It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Shadow People: What Are They?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
i believe they are demons

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I do not believe them to be demons at all. Thankfully, they never appeared that way to me.
I first remember them while very young. I would ask my parents if they saw the black things that swiftly slid under the furniture. They were certainly not something that was limited to being seen only out of the corner of my eye. I would sit and watch them at night while my parents watched television or as my father would play guitar. When bed-time would come, they would follow. However, by that time they were not lilmited to merely gliding along the wall molding. The ones at night would interact with me. I can remember lying in bad and staring (wide awake) at the various dark shapes that would shoot towards me and then vanish, only to thrust forth again. I would grab for them and pretend that they were pirate ships that I had to smash open with my little fists. Eventually, I would tire and dose off. On one particular occasion, I did find that the outline of a man (without a neck or other general deffinition) Against the wall at the foot of my bed. Strangely, its eyes were not red, as seems to be the norm, but green. I told my parents about it, but they could not see it, even as I could. It did not freighten me and remained for many nights. Other intesting sightings which do not relate to shadowmen took place in that house.
At age ten, we moved to another house. (Be it connected or not, I feel it important to state the the previous owners felt that the new house was haunted.) The shadows along the wall molding which had been commonplace at our old home, were not a part of the new one. The shapes that I played with at night were not present. There were intesting happenings during my stay there, but none that would fall in to the shadowmen catagory. That leads me to believe that they can be limited to a certain location. In addition to the move, I also grew older and learned what was the norm and what was not, in terms of the social acceptance of the supernatural. I believe that children are more susceptible and open to understanding or at least experiencing these types of things, perhaps simply because they do not realize that it is not considered normal to see these things.
As for those who have had unfortunate run-ins with these things, I am sorry that you had to go through that. But please do not let those experiences shade how you view the shadowmen in general. I guess that like all people, some are nice and others are just plain evil.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
They are of both positive and negative nature. They can be just like us. Some are good and curious. Others are down right diabolical. Which ones you come in contact with is anyone guess. They are drawn to the darkness though and old places as well.

-Aza

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Some will even pose to be your own shadow but there is a difference.I had one try to replicate my silouette. But I could tell the difference,the shadow was not where it should be on how the light was refracting off my body and the height factor was to tall.I would also smell like a swamp smell or mildew.

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by I_AM_that_I_AM

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Well I experienced one once during a sleep paralysis. It could've been a hallucination and it could've been real. Anything science doesn't understand though, is labelled a hallucination.
But one thing is for sure!!! My *$#$@! bed dented in as if somebody was walking on it. I felt two footsteps, one to my right and then one to my left.

What you had wasn't a "shadow men", it was a night hag /psychic vampire attack.

Being personally involved in both experiences, I must wager against that. Another point to make is that when some people say that sleep paralysis is just a hallucination, well I want to meet someone who's actually experienced it to say that it's just all in their head!

Anyone experienced in metaphyisics in matter manipulation (telekenisis) will tell you that there is a hybrid state of consciousness, the hypnagogic state, that allows access to 6 sense communication/perceptions.

It is a real state of mind and matter, where thought forms are born into astral beings.

In this state I have seen a shadow figure, which it seemed tried to astral feed from my right leg, but I suppose I subdued it with a banishing. There is also more contemporary sleep paralysis episodes I've experienced. The claim I make though is that I would say the 2 phenomenon are intricately inter-dependant on some level.

These states of consciousness actually permit us to take a gander into and manipulate the dark matter realms of parallel dimensions, which in turn affect what we call the physical.

The non physical I would wager is even more substantial, as there is plenty more of it!

/rant

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
my bro seen them shadow ppl before too illt ell u the story but ill make it short anyways he was walkin over to my cuzzins house to see me and my cuzzin then he said he seen me and sum my friends and he said we asked him to come with us and we started acting weird so he started thinkin we waz gonna do sumthing like play a trick on him or sumthing then he said i offered him a cigerette then he tryed to grab it but his hand went thru it then he got scared and backed off then they turned into black things and they was tellin him to go with them to the lake because my grandpa needed him there ( my grandpa waz past away by the way) he said when they was tryna get him to go to the lake with them he felt real peacuful for sum reason like he wanted to go but he said no and ran away and they chased him but they stopped chasing him when he got into the light and outt of the darkness then me and my cuzzin seen him and he was crying he was real scared anywayz thats the short version of the story and as for my thoughts on it i belive my bro he aint crazy i think those shadow men or whatever u call them was tryna get him to die in the lake if he went with them he probably woulda been found drowned in the lake or sum # i think those things are evil i think in my native culture there posta be real bad signs they prawly can go in other dimensions or sum # i dunno well thaz my 2 cents believe it or not i dont care peace

posted on Jul, 6 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This subject is one of the reasons I became familiar with this site to begin with. Of course, since then, I have read much more than compelled me to join.

Here's the thing. When I was a teenager, and that was quite a while back seeing that I am about to be 32, I would see something in the corner of my room every night when I would go to bed. I would only see it once I laid down and started to try to go to sleep. The position I was in could change (i.e., I could lay on my back, stomach, side, etc.) and it would still be there. I would see this almost every single night, and it was always just there...not moving, or making any sort of motion at all...just there.

What it appeared to be was a man in a long coat and hat, but I could not make out any features, and I never could see it's feet, as the "shadow" sort of tapered off as it went down. This was positioned over a glass table I had in the corner of my room when I first saw it. I moved the table, and the rest of my furniture, numerous times to see if that would make it go away, and it remained. I had nothing outside of my window that would cast a shadow into my room, especially because the blinds in my room were "black-out" blinds.

Now, I would have never went to my parents with this, as they would have most likely had me committed. I asked my younger sister to look with me on a couple of occassions, and she saw nothing, while I was laying in bed and saw it very clearly.

Now, I did not live in a particularly old house growing up. I was not under terribly stress past what is considered normal "teenage angst". I was raised Catholic, and had much faith in God...and had never dabbled in anything "evil" per se. I got enough sleep for someone of my age and all the rest. Yet, this menacing presenace was always there.

When I graduated from high school, I entered the United States Air Force, and of course, was never home again to sleep in that room. My sister took my room at home, and never saw anything of the sort. It obviously didn't "follow" me, as I never saw it again.

Recently, when I was visiting with a friend at my home, the subject came up, and I no longer felt like a complete lunatic. She sent me a link to this site, that she had received from another friend. Reading all of the threads on this was very helpful to me mentally. From this thread, it appears as if some of you have felt physically threatened by these, but I never did. Just mentally felt unable to completely "deal" with the situation and always felt as if I was semi-crazy.

What I am wondering is...did anyone ever have this occur as a young person and then see it again when they were old, or after many years? I am always worried that this will come back to "haunt" me sometime in the future. It has been something I have constantly been looking for to return to me, but so far, nothing. Just wondering if this is something that seems to go away and never return to people who have seen it.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Most of my experiences happened before my teenage years. As a twenty-four year old, I can honestly say that I do not expect to see them any time soon. It may be the type of thing that most of us are only sensitive to when young or near our "time," (death, without being so blunt) for it is perhaps at these times when we are more open to those things which generally go unseen.

posted on Jul, 24 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'm currently living in Iran, and I've had a discussion with my school service driver about a year and a half ago. He described such "shadow people" (I currently can't remember the name) and mentioned that one night while sleeping he felt he was strangled and he woke up to see the shadow "jump" out the window. He mentioned that these things are known to watch us as we sleep, and some may try to take the life out of you. In my view, some sort of Grim Reaper or something.

posted on Jul, 26 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
ive had 2 experiences that i can remember..but i never really realized it until now. One was while i was in my room trying to fall asleep. It was really wierd cuz i blacked out and there was a shadowy thing in my doorway. When i saw it it felt like i couldnt do anything and i felt weight on my chest or sumthin like that. It was freaky. Then a week ago i was up till lik 3 in the morning and it caught my eye. I was listening to music and all i was was it flash out of the corner of my eye. It was really fast.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
IT IS A GHOST.....MY MOTHER SEEN ONE WEN SHE WAS LITTLE...AND SHE SEAD THAT THE ROOM GOT COLD.....LIKE SEE YOUR BREATH COLD...I THINK THEY ARE EVIL SPIRITS.....AND A NOTHER STORY OF MY AUNT THAT WAS CHOCKED BYE ONE.......THEY EXSISSSSSST

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I belive that the shadow people are real , and I also belive they are "good" and "evil"(not neccisarily good and evil , but ..you get the point)

I have had more then one encounter with the shadow people. I recall two of them very vividly.

First encounter- I constantly wake up at night and need somthing to drink , so I usually keep a large glass of water next to my bed. One night/morning.. it was around like 5 a.m. I woke up and had nothing to drink so I got up and got myself a glass of water from the kitchen and returned to my room. I layed back down and my bed, and closed my eyes for about a minute. I opened my eyes and half way through the wall , right above my bed one of these creatures were hovering right above me. I could see its face and arms , but those were the only features I could really make out. It disappeared nearly seconds after I saw it , but I honestly couldnt move at all for another hour.

Second encounter- This next happening also takes place with me laying in my bed. It had to be around 10 or 11 at night. I was sitting in bed reading a book ( some dragon book , dont remember, not relevent) with my window craked open and my little lamp that used to sit next to my bed on.
I am a very tidy person so my room is completly clean , and everything is nice and organized. A faint breeze flows through my room and i fell somthing seem to blow right through my arm. I look down at my arm..and I am bleeding out of this small cut that appeared on my arm. I look up to see if anything was there, and all my cloths are everywhere on the floor and my dresser droors are all open. I didnt catch what had caused it , but I believe That this was a one of the "evil" or "menecing" shadow people, just causing trouble.

My house seems to have alot of this kind of stuff going in it , but nothing truley dark and evil goes on so it doesnt bother me much. What do you think of my experiences.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
A year ago two beings or black shades visited to me, human figures in my door watching (black figures). For six months one has been appearing but small I visit myself, black. Since then I do not like the night.

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Many people have seen, witnessed, or experienced these beings. The view on them range from them being just curious to the devil incarnate. Like all being i feel they have the ability and power to be just like we are. We can be cruel and mean or thoughtful and caring. It just depends on how they react with you. They are drawn to the dark as they are born from it. How they exist and continue to is a mystery. What do they live off of? Are they truely alive or just mere fragments of a dimension that we can barely see into? I'd like to hope that these beings can prove helpful and would be more open with use as either a species or a collective entity. I have had contact with them before and it wasn't as frightening as others have had. I dismiss them as curious creatures, but I've heard of them being vicious to others. I have performed a tecnique before to sort of call these beings. Unless you have a strong heart and are not afraid of what lurks in the shadows do not try to attemp to contact them. If you are serious in wanting to U2U me.

-Aza

-Aza

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 17-8-2005 by Azathoth]

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Its most likely real. oh and as a heads up, yeah that topic has been broght up before.

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Oh my bad, i didnt read everything.... i guess everone knows its an old topic.....

posted on Sep, 5 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
My first thoughts would be spectre, wraith, shade or something of the sort. it would be interesting to find out at what point in history those beings are refered to as shadow people. you certianly dont hear of anyone encountering a wraith these days...... i guess in the age of science we have to give more plauseable names to the age old mysteries

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I don't think "shadow beings" are demonic at all.They sound like "allies" or "inorganic beings" described in length in the books by carlos castaneda.In particular, read his book called "the fire from within".There is a chapter where he decribes an easy process that you can do yourself(because the chapter is VERY descriptive on the process) to see them, and bring them into our "realm".They feed off of emotion, thus they would most likely want to scare you, or incite some emotional responce.They can also be controlled in this manner too.I tried the process described in the book.Basicly you frame a medium sized mirror(the stronger the better), and hold it underneath water(doesnt need to be deep) and stare into the mirror through the water but keep your eyes unfocused and your mind clear(no thought).After some lenth of time stuff can happen, it did when I tried it out.It was rather frightening the first time that I did it, but have sence done it more than 20 times.I would still reccomend reading the book though, or you might not know what to do or how to handle it.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   
This is absurd. There is something called "Top Down Processing." You see what you want to see. You fill in the blanks. Lets get back to science...

However, I do not dismiss all your claims unequivocally, since I would need to investigate them. But I think there are much better explanations for your expereinces than the "epicircles" that seem to be inherent in all the posts.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join