It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats in a name? Specificly Yours

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Hello Whatukno, Magicmushroom here, well what can I say, the colours are great, the things I have seen are brilliant, and then our nanny state has to go and ban them.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

magicmushroom

LOL havent I met you before when I was younger? I am sure you would come around my home town about once a year kinda like christmas. only brighter and a lot more funny.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well this name is one I chose just to have a different name thats not a persons name. So I thought I'd look up space terms and this one is the first one I came to that sounded good so here it is. Kind of simple huh?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

magicmushroom

LOL havent I met you before when I was younger? I am sure you would come around my home town about once a year kinda like christmas. only brighter and a lot more funny.

ROTFLMB-hind OFF!
whatukno You are so hospitable with the thread! It is a delight to see your sense of humor and energy. Thank you for the positive comments and keep up the good work:-)

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Voyager1

I thought that it was a reference to the first space probe we sent out
or a star trek reference. either way it's a cool screen name.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyPropag8r
ROTFLMB-hind OFF!
whatukno You are so hospitable with the thread! It is a delight to see your sense of humor and energy. Thank you for the positive comments and keep up the good work:-)

Thanks I am kinda glad this isnt going too fast I want to reply to each persons name. There is a lot of imagination at work here

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
well my name is annie...

and long before i even owned a pc, i spent approx. a year observing and considering the inherent flaws in our various forms of government and how they manifest in the ills of the society which they shape.
It was kind of like the time right after Buddha first left the palace and realized that life was not GREAT for all...just him...but it wasn't fair. I didn't sit under a bodhi tree but rather had a few compadres which were generous enough to provide me a listening audience as i developed my own utopian kingdom. I learned much from that exercise ('queen for a day').

I seem to naturally have a somewhat haughty/bitchy attitude (at worst); am gracious but unyielding (normally) and distant (stuck up) by default...and at that time i fronted it full blast as a shield and/or repellent in order to be let alone to my own self-finding.

see, i was on my own for the first time and newly divorced...pretty cute but totally 'not interested' in romance of any sort (a very difficult stand, trust me). it was either be a bitch or accumulate 'a steamer trunk full of issues' and i always like to travel light.

and so my buddies (my 'bros'
) began to call me 'the queen' or 'queen annie' - guys like nicknames in the tree house i found out - and it just stuck

so on the internet i was, at first, at a loss regarding screen names - any i thought of were already taken! but not too many gals claim the title 'queen' (more often 'princess' which i AM NOT) because it is one that is presumptuous and hard to back up - but always challenged, even in a subtle way on the net. And yet there is often still a queen annie so 38 is mine for a myriad of pointless (to you) meaningful (to me) reasons.

however for the sake of declaration i will say it stands for .38 caliber or .38 special.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Mine really isnt all that complicated....Uisge Baugh is an irish wiskey...had it one time liked it....became my name...I hated my old name Goatlovin that I had for two years but everyone made fun of it...That one was my old xbox live name so I switched to an irish drink that I find kind of refreshing

[edit on -0600c28obeMon, 5 Feb 2007 11:05:29 -0600 17 by Uisge Baugh]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

queenannie38

This is why I started this thread, interesting stories like this. How cool. Got your name from your friends thats cool

I personaly know about divorce and the trust issues that go allong with it I am getting through with my own divorce on the 27th of this month so I know how thats like.

Yep most women go for princess not queen but it works

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uisge Baugh

Yea to be honest I probably would have made fun of goatlovin too. I havent heard of Uisge Baugh and I thought I had tried every whisky in the world! Ill defenatly have to try and find it here in the states.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
if I get ahold of some Ill send it to the states just for you Whatyoukno

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Cool I would like that thanks! LOL

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Well, my ATS name is my real name, well I should say it is currently
my de jure name, but in three years it will be my legal name.

Iori is the Japanese equivalent of my English first name, and Komei
is just something I thought of, really something just in my mind one
day just went "You/I are Iori Komei.".

[edit on 2/8/2007 by iori_komei]

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
thanks Iori I didnt know it was going to be your actual name. You are only one of a handfull of people on ATS that actualy has the guts to put in their real name as their Screen Name

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I thought about legally changing my name to Nicotine, but then I'd probably have trouble getting into restaurants...

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicotine1982
I thought about legally changing my name to Nicotine, but then I'd probably have trouble getting into restaurants...

I thought about legaly chainging my name to Reginald Darkman for a while... LOL but I was married at the time and my wife wasnt about to be Mrs Darkman.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This really is interesting...

I chose Prismatic Dragon Lady for a few reasons. Prismatic because I'm a colorful person, in that I'm slightly eccentric and I love bright colors. I could never stay away from anything colorful/shiny. Dragon because I was born in the year of the dragon, because I have Welsh somewhere WAY back in my father's family (hence my avatar, as well--that's the Welsh flag!), and dragons have been one of my favorite mythical creatures ever since I was a little girl. Lady? Well...I hope that one isn't hard to figure out...

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Prismatic Dragon Lady

Thanks Prismatic Dragon Lady, I am actualy glad you wrote, I was guessing that you were a fan of D&D. But using your famaly history along with your interests is great! thank you for replying

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join