It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Shadow People: What Are They?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Wow, this thread is from 2003. Any way, my son who just started a new job with his wife in another city were lodging in the companies corporate housing facility. They only been on the job for a week now.

One night his 5 year old daughter woke up and began screaming. Every one than woke up and the kid was crying and screaming about a shadow standing over her dad next to the bed. She wasn't dreaming because she woke up and looked over to her dad and seen the thing.

The kid said the shadow was standing there looking down at her dad and it was touching his lips. The kid made a real fuss about staying there and wanted to leave. When they went to grandmas house and were getting ready to go back to the corporate housing, the kid screamed and cried not to go back there. He said they had a heck of time to get her to go back.

Than my son tells me when he was a kid of 10, he also seen a dark shadow in the room he and some other family members were sleeping in. The three were sleeping on blow up mattresses on the floor and he woke up because it was extremely hot in the room. Looking over at his cousin, he said he saw a dark shadow moving in the room and it stepped over the mattresse his cousin was sleeping on. He said he screamed and the shadow crouched down as if to become stealthy but he could still see it there.

He was yelling for his cousin to get up because a shadow was creeping over him. So with the shadow being taking a crouched position when my son first screamed, seems to project these entities are aware of the instance they manifest themselves into our realm.

I also seen these shadow entities back on the 80s in an apartment I was renting. It was a small black glob forming in my perhiperal vision. If looked straight onto the form it vanished. I thought it most closely looked of a black cat and moved about. I never told anyone and I acquired a girl friend who decided she must move in. With her came a kid.

Her kid one day tells his ma, he wants out of there. When she asked him why he began to tell her about a black cat like form he was seeing all the time. Of course she tells me this and I go Ok, and I begin to tell her, I never told anyone this but, I also seen this thing. This really creeped the kid out and he moved out. The girl friend stayed but was even more creeped than the kid.

Than in 2003 and on, I see these figures standing around my bed when I would lay down for the night. they would move around and one even bent over the side of the bed and smiled as it looked into my face.

These entities looked as one would see the world reflected in a store window during daylight. Than, at night when I am sitting in my recliner looking at tv I will see a figure looking threw my windows at me. When I look to see what is moving there, it pulls back from the window and steps back from view.

I have spirits all around me.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The last year the company I work for moved my team over to a mostly unused building. It is a retired call center, so we still had all the cube walls and equipment in it, just no people. Most of my team works during the day, I stay at night to monitor the existing business in the building across the street. Every night, about 8:30pm, I would see a black silhouette move across the half door to our row. It is about 6 feet tall, and always moves from left to right. Over the course of the last year, I have seen it about 80% of the nights I was at work. On several occasions, I have seen either the same or a similar shape moving along other walls in the building at different times. At 8:30, I'm usually the only person in the building, but a few times some of my co-workers were still in the office. One co-worker came in to work at night, stayed until 3am, and ended up seeing the shape moving along another wall about 1am. He talked to me the next day about it, which was good because I had not told any of my co-workers about my experiences. I figured that I was probably going crazy and left it at that until it was experienced by others.

I'm not sure this was a shadow person. All I know is that it was roughly a man-sized silhouette that seemed to move under it's own influence. It has been seen by other people. When I first started seeing it, I experience a sensation very much like a panic attack. Several times I ended up leaving work early without logging out of my computer due to an overwhelming sense of fear. My wife would get calls at night because I needed someone to talk to. I'm not easy to scare, so when I told her I was actually scared to be at work, she would start worrying. My co-worker who saw it at night also had a near panic attack and called his wife that night. The company gym is also in that building, and in talking with people, I've learned that many people who worked out alone or nearly alone in that building would have panic attacks or just an overwhelming compulsion to leave quickly.

The company moved my team back to the main building a couple weeks ago, and I haven't had any of the same experiences in the occupied building. When I go to the gym, it's usually at 8:30 - 9pm and I still see the shape 3 or 4 nights a week. It is easier to see with peripheral vision than straight on, but if you know when to look for it, you can see it straight on. I haven't tried to take a picture of it as cameras are banned at my workplace and frankly, I'd rather not risk my job for the sake of visual proof. I'm not sure why I'm typing out my experiences here, this is more for me than you I'm guessing.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Peepers

Wow the shadow person actually crouched and tried to be stealthy? Haha sounds like a ninja or something, ur lucky everybody wasn't killed. I had a similar experience. I'm a night owl and once when I was heading upstairs to sleep at 4 in the morning, I see this tall black figure peering out behind a wall at me. I literally froze for like 20 seconds because I was too afraid to move. It darted away after a few seconds and I ran to the corner where it once was. Nothing there.

It could have been a sleep deprived hallucination, but it felt so real to me.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I'd been thinking a lot about registering today, then I looked through this particular forum pretty thoroughly and thought I would give testimony to this phenomena.

My experience is near-identical to that of the opening post on this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

6 or so years ago I had the third and worst encounter I've had with a shadow. I call it the black shape. The word 'shape' seems obvious and oversimplifying, but it was righteously kinetic in appearance. I had a sensation in between being asleep and awake, and something was coming..and then it was there, with no time passing.... black mass, easily visible in total darkness.... the feeling it put out is comparable to perhaps going deaf, but with all of your senses. There was, as has been documented by a few posts very similar to mine, a voice, and it was nothing like what anybody has ever heard. It shriked/hissed/screamed/emenated a sound in some communicative way that might partially be described as a small child burning alive and amplified with knives..and I percieved this as 'noise', but I understand it was not as simple as an aural sensation. I was stricken, and I did speak the name of Christ, mentally, and the real world was the real world again. However, this WAS real. I was merely in between consciousness, and it appeared to me, demanding of me. I have kept my Bible extra close to where I sleep since then; one may call it superstitious, for me it's a symbolic comforting, and if it had been you, you would also be needing comfort. It has not returned since.

I don't know if I would describe the black shape as 'haunt' or a ghost. I also WANT to say it's one of many, but things are not really the same where that realm is concerned, it's not as cut and dry where I would be ok saying there are such and such amount the way I would looking at a group of people on the street. It seems to me there is some kind of unification in form or purpose or whatever it is that makes it 'it', but that 'it' can also be 'many', out of necessity, but for all intents and purposes, it is a singular encompassing thing. It does seem many people have had experiences with it/them. Also, I want to emphasize the word 'emptiness' when talking about it. Maybe void is a better word. Consider the possibility of something evil, yet without malice or regression from good. We approach evil as the opposition of good, but try to think of it as self-sustaining, challenging the definition, as if there has never been good in it or with it, as sure as water has never been dry. That will help to understand my experience the said entity brought to my awareness.

Indeed...to branch out for just a moment... one of many reasons I consider 'hell' to be an 'un-state', a bastard of physics and spiritual lore that humans will never fully solve or understand, the literal seperation from God who IS in all things. To join or inherit it, the torment that is so rich there's nothing to define it against, existence without existence, and so forth, and so forth. That might not sound too 'eventful', 'colourful', or 'exciting' to bells and whistles Christianity, but for me that's the best and most sensible explanation of what awaits some. *We* have no idea what it's like to be out of God's presence, even in the worst of situations in the realms, God is there...the infinite energy of what Is, is there. Without, it would be like existing without blood or oxygen, the literal living death. It goes without saying I never want or intend to be closer to the feeling then where I was by witnessing the shape.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I've though for quite a bit on possibly why these exist and how. I persoanlly have a theory that dimensions are layered and that these beings are actually images from that fringe on the dimension. But being as they can sort of interact with us, I don't know how they can or why. I do know that since I've gotten more animals they tend to stay away though they still are curious. I've yet to meet an evil one bent on harassing, although if you consider being spied on harassment I guess I am. I tend to think of them as how we are with new species. And from that aspect maybe that is why people are so afraid of them. I mean I'm sure an animal is scared when we trap them and then start poking and prodding them.

My take anyways

-Aza

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Azathoth

And i suppose you would say they are entirely harmless. That they are like curious adorable little animals, and could never do any wrong.

Nope. A page or two back, someone described them to be like the 'dementors' from HP. I would like to say that it is dimensia to think they would deserve to be called shadow "men";they are responsible for SP. They are demons. Actually, my thoughts drift along the lines of their being incubi/succubae types.

If the person who called them redwinds/whitewinds is still here, i would like to ask why.

Did anybody ever think that maybe these are actually a kind of "elemental", or that those could be a type of shadowvermin?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

The poster from previous page, who thinks there is something to understand: there are things to be known about in this world; but what about them makes them NEED to be "understood"? I don't see what's so illusive/ misunderstood about them. Really, they are evil, hateful etherial entities that keep on for the purpose of creating and taking fear and pain. Demons. It is that simple, to "understand". They are masses of negative energy and negativity otherwise, constantly claiming victims. (And they don't all fade away once the sun comes up.) As far as i am concerned, the only thing to be "truly understood (!!!~)" is how to destroy them.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Hello all.
Shadowmen.. Well I gotta say I have seen far tooo many! I think we just call them shadowmen because that is the way we see them. I am a christian, and I believe them to be demons and angels. I have taken a few of them with my cell phone. Now I see them all the time, it can be quite frightening. But the bible says not to fear anything but him. Like the old t-shirts.. hahah.. LOL.. NO FEAR.. But it is key. If you aren't a believer and you have seen these things, I pray you get on your knees and ask Jesus to forgive you and ask him to lead your life. These manifestations are very real! They are only further proof of scripture. I can't say I know everything, because I don't. But they do talk, have you ever sat all by yourself, not really thinking of anything, and really awful thoughts cross your mind, a thought that starts with YOU should go do this..... and its really a bad Idea, But if you stop and realize what you are really thinking about say, work or reading your email, you realize its not even you thinking it, these thoughts are created by demons, trying to get you to do evil. Recognize them for what they are and Rebuke them in the name of jesus. I know you may not believe me, but try it next time a really off the wall mean thing comes to mind, and you will find it to be true.
Anway..
Remember this GOD IS LOVE... he will protect you. Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added upon you. (which these things refers to your needs, food/clothes/shelter/personal needs)

Love one another as onto the lord!.

Sincerly,
Christ follower

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Hey Mr Anonymous, god is the creator of good and evil. God created the tree of good and evil remember. Than the patriarch and matriarch ate from the tree and knew good and evil like the gods.

Your god is playing with you. Lol...............

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Levita

Actually I never said they were completely harmless. Just as we are not completely harmless and have the potental for evil deeds I assume they do too. I am curious as to why you cleary mark them in one category? Personal experience or just your personal opinion? That like saying everyone you meet is evil just because you've met a few bad people. They aren't cuddly I'll give you that, but I don't think they are downright demonic either.

-Aza

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
holy moley!
if that is real, then it debunks one of my theories that when a shadow person sighting occurs, that it is usually a CIA agent and people blow it out of proportion, but that is almost frightening. it reminds me of this story my fiance told me about a car that was driving itself with no one behind the wheel. she has other stories and more curiosities about shadow people. i'll have to get more details about the car story

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SimpleTruth

I saw a shadow person right thru my vinyl tent last week. I had just bought a new
small tent and put it up on my patio to make sure all the pieces were there, etc.
My husband and I climbed in just to see how big it was. It as about 9:30 at night.
My husband got up and went into the house (the tent was about 3 feet from the
house door and there was also a small window 2 feet from it. There was a light
on inside the house, on the other side of the small window. My husband came back outside and I was still in the tent.
He asked if I had come into the house because he was in the bathroom and heard
something in the hallway. I said no. We talked for a few minutes. He went back into
the house. I heard him close the door that was right by me. I then saw a shadow of
a person walking between my tent and the house. I saw the complete human form
of a shadow through the tent because it was right next to it. There was hardly any room for a person to walk. Also if it continued to walk it would have walked right into a decorative wooden door like thing my husband put up for some privacy on our patio.
Also next to this wooden door like think was my large plastic table and chairs that were out on the porch. There was no way for this shadow to go around my tent, without going through it, and I was in it, thank goodness that didn't happen. I would have heard
a loud thump if they had run into the wood and if they had broke thru the wood they would have knocked over my plastic table and chairs. I immediately upzipped the tent and got out. I did not say a word. I just stood by the tent and looked around. I stood there for about 10 minutes. Looking into the back yard that was dark. I did not see anything. there was nothing disturbed (the wood-like door and the tables and chairs, nor my tent). Whatever it was I assume had walked out of my house (not thru the door because I was right there 2 feet from the storm door and would have heard that old door). I have no idea what it was, who it was. I have been pretty shook up since then. I did not mention this to my husband because i did not want to upset the family. Was there really something in my house, I know for a fact that whatever it was, it was definetly on my patio. Maybe it was not aware that I was in that tent right next to it, I'm not sure, but I am glad that it walked fast into "nothing".

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I too have encounters with shadow people. They come when a room is dimly lit and or you are sitting very still.They play mischief with you but hardly ever cause harm. Wether you believe or not we should just let it be because if they are real,wich i believe so,there isn't anything we can do about them.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I don't feel like registering. Lets just call me Regular Bible Guy. As i'm a regular guy who believes everything about the Bible.

Very interesting topic here. I think that I might have encountered these things before.

Just a few days ago, I was asleep but probably in that 1/2 way state. It was late around 12:00 midnight or so. I was semi awake and paralyzed and being strangled by a shadowy black humanoid figure. He was stretched out parallel to my body and seemed to be semi hovering above me. He had red eyes. His intent was not good.

Being a devout Christian, I rebuked him saying (or thinking) "IN THE NAME OF JESUS! BEGONE!". I woke up after that, I'm not sure if my wife woke me up or if I just woke up. But apparently I had woken her up in my struggle.

We prayed and went back to sleep.

My daughter is 3 and has had a few episodes of night terrors the past few months. One happened about a week ago. She kept me up with her for a few hours. Me holding her and praying with her, but it would not stop. Once I asked her what was going on or what she was seeing. She was in her bed and I was sitting there on the side of her bed. She then pointed up in the air to something across the room that I couldn't see and said, "look papa look." in a distraught scared kind of voice. I did not see anything.

A month or so before that, my wife was late getting back from her parents house or something, so me and my daughter laid down in my bed and fell asleep. She kept waking me up with a night terror. The next day, I asked her what she saw. She saw a hole in the ceiling with people killing people and she made a hand signal across her throat like someone slitting someone's throat. (Reading what I wrote sounds pretty disturbing)

I wonder if the one that was trying to kill me is related to my daughter's night terrors????

My experiences go all the way back to when I was 2 (as far as I can remember). It seems like every once in a while, I'll experience something that can be labeled as paranormal or a vision or some kind of nightmarish dream that seems to real.

But back to the topic of the shadow people or the inky black men.

When I was 2, I had a vivid dream that something was floating me out of my room across the hall and into my parents' room. I floated around their bed. It was night time of course. Once getting around to the other side of the bed (after doing a semi circle around it) a large black hand came out from under the bed and grabbed me. It may be worth noting that there were signs posted every where in this vivid dream. I could not read them, but understood them as warnings or something.

Another experience with one of these black beings was in college. I was actually working at the time and living a prodigal son kind of life to say the least. I had been asleep, it was morning. I was asleep but thought I was awake and saw a 3 foot tall inky black being walking across the room. It was broad daylight with the morning sun coming into the window. I new it to be evil and tried to attack it. Something was restraining me. In the vision or OBE or whatever, I was at the foot of my bed growling and trying to grab it while it gleefully pranced across the room almost taunting me. My girlfriend woke me up because I was grawling so loud. When I woke up, I was not at the foot of my bed but laying down. The room had the exact same appearance as it did in my dream. I mean the light was EXACTLY the same.

Another time I saw one in a dream or vision. It seemed really frustrated with me. I felt at peace as God was protecting me.

That's it for the inky black beings for me.

In Highschool a good buddy of mine (who's also a Bible Guy) saw one about 7 foot tall in his house one night. Actually standing up in his doorway to his room. How bizzare!

Also, I agree with others. We should not seek them out. The Bible is clear on this. If they appear, deal with them by commanding them to leave in the name of Jesus.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

It's great if that works for you, because at least you're not coiling up in a ball and letting yourself be victimized--but why? Why not fight? Because they're powerful, being demons? No. you're human. They're below you.~
All people ever DO is call out the name of Jeezus! ~
Why not stand and fight?
I guess they're just too scary?
No. They're just annoying. So my question stands, why not stand and fight?

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Levita

This is Regular Bible Guy. It's kind of hard to stand up and fight when you're laying in the bed paralyzed.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hey there. I'm surprised that nobody has brought this up, but don't shadows look similar to the Heartless in the Kingdom Hearts series?
I think you can fight them, but like in Kingdom Hearts, you're gonna need a special weapon or technique to accomplish that.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The shadow people are mostly demons that are caught in between heaven an hell.Though they mean no harm they sure can scare the mess out of you.They have been seen for thousands of years.Most people say that they are ghost or spirts,But their is a HUGE differance between gost and shadow people,when a ghost touches you,it only feels like a clod breeze,but when a shadow person touches you it feels like a hott spot,that because the way the air is around them makes their ora warmer and mostly more welcoming.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
i always suspected that myserious shadow people are people who are shadows and who also quite mysterious

but who can ever know

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I've had some experience with them already and I can clearly tell u they r neutral. U have to understand that shadow beings are a part of ur body. I can reference egyptian mythology and even Castaneda and some other authors and from my own experiences that those beings or creatures are like parasites living within you. They borrowed u their mind so they can feed of ur fear. People these days are more controlled and therefore many seem sceptical about the real truth because those beings keep us enslaved in our problems and create further ones. They r not evil, they r just like us trying to survive. They r the biggest predators. Each of us possesses one. No exceptions. From younger age we have been adapting to them, one shouldn't be scared of them. They r living on our own fear,the less u have it the more they distance from you. If u ever keep ur negative thoughts to urself or try to meditate to silence ur inner voice,they lose control over you. U can only destroy them if u control ur emotions. There are few ways
1.meditating and controlling ur energy
2. looking at urself in the mirror deep into ur eyes or third eye. This also scares them. U will feel a shiver after looking at urself too long. (10min)..They dislike when u look deep within ur soul through mirror.It irritates them
3. opening up your subconscious

As long as you control ur emotions which monks r trying to do for more than half of their lifetime.
The shadows r usually dark taking a shape of a human or just a cloud.
U r never alone

Sometimes when u sleep and feel paralyzed or cant move or shivering or fearing....they r attacking u or draining ur energy. When u sleep ur out of ur body and when u come back they r prepared to drain u. Thats y sometimes u dont remember ur dreams or u wake up being very tired.
They sometimes might want to scare u
Be careful. Fear is their food!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join