It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'What Would You Do If You Were Prime Minister' Tour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
David Suzuki will be hopping on a bus to travel across Canada on the 'What Would You Do If You Were Prime Minister' tour. In addition to travelling around talking to Canadians, he has also started up a YouTube group for Canadian citizens to post their video on what they would do if they were Prime Minister. Most of them focus on the environment, because it is a Suzuki thing, but they are still interesting to watch.

Here's what two Canadians have to say:

Mitch.... Mitch is refreshingly honest (he's also a pretty sarcastic kind of guy).

This is Margo and we should petition her to run for office.

All
YouTube and the Canadians who have taken a little bit of time out of their busy day to contribute their videos.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I'd like to set up my own autocratic government in Quebec, but it probably wouldnt hold very long

I would militarize the Arctic and prone an expansionist Canada, is that a good answer?

There is plenty of ressources and land to the south to Expand our great Canuckculture!

[edit on 2-2-2007 by CanadianGlasnost]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
All I want to say is that David Suzuki is one of my favourite Canadians, I didn't go see him when he came to my city, I should have, but didn't

Oh well.

Just wondering if there are many Americans who know who David Suzuki is?
Curious about that.

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
just read an article about David Suzuki hehe

You probably don't read the same newspaper as I but anyway

he was opposing the construction of a new oil Refinery

I like his mustache, gives him a nice style

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

he was opposing the construction of a new oil Refinery

Yeah, and I'll be downwind from it, sure it will create jobs, but at what expense? Dirty air, more Co2, ground contams.
And they are going to cut down a lot of trees and plow a lot of pristine land out of the way to build it.

Where is this oil intending to go?
The American market!
So we pollute our own backyard and let foreigners enjoy the fruits.

It's so backwards, like it always is here, what about 7 billion bux for cleaner energies?
What about that?

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianGlasnost
There is plenty of ressources and land to the south to Expand our great Canuckculture!

That's priceless!

We can send our crack squad of attack beavers to beat them into submission with those nasty tails of theirs.

I'm not sure how well known Suzuki is in the US. I know he went to school there and has gotten some honourary degrees and awards, but as far as the 'average American', I haven't a clue.

I love David Suzuki, I've been watching The Nature of Things for almost 20 years. What is slightly disturbing is how good he looks for a 70 year old. The man still has a six pack.

top topics

join