It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where totem poles a old symbol of christianity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
i was just surfen the net when i came across totem poles, i reconised that some look very similary to the cross

i was wondering if this is there own version of christanity, like the catholics and mormans

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Totem poles are made by a non christian people

Totem poles may recount familiar legends, clan lineages, or notable events. Some poles are erected to celebrate cultural beliefs, but others are intended mostly as artistic presentations. Certain types of totem pole are part of mortuary structures incorporating grave boxes with carved supporting poles, or recessed backs in which grave boxes were placed. Poles are also carved to illustrate stories, to commemorate historic persons, to represent shamanic powers, and to provide objects of public ridicule. "Some of the figures on the poles constitute symbolic reminders of quarrels, murders, debts, and other unpleasant occurrences about which the Indians prefer to remain silent... The most widely known tales, like those of the exploits of Raven and of Kats who married the bear woman, are familiar to almost every native of the area

en.wikipedia.org...

akthough the cross was used by some amerindian cultures it wasn't because they believed in Jesus
the cross was also used by celtic and pre celtic peoples who also had never heard of him
the earliest crosses in religion are all symbols of sun worship
Christianity itself is borne from an ancient world where almost everyone worshipped gods descended from a sun god
this is reflected in christianity by the use of Halos on divine characters

new topics

join