It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity leaps into quantum world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Far from falling smoothly, objects moving under gravity do so in lurching, quantum leaps, a French experiment has revealed1. The finding confirms that gravity, like the Universe's three other fundamental forces, can have a quantum effect.

www.nature.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 12:13 AM
link   
That's interesting, but I wonder if the reasons why they detected the particles only at certain heights are related to other reasons. For instance, gravity is not quantumized but rather the particles are only revealed at certain points in their waves? Just a thought.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 07:41 AM
link   
the word is "quantised", and you have a good point. it would also be interesting to see how this result agrees/conflicts with gravity-wave theory, but gravitational physics is way beyond my scope.

- qo.

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 10:57 AM
link   
In itself, it could go either way,Quiet: there are sets of equations that can live with this, or oppose it entirely, -even when all are based upon pulsar-observation which is, I believe, still the principle source of theories.
We would need to see a lot more than is here before we started looking at the maths.

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm not sure, but I think there is a quantum theory for gravity. We could be seeing evidence that this theory is true...

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This should be interesting

See Attached

The Speed of Gravity

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Ok...That hurts...

I don't get what there saying..mind clarifying it up for me?

new topics

top topics

join