It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Shadow People: What Are They?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Welcome to my post. New member here, so I hope this isn't an old topic.

Has anyone heard of these shadow people? I have seen information on them in a few places and some people believe or are convinced that they exist. Before you read on or reply, go to this site to view a picture of one.

www.anomalies-unlimited.com... (there is one more pic somewhere on the same site)

Anyway, I wanted to know if this is a commonly known topic in the conspiracy world. Also, do you guys think this could be legitimate? If so, what are these things that are being referred to as shadow peope/beings? They could be another race coexisting with us who are just very elusive. They could be things slipping in and out of our plane of existence. What I think they would most likely be would be demons of some kind or minions of satan. What do you all think?

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It looks like smoke to me.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It is not smoke because it clearly has no point of origin. It is either photoshopped or it is *gasp* real...

Anyway, there was a thread on this already. Search in the archives for "shadows" or "shadow people"...

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Well, it's either smoke or it's shadow men. There's no such thing as shadow men so.....

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
thanks for the link there are some really interesting pictures on the rest of the site.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well I experienced one once during a sleep paralysis. It could've been a hallucination and it could've been real. Anything science doesn't understand though, is labelled a hallucination.
But one thing is for sure!!! My *$#$@! bed dented in as if somebody was walking on it. I felt two footsteps, one to my right and then one to my left.

Anyway, here are the older threads...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The "Strange Rays Coming out of Mt. Shasta, CA " picture looks like he took a picture and had forgotten to open the car window first.

www.anomalies-unlimited.com...

He he. Nice site tho'. Bit of a Ripleys....

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the old threads! I was afraid that it might have already been discussed. Anyway, ya the site with the pics is one of my favorites. It is DEFINATELY worth looking at ALL of it. It's done by this woman who has the funniest captions and commentaries that she writes for the different pics. Anyway, she has good sections like religion, science, archeaology, odd pics, ghosts...etc. on her site.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hmmm...could be ghosts? How are 'shadow men' supposed to be different from ghosts/spirits? "Shadowmen" sounds like a tribal Indian name for what most people would label a ghost.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Great Post! Whether that is fake or not it sure is pretty creepy! I've never heard of this before. Pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing!

ID

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   
There is a very good chance that these "shadowmen" are real. They could be very similar to ghosts. I am not sure where I stand on the whole ghost issue as of now. Having never seen one or any evidence of them I simply cannot say. I believe that emotions are able to leave a sort of residue on a place that can build up. For instance if many people are murdered in the same place that area would build up a great deal of negative energy. However I do not know weather this would be enough to produce a physical manifestation.

As for your theory about "another race coexisting with us who are just very elusive," only one such species comes to mind. That being the mothman, it is often said to have extraordinary paranormal abilities. If a creature such as that can do what it does then there is no reason that these "shadowmen" cannot exist.

Then again we must be careful not to embrace these creatures as fact so quickly. Let us not remember the infamous "rods." I know that ATS's modo is Deny Ignorance but we must always keep in mind that "The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge."--Daniel J Boorstin

I do have a question though, have there been any reported cases of these "shadowmen" interacting with people? Do they simply appear or do they interfere with the actions of humans?

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 08:51 PM
link   
www.para-normal.com...
this link doesn't talk specifically about shadow people, but certain parts are related like "I have seen shadows walking by me. Shadows of people walking by.(shapes of people) Giving me goosebumps all over. Studied this as well too." and "One moment at the time when one of the shadow shapes came close to me, I tried my best to "block" any transmission from my energy structure of my body and brain from this act of fear. I did it successfully, the shadows left."

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ID

Then again we must be careful not to embrace these creatures as fact so quickly. Let us not remember the infamous "rods." I know that ATS's modo is Deny Ignorance but we must always keep in mind that "The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge."--Daniel J Boorstin

I do have a question though, have there been any reported cases of these "shadowmen" interacting with people? Do they simply appear or do they interfere with the actions of humans?

First of all, thanks for your input so far everyone. ID, I completely agree to be skeptical of this, because there is always just as good a chance it's not real, as there is a chance it IS real. I just wanted to list a few of the thought possibilities. About your thought about them being ghosts, I completely agree. They could be a specific KIND of ghost. The only thing that would not support this is that in general, ghosts are usually described as white,gray or transparent rather than black. Then again, that could just be because the black ones are much harder to see and could be just overlooked. But I think the frontrunner would be that they are demons, just because of the nature that they are black and lurk in shadows, and have properties that are vastly different than us, if they exist that is. And to answer your question ID, yes, from what I've read or seen, the people who describe seeing or experiencing their presence causes them to freak out, freeze from fear, or just an uncomfortable feeling arises. But direct encounters I think are very rare. They must have a reason to, because they seem to be able to control over whether they let you see them or not. If you read the caption that accompanies the link I gave, the reason these people set up this camera in their room, is because paranormal or weird things were occuring. So this intense fear that these supposed beings give us, is also why I think they may be demonic, and I mean this as demonic as in from a Biblical sense, because, as a Christian, I believe the Bible. It's states very clear that demons, which are the evil equivalent of angels, exist and Christ even dealt with them a few times. This is just my speculation. But they don't seem like ghosts which are former humans, they seem something of their own. So I think they are designs of Satan most likely. But, if these exist, other theories are very possible as well.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The two pics I looked at were inconclusive.

There are such things as "dark entities" or "shadow entities". And there are several members on this board that have personal experience with these.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I have encountered them. They say things that should never be heard. They do things that should never be. I don't ever wish to see them again. Thank you very much.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenongod
I have encountered them. They say things that should never be heard. They do things that should never be. I don't ever wish to see them again. Thank you very much.

ditto

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by xenongod

ditto

ditto...ditto..hehe. A little added info...it was a near-death experience where the "shadowmen" came. That's all I need to say...goodnight..Valhall...you seem to be in the same dimension as me...wooohooo...always nice to read your posts. KUDOS!!

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Well, trusting that you are serious XenonGod, that is disturbing in a way to know. If you can even discuss whatever experience you had, can you give any input on if they are ghost (like dead human spirit), some demonic evil presence like I thought, or something else like actually something of this Earth like some very different organism. Are these things intelligent? Anyway, did the picture I provided a link to show that it was similar to the one you saw/experienced?

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimpleTruth
Well, trusting that you are serious XenonGod, that is disturbing in a way to know. If you can even discuss whatever experience you had, can you give any input on if they are ghost (like dead human spirit), some demonic evil presence like I thought, or something else like actually something of this Earth like some very different organism. Are these things intelligent? Anyway, did the picture I provided a link to show that it was similar to the one you saw/experienced?

I will not discuss my experience in detail on the board, but I will answer as my experiences have led me to believe. They are demonic evil entities. Their purpose is unclear to me. I have met several people both in RL as well as virtually who have had similar encounters as I. Mine was not associated with a NDE.

[Edited on 16-12-2003 by Valhall]

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I believe that I have had a few encounters with these "shadow beings", or at least something of the liking. At my last place of residence, there was a lot of parnormal stuff going on. In certain parts of the house, I'd see something out of the cornor of my eye, something really dark, and then it'd vanish. When I was younger, I use to have these really dark dreams, twisted kind of stuff. I hated to be alone in the house, even when I got older, I'd feel really frightened if I was all by myself.

Just thought I'd add my encounters with these "shadow beings", if thats what they are.

Later

[Edited on 16-12-2003 by TheSaddenedElf]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join