It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Smoking Ban

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I am a smoker.As the poster of this topic said it very well :
I wish they made them illegal.I will quit smoking and it will be best for me and for all...

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This thread is about cig's, lets keep it that way. It you want to discuss prohibition or compare thc vs. nicotine, lets do it in existing threads or a new one. I will caution you all to refrain from personal use as a argument. Not relevant anyway since we all have our own life’s variables to keep in mind. Along with it being a quick way for the thread to go away.

2nd hand smoke:
Can anyone who claims it's innocence provide a link, How does that cloud of smoke not effect others, its already filtered? Someone earlier mentioned blowing into a cloth to see the residue. think about that.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Oh yeah, and this is where the story is actually beginning. For example in Omaha Nebraska, city police are encouraging residents to call 911 if they see a smoker in a non-smoking area. Well that certainly is an excellent use of the police force - screw the drug dealers and the sex-traffickers and the weapon smugglers and all the real criminals - just call the cops when you see a smoker breaking the law!

If this happened in DC, I would be calling the cops every 5 minutes on purpose. It would be sad, but they'd finally get the point when someone's grandma died or something because 911 was conjested with smoke nazi call ins. What are we letting happen to our countries people?

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoknew
2nd hand smoke:
Can anyone who claims it's innocence provide a link, How does that cloud of smoke not effect others, its already filtered? Someone earlier mentioned blowing into a cloth to see the residue. think about that.

I always thought that 2nd hand smoke was the smoke that comes from the lit end of the cigarette while burning? Not the smoke from your lungs. So, yes it would be unfiltered smoke lifting from the lit end of the cigarette. Anyone want to clear this up? (no pun intended)

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Cigs used to be sold in chemists.. Now they sell treatments to cure em.. Govvy is still collecting mAjOr tAx DoLLars on these babies and the healthcare industry is BOOMING with QUIT PACKS and Smoking Patches and Nicotene Gum.. While there are smokers.. Pharma companies are getting fatter and fatter pockets and so is Mr Tax Man..

Enough said on that then!

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by foxywhiskers
Cigs used to be sold in chemists.. Now they sell treatments to cure em.. Govvy is still collecting mAjOr tAx DoLLars on these babies and the healthcare industry is BOOMING with QUIT PACKS and Smoking Patches and Nicotene Gum.. While there are smokers.. Pharma companies are getting fatter and fatter pockets and so is Mr Tax Man..

Enough said on that then!

I must ask then, what is the point? Why ban Cig's? Many states have already banned cig's in public places and some countries are about to ban them outright. Why is the Gov. involved in this, if you think they will never ban them based on the income they bring in? Why put it in the media? to make the public "think" they care?

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn
Smoking Ban
I'm sure there will be mixed feelings about this. Some people will complain that this is just more control being imposed on the people by the oppressive government. Others will rejoice at the cleaner air in Europe.

Personally, I'm a smoker and I think smoking should be outlawed completely. The only way I'll quit is if they aren't for sale.

This was the what the first post put up at beginning of this thread/forum.

In response to the last post i want to say... HERE IS MY RESPONSE TO WHY THE GOVERNMENTS KEEP CIGARETTES LEGAL..That is my point!
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh!

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Smoking Ban
I'm sure there will be mixed feelings about this. Some people will complain that this is just more control being imposed on the people by the oppressive government. Others will rejoice at the cleaner air in Europe.

Personally, I'm a smoker and I think smoking should be outlawed completely. The only way I'll quit is if they aren't for sale.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by foxywhiskers

Smoking Ban

So your saying the big brother is simply flexing his muscles? If not yor point is apparently eluding me. Can you be a little more clear then quoting yourself.

If that is your point I have to agree with you earlier in saying that gov makes to much on cig's to ban them. So why flex?

[edit on 9-2-2007 by whoknew]

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Originally posted by whoknew
2nd hand smoke:

I always thought that 2nd hand smoke was the smoke that comes from the lit end of the cigarette while burning? Not the smoke from your lungs. So, yes it would be unfiltered smoke lifting from the lit end of the cigarette. Anyone want to clear this up? (no pun intended)

We were both right griff!

Secondhand smoke, also know as environmental tobacco smoke (ETS), is a mixture of the smoke given off by the burning end of a cigarette, pipe or cigar and the smoke exhaled from the lungs of smokers. It is involuntarily inhaled by nonsmokers, lingers in the air hours after cigarettes have been extinguished and can cause or exacerbate a wide range of adverse health effects, including cancer, respiratory infections, and asthma.1

Checkout this site if you have any questions on this forum or topic
click here

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
At the end of the day its like this. we all know smoking and passive smoking are directly bad for people's health. so are the side effects that cigarettes casue. ie" Physical addiction, appetite supression, extra prone to ear/nose/throat infections, Cancers of the face mouth lungs Oesophagas (spelling?) not to mention the financial restraints they place on low income families. Many of whom will complain about the price of fresh fruits and vegetables and refuse to purchase such healthy products yet still maintain purchase of cigarettes and sometimes alcohol. (I know I grew up with both parents who smoked and drank) i never went without the basic needs as they seemed to budget well, however "extras" like the other kids got just werent there. My life would have been different had my parents not smoked. So too would the lives of many premature, underweight birthed babies and children with cases of severe asthma born to smoking parents. Where anyone can tell me tha smoking should not be completely out lawed and give significant reasoning as to its continual production I would be happy to hear their story. As far as I can see. It is only to benefit Big Pharma & the Tax Man

Cheers and Thanks!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join