It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats in a name? Specificly Yours

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
My username on here is simply a reference to the Black Triangle type Aircraft (more specifically the Aurora), the apex being the top of the triangle. Course it's also the top of a hill and various other things.

Yes, i was bored on the 2nd of august 2005

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
ah so that inferres that you see yourself as the tip top of things in the world
cool

This thread is turning out great! I love learning about people and Screen Names are a window into a persons thoughts even if they are thoughts at the moment of making the name

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
wow selmer, thats pretty cool. I love the sax. I can't play on account of being completely tone deaf. LOL Interesting name do you play in clubs yet?

[edit on 3-2-2007 by whatukno]

short answer...no

long answer.....unfortunately I have been institutionalized like a puppet into the classical system and I currently reside at the sydney conservatorium. Instead of enjoying myself at clubs I am pulling my hair out trying to please the constant bickering of senile academics who like wearing bow ties to bed. :bnghd:

/end rant v2.0

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
classical isnt bad.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It's my name,except for the 420 part

It literally translates to "Prince God 420"

It's weird, and kids used to make fun of me in school.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hi Whatukno, Kurokage is Japanese meaning Black shadow. It was given to me by the first Japanese student my younger Brother had a few years ago now. I used to teach the Japanese martial Art of Aikido and practiced Kendo and iaido and a few others, As you can see I have a very keen interest in all things Japanese and the student said jokingly that my Bro and I were more Japanese than he was. So as a joke he gave us traditional ninja names and I decided to use it for online gaming and its stuck with me ever since lol!!

Ps My Brother is OniKage meaning Demon shadow!!

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
my name means exploding eyeballs.

There is already a thread about this, yet I am too lazy to find it for y'all

EXPLOSIVE!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Mechanic32: Ah I was wondering about yours, So are you a mechnic in real life? or do you aspire to be one?

Well, actually I'm an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic by trade. Although my last job was doing something different than that, although related.

Not auto mechanic, for clarification.
So, please don't u2u me with car troubles.

And at my age, I think I'm a little too old to aspire to be anything else.

Originally posted by Lysergic

Aw c'mon man. Don't be a fly in the ointment. There is actually several other "members name" threads. But this one is a little different. The author is giving feedback.

[edit on 2/3/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
well I'm running out of meanings for my name.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Mine comes from reading stories in the Bible. I chose it because I thought it was kind of funny in the same sence that a cartoon character gets destroyed but then in the next scene he bounces back to normal without a blemish.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
It's my name,except for the 420 part

It literally translates to "Prince God 420"

It's weird, and kids used to make fun of me in school.

That is a unique name there I probably wouldent have made fun of you for it. although in my school we all used last names.

"prince god 420" almoast sounds lika a jamacan drug reference.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
Hi Whatukno, Kurokage is Japanese meaning Black shadow. It was given to me by the first Japanese student my younger Brother had a few years ago now. I used to teach the Japanese martial Art of Aikido and practiced Kendo and iaido and a few others, As you can see I have a very keen interest in all things Japanese and the student said jokingly that my Bro and I were more Japanese than he was. So as a joke he gave us traditional ninja names and I decided to use it for online gaming and its stuck with me ever since lol!!

Ps My Brother is OniKage meaning Demon shadow!!

I like japanise culture I havent done any martial arts traning cause I don't have the disipline. but thats pretty cool that a student would name you that must mean a lot to you.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
my name means exploding eyeballs.

EXPLOSIVE!!!

I swore that it was for Lysergic Acid Dythilomade but exploding eyeballs is pretty close

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burnt Offering
Mine comes from reading stories in the Bible. I chose it because I thought it was kind of funny in the same sence that a cartoon character gets destroyed but then in the next scene he bounces back to normal without a blemish.

Ah biblical animal sacrafice I see what your saying
cool

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I originally made up the name when I worked in surveillance. I sat for 8 hours at a time in a small booth staring at 2 computer terminals and 32 individual speakers that provided continuous audio feeds from various locations. Trying to keep track of every sound was enough to drive a person right over the edge.

"wellwhatnow" was my original password when I first started and was completely terrified of the job.

Sometimes you hated logging onto the system because you knew that when you hit enter, every sounds was suddenly your responsibility and you would be bombarded mercilessly until the end of your shift... and you just never knew what would happen next.

Anyway, I began to take a very dim view of surveillance work and I quit.

Now I just get up in the morning and think, "What is going on now?!?!"

My life is an adventure and I never fail to be amazed at the unusual turns and twists it takes.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I drink beer, I make beer, and I teach people to make beer (and wine).
Seemed like a good choice for a name. I actually started using the name when I ran into a customer of mine at the mall and he yelled "There's the beer guy".

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   

wellwhatnow

So it was you that was listining in on my phone calls
just kidding

Wow that is interesting, I bet listining to everything would get dull fast. And the responsibility wouldnt be too fun either.

[edit on 4-2-2007 by whatukno]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Beer_Guy

Beer the cause of and solution to all of life's problems

I tried making beer before it was
and there was a layer of yeast at the bottom I couldent seem to get rid of, and believe me you don't want to drink that!

[edit on 4-2-2007 by whatukno]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Stop Looking At Me

I may be one of the few ATS members that like it when I don't get a reply in a thread, but if I don't get a reply I wonder what I did wrong in the post.
Then I have to go back and edit the post.
Then if someone replies I have to worry about what my response will be.
Then I have concerns about how the other member will take my added input.
Then I get freaked because I think I hear footsteps on the stairs.

The subject of this thread is starting to worry me.............

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
Stop Looking At Me

I may be one of the few ATS members that like it when I don't get a reply in a thread, but if I don't get a reply I wonder what I did wrong in the post.
Then I have to go back and edit the post.
Then if someone replies I have to worry about what my response will be.
Then I have concerns about how the other member will take my added input.
Then I get freaked because I think I hear footsteps on the stairs.

The subject of this thread is starting to worry me.............

and yet you havent played Paranoia? Point well taken anxietydisorder

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join