but we normally dont see them. They are not really travelers. We just pick up their frequency for a very short moment, just like when two radio stations are broadcasting on frequencies that are very close to each other. You get interference. So this can be seen as interference.

Food for thought.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join