It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Purple Haze Baffles Town - Classified

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Thursday evening the Swedish town of Linköping was suddenly enveloped in a purple cloud. Lots of concerned citizens phoned the police. The explaination they were given was that it was classified material and "nothing to worry about". Later it was "leaked" to the press that they were actually destroying narcotics and that they wanted to keep this a secret...

Photo: Lasse Hejdenberg/ hejdlosa.se

Purple haze baffles Swedish town

1st February 2007

A purple haze enveloped the town of Linköping in central Sweden on Thursday. All through the afternoon concerned citizens phoned police to report the colourful cloud and inquire as to its origin.

[---]

News filtered through to The Local that the National Laboratory of Forensic Science was somehow involved.

[---]

"Everybody wants to know that. All I can say is that it's security things, eh, material," said spokeswoman Eva-Marie Törnström.

[---]

"It's classified material. There was no smell or anything. There was nothing dangerous about it, it was just a weird colour," said spokeswoman Eva Ankarberg.

[---]

"It was narcotics. Tekniska Verken was destroying them for us," spokeswoman Sabine Rütten told newspaper Expressen.

She explains that the national forensics lab had wanted to keep the matter quiet. But they were given away by the afternoon's constant stream of visible psychedelia.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Weird. I wonder what kind of narcotics creates a purple cloud when burned? Jimi Hendrix should have been there. Did they tell us the truth about this cloud?

edited to give credit to the photo

[edit on 2007/2/1 by Hellmutt]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
A little funny, and a little concerning.

I guess they had never burned this particular narcotic before?
Otherwise they would have known, that it pretty much announces itself..
So much for keeping it under cover..

It is my new favorite color of smog though..I was getting tired of the old Earthtones.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Now thats smog i can relate too. jking.

What sort of narcotic would produce that!!

Likewise i was expecting something Jimmy Hendrix related, hmmm not much of a stretch really.

join