It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Safety meaures in US politics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
With all the talk about Iran and sending a surge of troops into Iraq.

We know have this...

"The Pentagon is moving strategic bombers to Guam and aircraft carriers and submarines to the Pacific as part of a new "hedge" strategy aimed at preparing for conflict with China, Pentagon officials said yesterday."

www.washingtontimes.com...

Exactly what safety measure or there in place should GW Bush decide for example to Invade Iran or North Korea? Both scenario's have the magnitude to start another world war.

GW Bush is already quoted as saying "I fully understand they could try to stop me from doing it. But I've made my decision. And we're going forward,"

Cheney backed him up saying ""The president is the commander in chief. He's the one who has to make these tough decisions,"

It appears to me that if GW Bush and co. want to do something there is nothing standing in there way!

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yeah sadly it's all legal. I suppose Congress could try to impeach the President but they would almost need to make something up as a good rallying point.
I reckon the charge of “governing like a dictator” would make quite a good vote.

Trouble is that Dubya is doing is actually very much in line with the elites of American politics, both in the Democrats and Republicans (I call it DemoRep). They’re not looking a nice secular pro-western dictator who could sort out Iraq’s problems, they’re committed to imposing democracy where it has not stood and because of fear and religion division cannot last.
It’s like the whole of the Washington elite is involved in some conspiracy entitled “Destroy Iraq”. The only trouble is working through the motivations of this. More likely they’re Democracy Fascists i.e. you will have democracy whether it does you any good or not; because we have it and look at us.

Hypothetically
I suppose someone might do to the President what has happened to about 3000 deceased Americans who served in Operation Iraqi Freedom. But rather like Saddam Hussein George Bush’s security is very trained, and very well motivated. Anyway you can’t go round advocating the assassination of democratically elected leaders, even if they are sending your fellow countrymen to death for what the vast majority of Americans now believe is a pointless-wrong war.

Of course if you were an Iraqi who had witnessed the loss of some 650,000 fellow countrymen indirectly and directly because of this Western idea of Operation Iraqi Freedom; then you might be within your rights; but I don’t see too many Iraqis in America.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
Yeah sadly it's all legal. I suppose Congress could try to impeach the President but they would almost need to make something up as a good rallying point.
I reckon the charge of “governing like a dictator” would make quite a good vote.

thats kinda scary

[edit on 2-2-2007 by ForWantOfABetter]

new topics

join