It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats in a name? Specificly Yours

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   
While reading all these wonderfull posts on ATS I started wondering about screen names. How did you come up with them? What do they mean to you? Have you used them long?

Screen names are this societies alias's, handles, nicknames. So what does yours mean to you? As they are personal statements and insites into your life what do they mean?

Take mine for example

What U KNO actualy comes from a roll playing game orriginaly produced by West End Games called Paranoia. In that game you are a clone that works for the computer an omnipresent dictatior of an underground city called alpha compex. Each charactor is given a name a security clearance and a three letter home designation this plays out like this

What (name) U (security clearance according to the electromagnetic spectrum [R,O,Y,G,B,I,V,U] Ultraviolet) and KNO (my home sector) there is also a clone number that is assigned to each player as each player gets 6 clones. I droped this from most of my online logins because it ruins the pun. (and I am not a clone) I have used this name for over 10 years now and it's funny I sometimes actualy respond to people yelling WHAT!

So there you have the story of my moniker how about all of yours? This ought to be a fun thread to learn about each other a bit better?

[edit on 2-2-2007 by whatukno]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
My screen name has no meaning or story behind it really, other than the fact it's part of my first name, and part of my last. My first name is Jennifer, and I'm not telling my last

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
whaaa just reflects my general state of confusion and amazment as I walk and drive thru my environment.

whaaa is sort of a contraction of "what" but there is already a "what" that I used to go to high school with. I can't even remember his real name.

At first I wanted my name to be "thathandsomesmartguy" but it seemed a little long and if you have read many of my posts you can see that brevity is my forte. Unfortunatlly spelling isn't.

Namaste

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31
My screen name has no meaning or story behind it really, other than the fact it's part of my first name, and part of my last. My first name is Jennifer, and I'm not telling my last

I realy don't blame you for not divulging too much info on the internet there are a lot of weirdos out there and most of them stop by ATS once and a while
Just kidding.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
whaaa just reflects my general state of confusion and amazment as I walk and drive thru my environment.

whaaa is sort of a contraction of "what" but there is already a "what" that I used to go to high school with. I can't even remember his real name.

At first I wanted my name to be "thathandsomesmartguy" but it seemed a little long and if you have read many of my posts you can see that brevity is my forte. Unfortunatlly spelling isn't.

Namaste

Thaaat is funny whaaa, I was wondering about your SN for a while now. I was clueless about it. Thanks for the post

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
OK. Up until a year ago I was Astroturd, on counterstrike and any other net thing with names, I thought of this when I was first introduced to the net for a chat room, I was told to think of a name, words flew through my head, I thought Astroturf (for what reason I don't know) then it hit me ASTROTURD, It's utterly bizarre and thats what I like, original too.
Well I still have that name when I play counterstrike, people generally call me Astro or Turd depending, I like winding people up! Anyway now i'm 21 it seems kinda childish, I dont really care on counterstrike but If I want people to take me seriously that is not the name.

So my name is Chris and my telephone area code is 01621, it's easy to type quickly and it ensures that wereever i go nobody should have that name. I use this on here, for my email and anyother forums I go on.

I still kinda like Astroturd but thats not really the name for this kinda thing or my email (it did used to be my email, but I always had it as more rediculous joke than anything)

Thats my story....

[edit on 2-2-2007 by chris01621]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Mine's easy...I get a little fiesty at times. And I wish I was still a young lad. I'm sick of growing a day older every day......

[edit on 2-2-2007 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
Mine's easy...I get a little fiesty at times. And I wish I was still a young lad. I'm sick of growing a day older every day......

[edit on 2-2-2007 by Excitable_Boy]

Realy? I was betting on the Zevon thing for sure.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Well, I enjoy nicotine quite a bit, and i was born in 1982.

Originally, I was just Nicotine, but I lost my password for that screen name and had to reregister.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
couldent you just request your password sent to your email addy? but nice pick on the name.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I chose my name as i love horses, and Asala is a very nice horse

But i later found out that it was also a Terror group to my horror, and to many others giggles,

I know when someone asks me, " Hey how did you choose your Ats name?"

there thinking OM Goodness is she in to that kinda thing,

But to clarify its a horse

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Interesting Asala I didnt know that your name also was that of a terrorist group I thought that it was a concept of your own. How interesting, a nice name for a horse.

I love horses myself I used to be around a lot of em as a kid as my dad was a cowboy. But I return to that is a great way to come up with a name.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
My ATS name is the reflection of my reality & fantasy combined.
It also reflects the duality of my innerself.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Mine needs no explanation on this conspiracy site!

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   

btw - to avoid confusion, I'm not 32 years old. (I wish)

When I chose "Mechanic" I think it was already taken, so I picked the first number off the top of my head which was 32, since I was just that day into the "Windows" folder on my "C:/" drive...., more specifically in the System 32 folder.

Probably more information (yawn) than anyone really cares to read.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
My dog Mojo had just chewed out one of my favorite E A Poe books while i was trying to think of a user name.

Mojo4sale was obvious at the time, btw i didnt sell him i just kicked his a##.

joking.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I prefer to be referred as a lady, morales and all lol, propagate means to broadcast, I am a broadcastor wannabe. Interesting thread thank you for starting as I see many screen names I wonder what it means.:-)

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
searching_for_truith: duality of man and reflection of inner searching nice

LoneGunMan: Yep yours is perfect for ATS thats for shure.

Mechanic32: Ah I was wondering about yours, So are you a mechnic in real life? or do you aspire to be one?

mojo4sale: I don't know if I would have had the restraint as you did in not thrashing your dog I love Edgar Alan Poe. LOL I wouldent have beat him heither but I would be quite cross. good story

LadyPropag8r: Cool name I like the idea too. I also have a dream of being a broadcaster. All I can do for the moment is be a Podcaster :LOL:

thanks

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Cool thread WhatUKno,

Well I am 20 yr old student studying music (saxophone) and will be for a while.

So my screen name is one of my previous saxophones a Paris Selmer series II SA80 blah blah blah

And just for the record my saxophone doesn't excite me to the point I start to spasm uncontrollably...I just chose the screen name so I would remember it and it kinda stuck.

/end rant

edit: spelling

[edit on 3-2-2007 by Selmer2]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
wow selmer, thats pretty cool. I love the sax. I can't play on account of being completely tone deaf. LOL Interesting name do you play in clubs yet?

[edit on 3-2-2007 by whatukno]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join